I just converted to Mormonism....

Fixed...

Yes, no one realy thinks you are smart enough to think for yourself, so no danger there, guy. We all know you can't live without your magic sky man telling you what kind of sex to not have.

You don't know what I believe so take your imbecilic insults about what I believe somewhere else.

Last edited:
Actually, i was perfectly willing to vote for gingirch, Santorum, Perry or Tim Pawlenty, if the GOP had the good sense to nominate one of them. Unfortunately, the Mormon Cult has hijacked the GOP, and I will be forced to either vote third party or probably just vote for Obama to make the point.

I really do care about Mormonism. I think it's an evil cult and a threat to our freedom.

Of course, there's a lot to hate about Romney even without the weird, creepy cult he belongs to. the slimy business practices, the flip flopping, the fact he likes to lay people off and torture dogs.

Right. What are these so called "evil cult" that Mormons are doing? How are they hijacking the GOP party? And don't give me ecclesiastical arguments. I don't want an atheist preaching to me their ecclesiastical nonsense. Just tell me in real terms how Mormons are supposed to be screwing up the world? Gimme some sort of actual supporting proof b/c so far you haven't and you've only spewed nonsensical hate.

Well, let's start with the easy one. Prop. 8. Even though Mormons only make up 2% of the population of California, 70% of the funds for Prop 8 campaigns came from LDS families outside California. Monson opened his mouth, and people emptied out their kids college funds.

In short, nothing in Prop 8 was going to make LDS have gay marriages or do gay marriages, but man, they didn't want any of the non-LDS doing gay marriage either.

Not to mention shoving Romney down the throats of GOP voters even though about 60% don't want the guy.

Somehow, I knew you'd bring up prop 8 and be a total f'ing hypocrite. You said (in this thread) that you'd vote for Santorum and that you simply had a problem with Romney. Yet, if prop 8 is that important to you then that makes you a total f'ing liar. Santorum's as traditional marriage oriented as they come. He wears that on his sleeve.

Stop pretending to be a part of the GOP. This what the Obamanites do. They come on here pretending they're Republicans but that Romney is the evil one. And then people like you are so f'ing stupid that you can't even keep up with your own lies.

You can just stop talking now. You've been exposed as a phony.

Last edited:
Somehow, I knew you'd bring up prop 8 and be a total f'ing hypocrite. You said (in this thread) that you'd vote for Santorum and that you simply had a problem with Romney. Yet, if prop 8 is that important to you then that makes you a total f'ing liar. Santorum's as traditional marriage oriented as they come. He wears that on his sleeve.

Stop pretending to be a part of the GOP. This what the Obamanites do. They come on here pretending they're Republicans but that Romney is the evil one. And then people like you are so f'ing stupid that you can't even keep up with your own lies.

Guy, I think you are really not getting it, but you don't seem terribly bright.

I have no use for Santorum's religious fanaticism, but I do like the guy because hes' a Republican who actually gets it that the middle class is suffering out there. So I could vote for him even though I think he's a religious loon. I also voted for Huckabee in 2008 for the same reason. ( I should point out that even though I'm an atheist, I was brought up Catholic, and most of my relatives are still practicing catholics and a few are even employed by the Church.)

My problem with what the Mormons did with Prop. 8 was that they were very dishonest in what they were doing. Everything was funnelled through groups that had no Mormon Front men, but the Mormons were running the campaign. It's not what they were advocating, it was the fact that they don't seem to understand, Churches keep the fuck out of our politcs.

On the actual ISSUE of Gay marriage, my own attitude is that it's probably inevitable, doesn't really make a difference one way or the other, and that I would rather have it chosen by referendum or legislation than Judicial decree. But it's coming, and we'd better all get used to the idea.

Last edited:

Guy, I think you are really not getting it, but you don't seem terribly bright.

I have no use for Santorum's religious fanaticism, but I do like the guy because hes' a Republican who actually gets it that the middle class is suffering out there. So I could vote for him even though I think he's a religious loon. I also voted for Huckabee in 2008 for the same reason. ( I should point out that even though I'm an atheist, I was brought up Catholic, and most of my relatives are still practicing catholics and a few are even employed by the Church.)

My problem with what the Mormons did with Prop. 8 was that they were very dishonest in what they were doing. Everything was funnelled through groups that had no Mormon Front men, but the Mormons were running the campaign. It's not what they were advocating, it was the fact that they don't seem to understand, Churches keep the fuck out of our politcs.

