I know it won't make a difference to the radicalized people....

Ahhhhhh, KG is staring deep into her cauldron just to see what kind of mischief she can stir up this time. Unfortunately, the broom upon which she ride accidentally got stuck up her ass. This is a problem.

Poor KG.

Now, back to the OP, which is about minimum wage. Why do Republicans hate the working man?
We don't hate the working man. We love the working man. We are highly suspicious of non-working men, however, who put in a couple of hours a day at Burger King, and expect to support themselves and six kids on it.

I'm not angry or bitter.

And I did work my way up and I do support myself..and none of my kids are on welfare still.

See, I understand what it means to work...and I do it.

I never said you didn't work your way up, madam. I said you didn't do it alone with four kids and absolutely zero help (I'm not speaking strictly government subsidies either).

Again, you're assuming I do not know what work is and, again, you're mistaken.

Oh, I see you've met KosherGruel. Have fun!! Don't forget to wear your surgical gloves with that one.

:thup:
Do you have actual argument, fact, or evidence to contribute here or is insult and trolling as good as you get?

You are the last person on Earth who should be asking that question, as vicious and insulting a troll as you are.

The debate here is about minimum wage. Who decides what "minimum" is? And when a bare minumum wage does not at least keep pace with the rate of inflation, then it is FAR LESS than a minimum wage.

But please, by all means, spew more of your vile goo about this. Let the world see how much whacked-out Righties like you hate the working man.
You stated he was worth $25/hr. I asked how you got to that figure.
Of course you pulled it out of your ass and now, true to little bitch form, you wont answer it and troll and insult instead.

25 an hour for skilled labor like what that medical person does is absolutely the norm in other civilized countries, like Germany. Are you saying that the USA is not as good as France or Germany? Why are you ragging on the USA, you unpatriotic bastard?!?!?!

:D

10 per hour for unskilled is ok.

25 per hour for skilled is therefore reasonable. 25 per hour = $52,000 per year, before taxes.

Now, go check the stats on what should be middle class, fake rabid rabbi rabbit.

You will see that $52,000 passes right into the middle class.

You really do suck at math, eh?

And why do you hate the middle class so much?

Ahhhhhh, KG is staring deep into her cauldron just to see what kind of mischief she can stir up this time. Unfortunately, the broom upon which she ride accidentally got stuck up her ass. This is a problem.

Poor KG.

Now, back to the OP, which is about minimum wage. Why do Republicans hate the working man?
We don't hate the working man. We love the working man. We are highly suspicious of non-working men, however, who put in a couple of hours a day at Burger King, and expect to support themselves and six kids on it.

Well, since I've worked full-time all my life, I wouldn't be able to relate to that.
And if you have been popping out six kids, well then, that's your thing.
I see you are the kind of woman who expects the man to do everything for her.

:puke:

No 15 bucks an hour if there are no customers. Stop paying for nasty burgers and gross greasy fries...and make yer own coffee. That should put a big whoa on pay raises for schmucks that have to punch in numbers on a register just to figure out how much change to give.

I never said you didn't work your way up, madam. I said you didn't do it alone with four kids and absolutely zero help (I'm not speaking strictly government subsidies either).

Again, you're assuming I do not know what work is and, again, you're mistaken.

Oh, I see you've met KosherGruel. Have fun!! Don't forget to wear your surgical gloves with that one.

:thup:
Do you have actual argument, fact, or evidence to contribute here or is insult and trolling as good as you get?

You are the last person on Earth who should be asking that question, as vicious and insulting a troll as you are.

The debate here is about minimum wage. Who decides what "minimum" is? And when a bare minumum wage does not at least keep pace with the rate of inflation, then it is FAR LESS than a minimum wage.

But please, by all means, spew more of your vile goo about this. Let the world see how much whacked-out Righties like you hate the working man.
You stated he was worth $25/hr. I asked how you got to that figure.
Of course you pulled it out of your ass and now, true to little bitch form, you wont answer it and troll and insult instead.

25 an hour for skilled labor like what that medical person does is absolutely the norm in other civilized countries, like Germany. Are you saying that the USA is not as good as France or Germany? Why are you ragging on the USA, you unpatriotic bastard?!?!?!

:D

10 per hour for unskilled is ok.

25 per hour for skilled is therefore reasonable. 25 per hour = $52,000 per year, before taxes.

