I like NASA

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Just a guy, Feb 28, 2006.

1. Just a guy

Just a guy Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Woke up this morning and felt somewhat angry. All the stuff around me. Smart things invented to make life better. Then I went to work, people coughing on the subway, eating medicine and thus giving the germs the knowledge how to completely wipe out humans from the scene in a thousand years. Germs are smart, they are patient. All germs are equally smart. The smartest humans did what?

Invent nuclear weapons? Medicine that will cure us now and leave us defenceless later? Food that will kill us? Cure for deceases that will make them inherited flaws whitin our genes? Some other very smart person invented mustard gas, or made a brilliant effort in storing deadly viruses.

If we are going to invent stuff like this, we must broaden our minds a bit. The earth is not the best place to test stuff like this out. Here is the part where NASA comes in to play, - get us out there! A science that have come up with things like nuclear bombs can only be forgivven if it provides us with the technology to prosper beyond the negative effects it has brought. Otherwise the germs will win.

[Just read what i wrote again :smoke: ]
    Damn I'm good! :clap:

2. Stephanie

Stephanie Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,359
    I reread your post the second time as you suggested, and it still made not a damm bit of sense.
    And you do have a phobia about germs, this is the second time you've mentioned about people coughing on a train.... You need to buy a few boxes of those face masks like Michael Jackson wears.....

Blow me a bubble, I want to go live in it.
    I'm going to go find me a cave to live in.
    The heck with humans, I want to go live with the aliens, all you humans are NUTS....
    :thanks: thank you very much... :rotflmao:

3. Just a guy

Just a guy Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I read it a third time... and I still find it surprisingly good!

4. Stephanie

Stephanie Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,359
    I'm sure you DO... :scratch: :teeth:

5. Just a guy

Just a guy Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Yes!
    And I'm sure you will too after a while, your'e just lacking some verissimilitude here...

:chillpill

6. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    Well if our islamic friends have their way. We'll be reduced to a stone age society. Critical thinking offends the prophet.

7. Just a guy

Just a guy Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Thats a point. I don't think I am against progression, but we need to keep the pace up. As soon as we stagger, all bad stuff we have made will run us over, like breaking with a boat.

And I truely love NASA and their achievements. You must be very proud of it?

They are behind alot of everyday stuff we use, like teflon and microwave ovens. And watertight zippers and thermoxenoswitches. (Couldn't resist)

8. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511

I like nasa. I love the macabre public spectacle of blowing up teachers in space. It's better than the colliseum.

9. Just a guy

Just a guy Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Naw... at colliseum you get to see the blood! But still... there is something appealing with the thougt of sending unwanted people in to space...
    Think of it, the colonzed Australia with criminals. Can't we colonize Mars using the same concept? IF there is a way of surviving there, they will probably find it? No need to send extra food, equipment or water on the trip. They have to live from what the land gives!

10. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511

LOl. It was an accident when we blew up the teacher from new jersey. This could be a good motivating factor for our current teachers, though. "Either the test scores rise or it's space exile for you, oh left wing teacher."