On the actual ISSUE of Gay marriage, my own attitude is that it's probably inevitable, doesn't really make a difference one way or the other, and that I would rather have it chosen by referendum or legislation than Judicial decree. But it's coming, and we'd better all get used to the idea.

So what? So there was a Mormon money and social pipeline that worked against Prop 8? So what? They're somehow not allowed to stand up for what they believe? And because they did stand up for what they believe, you think that gives you a right to condemn them even though you say you don't care about the issue one way or another? That just makes no sense.

And when you say churches should get the fuck out of politics, what you're really saying is that believers should not have political process. That's nonsense. That makes about as much sense as me saying that a gay rights group shouldn't have a political say because they are a group with beliefs.

And, did you know that something like 95 percent of blacks voted against prop 8? Are you going to brand the blacks as evil too? Or are you going to be a hypocrite and look the other way for one group and condemn another for the same thing?

Last edited:
So what? So there was a Mormon money and social pipeline that worked against Prop 8? So what? They're somehow not allowed to stand up for what they believe? And because they did stand up for what they believe, you think that gives you a right to condemn them even though you say you don't care about the issue one way or another? That just makes no sense.

And when you say churches should get the fuck out of politics, what you're really saying is that believers should not have political process. That's nonsense. That makes about as much sense as me saying that a gay rights group shouldn't have a political say because they are a group with beliefs.

And, did you know that something like 95 percent of blacks voted against prop 8? Are you going to brand the blacks as evil too? Or are you going to be a hypocrite and look the other way for one group and condemn another for the same thing?

Ooookay.... going to talk really slow so you understand.

It's not about what they believe.

It's about them trying to impose THEIR beliefs on others. THAT'S what offends me. Not that I care about the actual issue.

And, yes, I think Churches should stay out of politics, and the minute they break that rule, they should be subject to losing their tax exemption and all the other laws they are given immunity from. (I'd love to apply the consumer fraud laws to religion and make them PROVE there's a Sky Pixie. That'd be funny.)

Incidently, it was 70% of blacks who voted for Prop 8 (not against). You seem to think that Prop 8 was a vote for Gay marriage. It wasn't. Prop 8 was to outlaw gay marriage after it has already been made legal and a few thousand of them had been preformed. This is what the Mormons did. They took rights away from people. That's what makes them scarier than shit to me.

Ooookay.... going to talk really slow so you understand.

It's not about what they believe.

It's about them trying to impose THEIR beliefs on others. THAT'S what offends me. Not that I care about the actual issue.

And, yes, I think Churches should stay out of politics, and the minute they break that rule, they should be subject to losing their tax exemption and all the other laws they are given immunity from. (I'd love to apply the consumer fraud laws to religion and make them PROVE there's a Sky Pixie. That'd be funny.)

Incidently, it was 70% of blacks who voted for Prop 8 (not against). You seem to think that Prop 8 was a vote for Gay marriage. It wasn't. Prop 8 was to outlaw gay marriage after it has already been made legal and a few thousand of them had been preformed. This is what the Mormons did. They took rights away from people. That's what makes them scarier than shit to me.

An idiot that speaks slowly is still an idiot. You say they're trying to impose their beliefs? They could make the case that the other side is trying to impose their beliefs. In fact, that is the case they make. So your point is lame.

And no. We already had a law that outlawed gay marriage and SF performed them anyways. And prop 8 literally changed the Constitution so that the will of the people would have to be respected by the politicians and the courts.

They never took away rights dude. We Californians weren't having our laws respected. I personally voted FOR (against gay marriage) Prop 8 b/c of how subversive the other side was being.

And where is your branding of blacks as evil if 70 percent of them voted for Prop 8? Come on hypocrite. Brand blacks evil like you've branded Mormons evil.

Last edited:
An idiot that speaks slowly is still an idiot. You say they're trying to impose their beliefs? They could make the case that the other side is trying to impose their beliefs. In fact, that is the case they make. So your point is lame.

Not at all. Your beliefs should only apply to you, and no one else.

If you think gay marriage is wrong, you shouldn't be made to have one. If you think it's okay, and you're into that kind of thing, you should should be able to have one. One side or the other MAKING you do it is imposing.

And no. We already had a law that outlawed gay marriage and SF performed them anyways. And prop 8 literally changed the Constitution so that the will of the people would have to be respected by the politicians and the courts.

They never took away rights dude. We Californians weren't having our laws respected. I personally voted FOR (against gay marriage) Prop 8 b/c of how subversive the other side was being.

You left out the step where your state legistlature created civil unions, which then created the constitutional issue of Separate but Equal. Once they did that, and the courts ruled you can't have "marriage in everything but name" in a constitutional sense, then gay marriage was legalized.

