I just quit my day job today

I'm responding based upon values of human decency, and how I would wish to be treated in a similar situation.

Please.

As someone who will now be a boss myself, if I have an employee that decides it's time to leave, who am I to question that? If he bounces immediately, the worst it could do is potentially leave me in a pinch on a current project. As a business owner, I'll have already prepared as best I could to be able to handle that. My partner and I both work everyday and have no plans anytime soon of being the boss that doesn't work alongside his help. I won't be stupid enough to put my future in the hands of any of my help.

I'm not self absorbed enough to think I'm the be all end all of anyone's labor history.

It's all about stepping stones and getting to the next level. I already know I'll just be someone's stepping stone, and I'm ok with that.

Another approach might be to not focus on the ending, but the years committed to delivering professional services for this company and how you did them right for so long.

I've only worked for the guy since January, but that still holds true. The guy had a great crew, probably the best of any in his type of business around here, and I know this because I've seen just about all of them. He seriously did not appreciate what he had. Hopefully now in the future if he replaces us with quality help, he'll appreciate them more than he did us.

Good Luck Paulie.

And don't worry about what everyone on else here thinks, be it good or bad, worry about what YOU think. Is this the best thing for you and your family?

Sounds like it may be, now instead of 'working for the man'-you ARE the man.

Hope it all works out for you!

Good Luck Paulie.

And don't worry about what everyone on else here thinks, be it good or bad, worry about what YOU think. Is this the best thing for you and your family?

Sounds like it may be, now instead of 'working for the man'-you ARE the man.

Hope it all works out for you!

Yeah and you and I talked about this guy back when I first got hired by him. Remember he took $2/hr away from me on what he originally agreed to pay me like a week after he hired me?

He's only since given me back 1 of those dollars/hr. That shit has never sat right with me.

Knock 'em dead, kid. In a year you'll be rolling in the dough. I look to see your picture on Time magazine this time next year. Title of the article, "Young guns rule the business world."

Forum List

Back