I know it won't make a difference to the radicalized people....

Wage suppression! That's a great plank for any Republican to run on!

What have working families done to Conservatives to have such scorn heaped upon them?

Raise the minimum wage for all workers clocking in 30 hours a week or greater. Now.

Teenagers working a summer job aren't working families. At risk minority youth suffer the most from an increase. Does a higher unemployment rate for minority youth a political platform you support?

The man on the left should easily be making 25 per hour for such skilled labor.

But he's not and the reason conservatives say he isnt is because hes not skilled enough. How's that for shitting in someones hat?
What conservatives say that, moron?

Do you mean you've dropped the "people get paid by their skill set" mantra? Or does that not apply to medics, police and military?

The reason is the market dictates what he should make and the market for that skill set is $15. If it were more, he'd quit that job and work somewhere that paid him more.
Simple, unless your an econ ignoramus.

The market? You mean the companies right?

What have working families done to Conservatives to have such scorn heaped upon them?

Raise the minimum wage for all workers clocking in 30 hours a week or greater. Now.

Teenagers working a summer job aren't working families. At risk minority youth suffer the most from an increase. Does a higher unemployment rate for minority youth a political platform you support?
The UE rate for black teens has paralleled rises in min wage. If people can't their foot on the first rung they cannot improve themselves.
Which is what democrats want. The last thing Democrats want to see is a black community that is strong and independent. It would mean the end of their political power.

30 hours a week. That's 30 HOURS A WEEK

People actually working for a living do not deserve to live in utter poverty.

So you want to put a different rate for those who work below 30 hours and those who work above 30? What do you think employers are going to do to people working 30 hours now?

How do you arrive at 30hrs a week? I mean other than that is the new definition of full time according to Obama.
Most min wage jobs are not held by breadwinners in the family.

So you want to put a different rate for those who work below 30 hours and those who work above 30? What do you think employers are going to do to people working 30 hours now?
Libs are bad at thinking beyond Stage One. That's how Obamacare's 30hr/week=full time got passed.

I've cleaned this thread up and handed out infractions. Stop trolling, stop flaming each other, and stick to the topic at hand
Well, alright then.

stop flaming me Sonny, you're so hot .... I have lost control... ;)
Ha Ha .... I wondered when you'd tell me to get lost and stop giving you a hard time. Ok, I'll stop for awhile. But, only for awhile.

no baby, never stop.............
Well, if you insist.

But sometimes it has to simplified for some people to understand the argument.

View attachment 45796

I was told in another thread that the problem with people's income is that they just don't work hard enough. On one side of this argument are people who think that the working class has been hosed. The other side thinks everything is fine but when they are not fine it is because people are not pulling on their boot straps hard enough.

BTW I am for a higher min wage but it needs to increase gradually. The last thing that labor market needs is a price shock.
Then you were told wrong.

The problem is not that people who want more need to work harder. It is that if they want more (i.e., wages) they have to bring more to the table than they are bringing right now. If I flip burgers (which requires nearly zero skills) and want more money, I take a few classes in management or supervision at the local CC...

If I want to make a lot MORE money, I take classes in a vocation that interests Me, do research on that vocation while getting the skills, and then go to get job well prepared to meet an employers need in that particular job.

I don't walk on a sidewalk and whine like a 4 year old about how life isn't fair and that this world owes Me something.

The guy on the left, is underpaid, and the folks on the right make junk food that fat-assed Americans need like a fucking hole in the head but if a business can't survive by paying a living wage then we don't fucking need it.

You are right. It's the same with airline pilots. People who have others' lives in their hands shouldn't be wondering how to pay their bills. That will inevitably result in people dying (as will fast food, but that's another story).

View attachment 45796

I was told in another thread that the problem with people's income is that they just don't work hard enough. On one side of this argument are people who think that the working class has been hosed. The other side thinks everything is fine but when they are not fine it is because people are not pulling on their boot straps hard enough.

BTW I am for a higher min wage but it needs to increase gradually. The last thing that labor market needs is a price shock.

The problem is not that people who want more need to work harder. It is that if they want more (i.e., wages) they have to bring more to the table than they are bringing right now. If I flip burgers (which requires nearly zero skills) and want more money, I take a few classes in management or supervision at the local CC...

If I want to make a lot MORE money, I take classes in a vocation that interests Me, do research on that vocation while getting the skills, and then go to get job well prepared to meet an employers need in that particular job.

I don't walk on a sidewalk and whine like a 4 year old about how life isn't fair and that this world owes Me something.

So there was something terribly wrong with this country in 1968 when minimum wage people made more than minimum wage people make now?

View attachment 45796

So the guy on the left should make more money. Why don't you support that you fascist.
I do support it. However, since you don't seem to have any ability to reason, I'm going to ask you how you come to the conclusion that I don't support the responsible guy making more money?

Because I don't support giving high wages to those without the skills to justify it?

View attachment 45796

So there was something terribly wrong with this country in 1968 when minimum wage people made more than minimum wage people make now?
Blame your Deity....Government is responsible for the devaluation of our currency more than any other entity.

Then get a job that pays more

View attachment 45796

Blame your Deity....Government is responsible for the devaluation of our currency more than any other entity.

You may be the most incoherent poster on this board. And that is one high bar to clear.

The guy on the left, is underpaid, and the folks on the right make junk food that fat-assed Americans need like a fucking hole in the head but if a business can't survive by paying a living wage then we don't fucking need it.

You are right. It's the same with airline pilots. People who have others' lives in their hands shouldn't be wondering how to pay their bills. That will inevitably result in people dying (as will fast food, but that's another story).
People in positions of responsibily are usually in those positions because they are educated and can reason. In 999 times out of 1000 they will know what their salary is, budget their income to fit their income, and hold their finances in balance.

Your notion that they will be worried about how to pay their bills and jeopardize lives is not a valid concern.

View attachment 45796

You may be the most incoherent poster on this board. And that is one high bar to clear.
I'll let you know when you're opinion matters....

Forum List

Back