Now, go check the stats on what should be middle class, fake rabid rabbi rabbit.

You will see that $52,000 passes right into the middle class.

You really do suck at math, eh?

And why do you hate the middle class so much?
Proof of any of that?
The US is not France or Germany. Costs of living are radically different not only from Europe but within the US itself.
Who says an EMT needs to be middle class, whatever that means?
You're not very good at this, are you?

Poor KG.

Well, since I've worked full-time all my life, I wouldn't be able to relate to that.
And if you have been popping out six kids, well then, that's your thing.
I see you are the kind of woman who expects the man to do everything for her.

:puke:
I dont think dancing with men for cash really qualifies as "working full time." But whatever.

But sometimes it has to simplified for some people to understand the argument.

View attachment 45796

Tell us who exactly the man is on the left. His job, his employer.
I guess you're blind....His employer matters not one whit. He is an EMT worker.....

But we all know that anyone can walk off the street and just start doing EMS work, right?
No, but for 1600 you can take a fourteen week course and be employable. Depending on the state you live in you can earn from 14 to 35 per hour.

The idiots who work 4 hours 4 days a week at McDonald's aren't "working class". They're "non-working class" because they can't get and keep a decent job, or earn enough to support themselves. WORKING CLASS people aren't sucking foodstamps. They're people like me who work their fucking asses off to get by without foodstamps. Paying people more to do less is retarded. I just can't get over how retarded lefties are.

Who said a thing about paying people more to do less?

Stop spending your time calling people names and recognize that many people living at or below the poverty line only want to make enough money to survive while they are doing what it takes to better themselves. $8 an hour/ 40 hours a week is nowhere near what it takes just to survive.
It provides survival for one person just fine. And if it's not the manner in which you've become accustomed to live, I suggest you find a way to climb the ladder of success. Perhaps go to college, or put in extra hours.

You have clearly never had to pull yourself out of poverty or you would be compassionate toward people who have instead of petty and condescending. I've watched plenty of people bust their asses working multiple jobs who still fail to make ends meet or just barely make it work with little time to do anything else except sleep. It is wrong and why anyone within society would argue against helping people succeed is beyond my understanding.

I pulled myself and all four of my kids up out of poverty. Barely. And I work with, and have worked with, the population you're crippling for decades.
You did that by getting handouts from the government. I guess you are the only worthy one.

I pulled myself and all four of my kids up out of poverty. Barely. And I work with, and have worked with, the population you're crippling for decades.

If you expect me to believe you worked multiple jobs with four kids, paid all your bills yourself without a dime of assistance then you have really underestimated my level of intelligence.

I know what it takes to start from the very bottom and you didn't do it alone, not with four kids in tow.
I only had two kids at a time. Like in separate litters.

Yes indeed I started at the bottom, and never received child support. You can believe it or not, there are people who have known me for years on here who know it's true.

Yes, you can do it alone and I did.
You admitted on this board that you got earned income tax credits. You are part of the working poor being subsidized by tax payers because your employers don't pay a living wage.

If you expect me to believe you worked multiple jobs with four kids, paid all your bills yourself without a dime of assistance then you have really underestimated my level of intelligence.

I know what it takes to start from the very bottom and you didn't do it alone, not with four kids in tow.
I only had two kids at a time. Like in separate litters.

Yes indeed I started at the bottom, and never received child support. You can believe it or not, there are people who have known me for years on here who know it's true.

Yes, you can do it alone and I did.
You admitted on this board that you got earned income tax credits. You are part of the working poor being subsidized by tax payers because your employers don't pay a living wage.

Really, is that true?

Wow.

Poor KG.

And do you know those people?

I did it by working my ass off and not whining about how much more I should be getting from the government or from my bosses. I did it by setting goals and meeting them. My #1 goal was not to be on welfare.

That's the way non-entitlement, WORKING folks do it.

The bullshit that comes from these people.

Anonymity is a dangerous toy.

Poor KG.

And do you know those people?

:lol:

KG knows everything!!!!!!! Just ask her!!! Her witch's-crystal-ball tells her everything!!!

Now, back to the OP, which is about minimum-wage...