And where is your branding of blacks as evil if 70 percent of them voted for Prop 8? Come on hypocrite. Brand blacks evil like you've branded Mormons evil.

Because there wasn't a "Head Black Guy" who told every black in the country to vote for it, empty their bank accounts, and then tried to hide his involvement. In fact, most of the African American leadership was against Prop 8.

There was a "Head Mormon" who calls himself a prophet and they all think he's talking directly to God. And he called for all good LDS, even those who didn't live in CA, to contribute money for a law that really had nothing to do with them.

So I guess I have to ask the quesiton, what happens when Monson calls President Romney and tells him God just told him to veto legislation?

080101super_mitt_romney.jpg

How dare those mormons actually believe in liberty and the Constitution! They are a threat to all you good progressive robots.

And that's exactly how it should be.

How dare those mormons actually believe in liberty and the Constitution! They are a threat to all you good progressive robots.

Liberty and the constitution would be you mutants minding your own fucking business.

Try it some time.

Hilarious that someone who pokes his nose and opinions into the business of others, without really knowing what he's talking about, should tell someone else to 'mind your own fucking business'. Evidence of this idiots ignorance and hypocrisy is plastered all over these boards.

Liberty and the constitution would be you mutants minding your own fucking business.

Try it some time.

Hilarious that someone who pokes his nose and opinions into the business of others, without really knowing what he's talking about, should tell someone else to 'mind your own fucking business'. Evidence of this idiots ignorance and hypocrisy is plastered all over these boards.

Whose "business" am I sticking my nose into? I mean other than pointing out fighting over barren islands is kind of stupid...

Pointing out stupidity is not poking my nose into something. Not like passing a law or something to try to regulate someone's behavior.

I think Christians need to know the differences between them and Mormons before they vote for Romney. Mormons are only Christians because they say they are christians. But they aren't following Jesus from 2000 years ago. They say he visited Joseph Smith in 1800 and they follow those teachings. Not the bible.

They say that when Jesus' apostles died, so did his authority. It wasn't passed down from generation to generation to where it exists in, for example, the Catholic Church. They say other Christians are following a man made corrupt religion. A cult. They are just too nice to say it. But why else did Joseph Smith start his own religion? Because God told him the existing ones were corrupt! And I actually agree with him.

So if I started a new religion and wrote a new bible with stuff Jesus told me, would any of you buy it? Would you consider me a Christian or a cult?

In the Mormon Church the authority has been passed down. They have apostles that are alive today that have that authority from God. Does the Catholic Church have this? No they do not. Does Jerry Falwell? No. Jesus' apostles around 100 a.d. did not pass it on and the Catholic Church was corrupt for over 1000 years and even today is evil and lets priests molest children.

This from wiki: Jesus leads the church through revelation and has chosen a single man, called "the Prophet" or President of the Church, as his spokesman on the earth. The current president is Thomas S. Monson. He and two counselors (who usually are ordained apostles) form the First Presidency, the presiding body of the church; twelve other apostles form the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. When a president dies, his successor is invariably the most senior member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles

Well, I'm an atheist, and don't care if Mormons are really Christian or not.

My problem with them is that their religion is a lie, and that they seem to not understand that there is a clear line drawn between Church and State called the First Amendment.

And they are all a bunch of creepy assholes.

If you're an atheist (which does not surprise me at all because you have the IQ of a peanut).... but, atheists would say that ALL religions are a lie. So why do you insist on ranting about Mormons only?

And... you are a creepy asshole too.

CalGirl on every subject you post rationally but this bigotry against atheists is a real black spot on you. Hopefully you get to know some personally and have your bigotry defeated.

Last edited:
Well, I'm an atheist, and don't care if Mormons are really Christian or not.

My problem with them is that their religion is a lie, and that they seem to not understand that there is a clear line drawn between Church and State called the First Amendment.

And they are all a bunch of creepy assholes.

If you're an atheist (which does not surprise me at all because you have the IQ of a peanut).... but, atheists would say that ALL religions are a lie. So why do you insist on ranting about Mormons only?

And... you are a creepy asshole too.

CalGirl on every subject you post rationally but this bigotry against atheists is a real black spot on you. Hopefully you get to know some personally and have your bigotry defeated.

Yeah Caligirl

My Peanut sized brain tells me not all religions are a lie. But most contains lies and unprovable claims while promoting intuition over logic for believing what is best described as utter nonsense. (If I toke the claims out of a religious context and made them, you would call the Butterfly men on me!!)

Jiffy, anyone?

