I know it won't make a difference to the radicalized people....

I guess we have a difference in opinion about a "living wage".

No, we have a difference of opinion on treating hard working people with the respect they deserve by paying them a living wage.

You don't respect them, period.

I'm not making a judgment on you, but you are on me without even digging deeper.
I'm saying we are having a difference of opinion and perhaps a communication issue.
You are saying I don't respect (?) who? Workers? Which ones?

You don't respect those who are working full time for minimum wage.

I think maybe they are not budgeting properly.
I think we don't owe it to people because they are not being taught hard work and goals, instead of whining and entitlement.
They can make it on the current minimum wage.... and save!
They can also make MORE than the minimum wage ... if they don't feel entitled.

No, we have a difference of opinion on treating hard working people with the respect they deserve by paying them a living wage.

I'm not making a judgment on you, but you are on me without even digging deeper.
I'm saying we are having a difference of opinion and perhaps a communication issue.

I think we don't owe it to people because they are not being taught hard work and goals, instead of whining and entitlement.

Non sequitur!

They are working hard and no, they didn't need to be taught how to work hard because they are already doing it.

No amount of budgeting enables anyone to live on minimum wage!

But thanks for proving that you don't respect your fellow hard working Americans.

Non sequitur!

They are working hard and no, they didn't need to be taught how to work hard because they are already doing it.

But thanks for proving that you don't respect your fellow hard working Americans.

No idea if people work hard or not, that is a matter of opinion.
You are not owed any wage. We live in America and you can actually live WELL off the street.
Are you wealthy? You talk like you are....

Non sequitur!

You are not owed any wage. We live in America and you can actually live WELL off the street.

Thank you for admitting to your appalling ignorance of the plight of your fellow hardworking Americans and thereby disqualifying yourself from any further meaningful participation in this topic.

Non sequitur!

Thank you for admitting to your appalling ignorance of the plight of your fellow hardworking Americans and thereby disqualifying yourself from any further meaningful participation in this topic.

Some may buy into your pompous verbiage. I don't ... silly man! :)
Insulting me doesn't really address my points. It only magnifies your inability to answer...
Even so you are on my "love" list De Te :)

What people?
People like you keep getting so hysterical about less the 3.3 million and most are teen agers...
Yet you want them to be out of work! Where is your "compassion"???

Again THE FACTS are most minimum wage are teenagers!
They have very little skill sets... are learning basics of business, i.e. be in time. Be on the job!
These are the basics and if you don't have them you can't go anywhere!

FACTS...
As Gruber said because of the "Stupidity of the American Voter" most uninformed voters that voted for Obama don't seem to know that:
In 1979 6,912,000 or 13.4% of all hourly workers worked at minimum wage of the total hourly workers of 51,582,090
In 1989 3,162,000 or 50% LESS working at minimum wage of the 62,000,000 people working at hourly wage
In 2009 there were 3,572,000 people working at minimum wage of the total work force of 72,897,959 at hourly wage or 4.9%

Finally in 2013 there were 3,300,000 working at minimum or 4.3% of 76,744,186 that work at hourly.
AND of the 3.3 million working at minimum wage:
Among employed teenagers paid by the hour, about 21 percent earned the minimum wage or less, compared
with about 3 percent of workers age 25 and the remaining at age 16 to 24 years,1,797,000 at or below minimum wage.
Tables 1 - 10 Characteristics of Minimum Wage Workers 2012

BUT by raising minimum wage you will be putting these people out of work thus increasing unemployment.
The youth unemployment rate was 14.3 percent in July 2014.
Employment and Unemployment Among Youth Summary

And so you want to put these kids out of work???
A new study published by the American Action Forum and Manhattan Institute finds that boosting the minimum wage nationwide to $12 or $15 would end up hurting many of the people it aims to help.
Yahoo Finance has an exclusive first look at the research, which finds that a Federal minimum wage increase to $15 per hour would cost the economy 6.6 million jobs and that only 6.7% of the extra
$105.4 billion in new wages would go to people in poverty.

“It’s a strange story,” says Holtz-Eakin. “We have somebody who otherwise would have been hired and they don’t get a job.
The person who keeps their job gets a raise so we’ve essentially taken the money from somebody who is out of work and given it to somebody who has a job.”

Holtz-Eakin believes that over the long term, companies would find ways to permanently scale down their labor force by automation, outsourcing and demanding an increase in productivity.

A 15 minimum wage could hurt those it s meant to help - Yahoo Finance

Non sequitur!

"PLIGHT"?????
You want people put out of work? You want mostly teenagers that have no job skills to no longer be given those fundamentals of working...i.e.
be on time... be on the job? That's what is going to happen and teenage unemployment standing on street corners will continue to grow!
All because people like you are totally IGNORANT about these facts!
A new study published by the American Action Forum and Manhattan Institute finds that boosting the minimum wage nationwide to $12 or $15 would end up hurting many of the people it aims to help.
Yahoo Finance has an exclusive first look at the research, which finds that a Federal minimum wage increase to $15 per hour would cost the economy 6.6 million jobs and that only 6.7% of the extra

“It’s a strange story,” says Holtz-Eakin. “We have somebody who otherwise would have been hired and they don’t get a job.
The person who keeps their job gets a raise so we’ve essentially taken the money from somebody who is out of work and given it to somebody who has a job.”

Holtz-Eakin believes that over the long term, companies would find ways to permanently scale down their labor force by automation, outsourcing and demanding an increase in productivity.

Outright dishonesty.