View attachment 45796
The president of the United States makes approximately $400,000 a year plus many other perks and benefits. A surgeon averages $250,000 a year saving lives and relieving pain and suffering. The president of the United States causes and allows social and economic pain and suffering. A stripper can make $500.00 a night or more showing her ass and swinging on a pole. A lawyer can make $Millions a year helping the wealthy, the powerful, the influential, and celebrities beat criminal charges. A preacher can make $Millions selling religion. A used car salesman can make $80,000 a year selling junk cars.

So, your point is? If everything fair? Are wages fair across the board? Are some worth more than they're paid? Are some paid way more than they're worth? Is a U.S. Congressperson worth what taxpayers are paying them? Considering the perks and benefits that a member of Congress gets, are they worth it? Are some people in this country over-paid? Are some people in this country under-paid? Is life fair? Is there an absolute value for everything and everyone? Is a meal really worth $80.00 just because it's served in an elite neighborhood, and in a fancy building? Is a cup of coffee at Starbucks really worth $8.00?

Think about it.

The point is, you are not "owed" by anyone. flipping burgers DESERVES less money - I don't care if the industry demands it or not. If the business determines they WANT to pay more to a fast food employee, fine, but the Gov't should not mandate a minimum wage of $15 per hour. That is the Government making decisions for businesses and is a very leftwing/liberal agenda.

LESS GOVERNMENT INVOLVEMENT PLEASE!

You are subsidizing the businesses that underpay their workers through your taxes.

Why should any business be entitled to taxpayer subsidized workers?

And before you decide that you want to eliminate subsidies for underpaid workers you will have to deal with rampant crime if you go down that path.

Paying anyone who works 8 hours a day a living wage means lower taxes for everyone else.

Think about it.

I guess we have a difference in opinion about a "living wage".
Does that include luxuries such as cable TV? You can live well pretty cheap.
The problem is, our standard of living is so high things that are luxuries people view as necessities.

View attachment 45796
The president of the United States makes approximately $400,000 a year plus many other perks and benefits. A surgeon averages $250,000 a year saving lives and relieving pain and suffering. The president of the United States causes and allows social and economic pain and suffering. A stripper can make $500.00 a night or more showing her ass and swinging on a pole. A lawyer can make $Millions a year helping the wealthy, the powerful, the influential, and celebrities beat criminal charges. A preacher can make $Millions selling religion. A used car salesman can make $80,000 a year selling junk cars.

So, your point is? If everything fair? Are wages fair across the board? Are some worth more than they're paid? Are some paid way more than they're worth? Is a U.S. Congressperson worth what taxpayers are paying them? Considering the perks and benefits that a member of Congress gets, are they worth it? Are some people in this country over-paid? Are some people in this country under-paid? Is life fair? Is there an absolute value for everything and everyone? Is a meal really worth $80.00 just because it's served in an elite neighborhood, and in a fancy building? Is a cup of coffee at Starbucks really worth $8.00?

Think about it.

The point is, you are not "owed" by anyone. flipping burgers DESERVES less money - I don't care if the industry demands it or not. If the business determines they WANT to pay more to a fast food employee, fine, but the Gov't should not mandate a minimum wage of $15 per hour. That is the Government making decisions for businesses and is a very leftwing/liberal agenda.

You are subsidizing the businesses that underpay their workers through your taxes.

And before you decide that you want to eliminate subsidies for underpaid workers you will have to deal with rampant crime if you go down that path.

Paying anyone who works 8 hours a day a living wage means lower taxes for everyone else.

Think about it.

The problem is, our standard of living is so high things that are luxuries people view as necessities.
A "living wage" is defined as one that allows a worker to be self-supporting, without the need for assistance. It varies depending on where a worker lives. It cost more to live in New York City than it does to live in Jackson Mississippi. And, it does NOT include luxuries, nor a lifestyle of luxury. It includes food, water, shelter, clothing, and health care. And, in some cases, transportation.

View attachment 45796

Think about it.

Think about it.

A "living wage" is defined as one that allows a worker to be self-supporting, without the need for assistance. It varies depending on where a worker lives. It cost more to live in New York City than it does to live in Jackson Mississippi. And, it does NOT include luxuries, nor a lifestyle of luxury. It includes food, water, shelter, clothing, and health care. And, in some cases, transportation.

Still people can have varying opinions on this. To have a "real" discussion about this, I would need to see WHO came up with this and HOW they come up with this....

Forum List

Back