Try it some time.

So your definition of liberty is to silence people who you dont like? That's the weirdest definition I've ever heard of.

We would be more than happy if you left us alone. We would convert the world if you did. But you wont so we will just do it faster:)

Try it some time.

So your definition of liberty is to silence people who you dont like? That's the weirdest definition I've ever heard of.

We would be more than happy if you left us alone. We would convert the world if you did. But you wont so we will just do it faster:)

Your sick ass cult will be gone in a hundred years... The world is growing less religious, not more.

Not at all. Your beliefs should only apply to you, and no one else.

If you think gay marriage is wrong, you shouldn't be made to have one. If you think it's okay, and you're into that kind of thing, you should should be able to have one. One side or the other MAKING you do it is imposing.

You'd have to define beliefs. Yes nobody should have another person's religious beliefs pushed upon them. But your argument is a strawman b/c that's not what's happening.

Whether you like it or not, marriage serves a secular purpose; particularly as it relates to having and raising kids. Many people are opposed to changing that parameter. Creating gay marriage, could actually lessen the value of marriage from a secular standpoint.

Furthermore, the gay marriage crowd has been using the issue to indoctrinate school children. They want to harass anyone that won't teach or sustain gay marriage as a "moral position." So you damn well recognize the strong hypocrisy on your side. As a California resident that has plenty of dealings with schools I am quite aware of the agenda too.

If religious people were truly trying to push their moral beliefs, they would be outlawing gayness in all its forms. You know that's not their crusade. You know they're honorably staying within the Constitution unlike your side.

You left out the step where your state legistlature created civil unions, which then created the constitutional issue of Separate but Equal. Once they did that, and the courts ruled you can't have "marriage in everything but name" in a constitutional sense, then gay marriage was legalized.

Separate but equal was unconstitutional according to race. Unions were never equal to marriage. They just gave certain rights like hospital rights and tax advantages that gays lobbied for.

Because there wasn't a "Head Black Guy" who told every black in the country to vote for it, empty their bank accounts, and then tried to hide his involvement. In fact, most of the African American leadership was against Prop 8.

There was a "Head Mormon" who calls himself a prophet and they all think he's talking directly to God. And he called for all good LDS, even those who didn't live in CA, to contribute money for a law that really had nothing to do with them.

LOL. It's only evil if there's a hierarchical head evil dude? Right. That's BS. By your logic, death mobs aren't evil.

And I would debate most African leadership being against Prop 8 given that I saw many black leaders speak for Prop 8. But even still, I don't care. Many black leaders take political stands publicly and speak a different tune privately.

And Mormons weren't told to vote for Prop 8. They were told repeatedly to vote their conscious. Many Mormons in fact did vote against Prop 8 and it did not affect their church standing. Yet b/c the majority of them were for Prop 8 then that somehow makes them evil? It's called moral fiber dude. Just b/c you don't have any and you'd let a dog marry a dude in the name of so-called "equality" - that doesn't mean that they're evil.

So I guess I have to ask the quesiton, what happens when Monson calls President Romney and tells him God just told him to veto legislation?

Romney has already stated that his presidency will be independent of church leadership.

Last edited:
Gatsby, you spent some time thinking out your answer, so I will take the time to respond to them and rep you for it...

[
You'd have to define beliefs. Yes nobody should have another person's religious beliefs pushed upon them. But your argument is a strawman b/c that's not what's happening.

Whether you like it or not, marriage serves a secular purpose; particularly as it relates to having and raising kids. Many people are opposed to changing that parameter. Creating gay marriage, could actually lessen the value of marriage from a secular standpoint.

Your argument would make sense if marriage truly was a "license to make babies". But people make babies without being married and people get married without making babies. Even gay folks can make babies. I know a gay couple (two ladies) who raised three kids between them because the men they slept with when pretending to be straight walked out on them.

Furthermore, the gay marriage crowd has been using the issue to indoctrinate school children. They want to harass anyone that won't teach or sustain gay marriage as a "moral position." So you damn well recognize the strong hypocrisy on your side. As a California resident that has plenty of dealings with schools I am quite aware of the agenda too.

One man's indoctrination is another man's education. I went to a Catholic school, where they did the anti-gay propaganda in droves, even though we knew all the clergy were gayer than a Pride Parade and we had one lay teacher who was later accused of molesting kids on his football team. And some of the shit they put out there was absurd, like divorce causes homosexuality.

If religious people were truly trying to push their moral beliefs, they would be outlawing gayness in all its forms. You know that's not their crusade. You know they're honorably staying within the Constitution unlike your side.