To begin, respect is earned, not just given out. A kid working for minimum wage gets a ton of respect from Me for having the ambition to get a job.

That same kid making minimum wage 5 years later loses all respect from Me.

The burden of a living is not the responsibility of America's employers. It is the responsibility of the individual.

Non sequitur!

Insulting me doesn't really address my points. It only magnifies your inability to answer...

You admitted to being ignorant about hardworking Americans.

Your words..."No idea if people work hard or not" :eek:

More of your words..."We live in America and you can actually live WELL off the street." :wtf:

If anything you insulted yourself and marginalized your own contribution.

But somehow I am the one who is wrong for calling out your own admissions? :eek:

How does that work in the real world?

Because it makes no sense to me.

No, I am not attacking you or insulting you. I am going by the words that you are posting.

Either you do or don't know about how Americans who are less fortunate than you struggle to survive when the only work they can find pays minimum wage and they lack the means to get to better paying jobs.

Yes, they don't even have transportation of their own but according to you they have cell phones, big screen TV's and eat shrimp. :eek:

That disinformation is typical of those who are too lazy to actually do their own homework and find out the truth for themselves. Instead they just swallow the BS that is fed to them by the disingenuous extremist right without ever stopping to question it for themselves.

Have you ever volunteered at an inner city soup kitchen or a food bank? How about at a homeless shelter?

What people?
People like you keep getting so hysterical about less the 3.3 million and most are teen agers...
Yet you want them to be out of work! Where is your "compassion"???

Again THE FACTS are most minimum wage are teenagers!
They have very little skill sets... are learning basics of business, i.e. be in time. Be on the job!
These are the basics and if you don't have them you can't go anywhere!

FACTS...
As Gruber said because of the "Stupidity of the American Voter" most uninformed voters that voted for Obama don't seem to know that:
In 1979 6,912,000 or 13.4% of all hourly workers worked at minimum wage of the total hourly workers of 51,582,090
In 1989 3,162,000 or 50% LESS working at minimum wage of the 62,000,000 people working at hourly wage
In 2009 there were 3,572,000 people working at minimum wage of the total work force of 72,897,959 at hourly wage or 4.9%

Finally in 2013 there were 3,300,000 working at minimum or 4.3% of 76,744,186 that work at hourly.
AND of the 3.3 million working at minimum wage:
Among employed teenagers paid by the hour, about 21 percent earned the minimum wage or less, compared
with about 3 percent of workers age 25 and the remaining at age 16 to 24 years,1,797,000 at or below minimum wage.
Tables 1 - 10 Characteristics of Minimum Wage Workers 2012

BUT by raising minimum wage you will be putting these people out of work thus increasing unemployment.
The youth unemployment rate was 14.3 percent in July 2014.
Employment and Unemployment Among Youth Summary

And so you want to put these kids out of work???

You can't even read your own links!

upload_2015-7-28_16-45-26.png

80% of those earning at or below federal minimum wage are 25 or older!

Thank you for disqualifying yourself with your own link.

Outright dishonesty.

To begin, respect is earned, not just given out. A kid working for minimum wage gets a ton of respect from Me for having the ambition to get a job.

The burden of a living is not the responsibility of America's employers. It is the responsibility of the individual.

You hate your fellow Americans who are less fortunate than you are.

Got it!

Non sequitur!

You admitted to being ignorant about hardworking Americans.

Your words..."No idea if people work hard or not" :eek:

More of your words..."We live in America and you can actually live WELL off the street." :wtf:

If anything you insulted yourself and marginalized your own contribution.

But somehow I am the one who is wrong for calling out your own admissions? :eek:

How does that work in the real world?

Because it makes no sense to me.

No, I am not attacking you or insulting you. I am going by the words that you are posting.

Either you do or don't know about how Americans who are less fortunate than you struggle to survive when the only work they can find pays minimum wage and they lack the means to get to better paying jobs.

Yes, they don't even have transportation of their own but according to you they have cell phones, big screen TV's and eat shrimp. :eek:

That disinformation is typical of those who are too lazy to actually do their own homework and find out the truth for themselves. Instead they just swallow the BS that is fed to them by the disingenuous extremist right without ever stopping to question it for themselves.

Have you ever volunteered at an inner city soup kitchen or a food bank? How about at a homeless shelter?

(1) I'm not going t assume all Americans are "hard working" some are but there are many, not so much...
(2) Yes. Compared to other countries, people living off the street in the US live well.
(3) And no, have not volunteered - but Hubby and I have discussed doing it for Thanksgiving one year.

He disagrees with me like you do as far as having pity on the homeless. That was actually one of our first ever arguments...

Outright dishonesty.

How does making American workers poorer make America better?

American workers need to be educated on spending and budgeting.
Not get paid more money to piss away....

The minimum wage has been falling for 45 years, adjusted for inflation.

If a lower minimum wage makes things better, why hasn't the American workers' lot improved over the last 45 years?

I'm not going t assume all Americans are "hard working" some are but there are many, not so much...
And no, have not volunteered

Once again you admit your ignorance while condemning those less fortunate than yourself.

upload_2015-7-29_10-17-54.png

Please provide your credible non partisan substantiation that those earning minimum wages are "pissing money away".

I'm not going t assume all Americans are "hard working" some are but there are many, not so much...
And no, have not volunteered

Once again you admit your ignorance while condemning those less fortunate than yourself.

well if you keep repeating it, maybe you and others will believe it...
and to think I could have a "real" conversation with you......

Forum List

Back