I knew it

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2011
I have been predicting for several years that China would revise or abolish their 'one-child ' law for many obvious reasons.

It has come to pass.

Good news

oh goody, now maybe my stash of Alibaba stock will have double the growth potential! :razz:

China has decided to end its decades-long one-child policy, Xinhua news agency reports.

All couples will now be allowed to have two children, the state-run news agency said, citing a statement from the Communist Party.

The controversial policy was introduced nationally in 1979, to reduce the country's birth rate and slow the population growth rate.

China to end one-child policy - BBC News

Don't they have an excess of 40 million men or so?
Hek, they are building islands.. Their military gets stronger by the day. I don't doubt anything from them.
All of a sudden, they don't need population control anymore?
Hek, they have over 20% of the world population. And over population has been projected to be a problem with them.. Doesn't make sense..

Hek, they are building islands.. Their military gets stronger by the day. I don't doubt anything from them.
Hek, they have over 20% of the world population. And over population has been projected to be a problem with them.. Doesn't make sense..

1.3 Billion or so and not much bigger than the US.

Your demographic information is outdated.

Most critically, facing the aging demographic problem that awaits most of the developed world before long.

Yes, the US has more room , but do we have enough water? I think that is why we are open to immigration, as family size here has shrunk.

Hey look at Russia, 1/2 the pop of the US, and unhealthy pop., so I've read.

Ok then. Maybe you can direct me to new data?

do they? that is interesting-----you have a link ? The fact is that more boys than girls do get born (the male sperm swims faster) but there is an excess of boys
in india because of prenatal testing and wasting of female fetuses by choice------do
the Chinese engage in that practice?

I have been predicting for several years that China would revise or abolish their 'one-child ' law for many obvious reasons.

It has come to pass.

Good news

So, now their wonderful government allows two children. How nice their government is...:rolleyes:

Is it true millions of female babies have been murdered by their parents, because they were not males? If true, I wonder how many millions were killed. It would have to dwarf the millions murdered by abortion in the USA.

Ok then. Maybe you can direct me to new data?

http://www.economist.com/node/18651512

http://www.businessspectator.com.au...an-china-escape-its-coming-demographic-crisis

Facing a demographic crisis, China modifies its one-child policy

I was about 10 years behind lol. But this is one of the reasons why I like forums. To learn :thup:

Forum List

Back