Horseshit. You ignore 2000 years of executions, torture, imprisonment, calling homosexuality a mental disease, etc. This is the Religionists last desperate whimper of hate before they have to pretend that they weren't really behind it.

Separate but equal was unconstitutional according to race. Unions were never equal to marriage. They just gave certain rights like hospital rights and tax advantages that gays lobbied for.

Right. They gave them all the rights of married couples, without the name. And calling them "Marriage" and "Civil Unions" is just like having water fountains marked "White" and "Colored". White folks never got in trouble for drinking out of the colored fountain.

LOL. It's only evil if there's a hierarchical head evil dude? Right. That's BS. By your logic, death mobs aren't evil.

And I would debate most African leadership being against Prop 8 given that I saw many black leaders speak for Prop 8. But even still, I don't care. Many black leaders take political stands publicly and speak a different tune privately..

Well, you can debate it, but the fact is, 30% did vote against it. So they weren't walking in droves like zombies...

And Mormons weren't told to vote for Prop 8. They were told repeatedly to vote their conscious. Many Mormons in fact did vote against Prop 8 and it did not affect their church standing. Yet b/c the majority of them were for Prop 8 then that somehow makes them evil? It's called moral fiber dude. Just b/c you don't have any and you'd let a dog marry a dude in the name of so-called "equality" - that doesn't mean that they're evil.

Oh, look, it's the "bestiality" argument. Are you seriously trying to make that with a straight face?

Romney has already stated that his presidency will be independent of church leadership.

Given the fact Romney has flip-flopped on every issue from gay marriage to auto-bailouts, I don't think his word is worth the paper its written on.

Your argument would make sense if marriage truly was a "license to make babies". But people make babies without being married and people get married without making babies. Even gay folks can make babies. I know a gay couple (two ladies) who raised three kids between them because the men they slept with when pretending to be straight walked out on them.

Marriage is not a license to have babies. Such a license will never exist. However, society does recognize that there is an optimal family environment for children and that is the result of heterosexual marriage.

In fact, when babies are made out of heterosexual wedlock, society generally literally pays for it.

One man's indoctrination is another man's education. I went to a Catholic school, where they did the anti-gay propaganda in droves, even though we knew all the clergy were gayer than a Pride Parade and we had one lay teacher who was later accused of molesting kids on his football team. And some of the shit they put out there was absurd, like divorce causes homosexuality.

I don't care what beliefs a private institution teaches. I care about my tax dollars going towards legislating a sexual morality that I may not even agree with.

Horseshit. You ignore 2000 years of executions, torture, imprisonment, calling homosexuality a mental disease, etc. This is the Religionists last desperate whimper of hate before they have to pretend that they weren't really behind it.

I ignore that. I'm not calling for any inhumane treatment based on sexuality. Your argument is a strawman.

Right. They gave them all the rights of married couples, without the name. And calling them "Marriage" and "Civil Unions" is just like having water fountains marked "White" and "Colored". White folks never got in trouble for drinking out of the colored fountain.

Really? So you're saying that we have clubs or restaurants or theaters or whatever discriminating based on sexuality? Your argument is extreme and unrealistic.

Oh, look, it's the "bestiality" argument. Are you seriously trying to make that with a straight face?

I had a professor make the case for bestial marriage. I can say this with a straight face.

But I'll grant you that the example may be extreme. However, I don't think that changing the definition of marriage should be done lightly. Gays have all of the rights that I have as a single heterosexual person. What about their sexual lifestyle warrants more rights than I currently have? F'ING NOTHING. That's what.

Given the fact Romney has flip-flopped on every issue from gay marriage to auto-bailouts, I don't think his word is worth the paper its written on.

Romney hasn't flip flopped on anything. Even Romneycare, he would not flip flop for the sake of appeasing conservatives.

BTW, Harry Reid is Mormon. Do you think he's getting his marching orders from the church? Of course he's not. Romney would be no different.

Well, you can debate it, but the fact is, 30% (of blacks) did vote against it (Prop 8). So they weren't walking in droves like zombies...

70 percent of blacks voted for Prop 8. By your own definition, that makes blacks "evil." And are you insinuating that Mormons are zombies? I guarantee you that that is far from the truth.

Last edited:

Try it some time.

Your sick ass cult will be gone in a hundred years... The world is growing less religious, not more.

I know you'd like that to be true. But thankfully it isn't. There is a spiritual awakening beginning now that will dwarf the Great Awakening movements that founded this nation.

Zion is going to be established soon. And you are more then welcome to join the movement.

Forum List

Back