I just converted to Mormonism....

Did you get the secret underwear before you announced it was a joke?

I think Christians need to know the differences between them and Mormons before they vote for Romney. Mormons are only Christians because they say they are christians. But they aren't following Jesus from 2000 years ago. They say he visited Joseph Smith in 1800 and they follow those teachings. Not the bible.

They say that when Jesus' apostles died, so did his authority. It wasn't passed down from generation to generation to where it exists in, for example, the Catholic Church. They say other Christians are following a man made corrupt religion. A cult. They are just too nice to say it. But why else did Joseph Smith start his own religion? Because God told him the existing ones were corrupt! And I actually agree with him.

So if I started a new religion and wrote a new bible with stuff Jesus told me, would any of you buy it? Would you consider me a Christian or a cult?

In the Mormon Church the authority has been passed down. They have apostles that are alive today that have that authority from God. Does the Catholic Church have this? No they do not. Does Jerry Falwell? No. Jesus' apostles around 100 a.d. did not pass it on and the Catholic Church was corrupt for over 1000 years and even today is evil and lets priests molest children.

This from wiki: Jesus leads the church through revelation and has chosen a single man, called "the Prophet" or President of the Church, as his spokesman on the earth. The current president is Thomas S. Monson. He and two counselors (who usually are ordained apostles) form the First Presidency, the presiding body of the church; twelve other apostles form the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. When a president dies, his successor is invariably the most senior member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles

If you want to know everything you need to know about Mormons, watch this hilarious South Park episode.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Gm6JYFdnD8]South park Mormon - YouTube[/ame]

The Mormon the merrier.

That sounds gay coming from a guy. :lol: Not that there is anything wrong with that.

But I am wondering how evangelicals and catholics are going to vote for a Mormon if they have a problem voting for a Jew, Muslim or non believer. It truly is a cult that was started in 1800 by a cult leader Joseph Smith. Sure they say they are christians but thats because he visited Joseph Smith in 1800.

They need to know what Mormons are all about. And I plan on educating them.

I think Christians need to know the differences between them and Mormons before they vote for Romney. Mormons are only Christians because they say they are christians. But they aren't following Jesus from 2000 years ago. They say he visited Joseph Smith in 1800 and they follow those teachings. Not the bible.

They say that when Jesus' apostles died, so did his authority. It wasn't passed down from generation to generation to where it exists in, for example, the Catholic Church. They say other Christians are following a man made corrupt religion. A cult. They are just too nice to say it. But why else did Joseph Smith start his own religion? Because God told him the existing ones were corrupt! And I actually agree with him.

So if I started a new religion and wrote a new bible with stuff Jesus told me, would any of you buy it? Would you consider me a Christian or a cult?

In the Mormon Church the authority has been passed down. They have apostles that are alive today that have that authority from God. Does the Catholic Church have this? No they do not. Does Jerry Falwell? No. Jesus' apostles around 100 a.d. did not pass it on and the Catholic Church was corrupt for over 1000 years and even today is evil and lets priests molest children.

This from wiki: Jesus leads the church through revelation and has chosen a single man, called "the Prophet" or President of the Church, as his spokesman on the earth. The current president is Thomas S. Monson. He and two counselors (who usually are ordained apostles) form the First Presidency, the presiding body of the church; twelve other apostles form the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. When a president dies, his successor is invariably the most senior member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles

Well, I'm an atheist, and don't care if Mormons are really Christian or not.

My problem with them is that their religion is a lie, and that they seem to not understand that there is a clear line drawn between Church and State called the First Amendment.

And they are all a bunch of creepy assholes.

The Mormon the merrier.

That sounds gay coming from a guy. :lol: Not that there is anything wrong with that.

But I am wondering how evangelicals and catholics are going to vote for a Mormon if they have a problem voting for a Jew, Muslim or non believer. It truly is a cult that was started in 1800 by a cult leader Joseph Smith. Sure they say they are christians but thats because he visited Joseph Smith in 1800.

They need to know what Mormons are all about. And I plan on educating them.

I think a lot of them will vote for Romney because they hate Obama so much they can't see straight. Romney could be up there in a leather jacket saying "Satan Rules" and they'd still vote for him.

My problem with them is that their religion is a lie, and that they seem to not understand that there is a clear line drawn between Church and State called the First Amendment.

If you're an atheist (which does not surprise me at all because you have the IQ of a peanut).... but, atheists would say that ALL religions are a lie. So why do you insist on ranting about Mormons only?

And... you are a creepy asshole too.

And thus we see your real agenda. You don't care about Mormonism. You're just an Obama loon trying to make Romney look bad in any way possible.

Perhaps you should learn that the Mormon church does good in the world instead of hating:

[youtube]JYvhCzKVsy0[/youtube]

And thus we see your real agenda. You don't care about Mormonism. You're just an Obama loon trying to make Romney look bad in any way possible.

Perhaps you should learn that the Mormon church does good in the world instead of hating:

]

Actually, i was perfectly willing to vote for gingirch, Santorum, Perry or Tim Pawlenty, if the GOP had the good sense to nominate one of them. Unfortunately, the Mormon Cult has hijacked the GOP, and I will be forced to either vote third party or probably just vote for Obama to make the point.

I really do care about Mormonism. I think it's an evil cult and a threat to our freedom.

Of course, there's a lot to hate about Romney even without the weird, creepy cult he belongs to. the slimy business practices, the flip flopping, the fact he likes to lay people off and torture dogs.

Last edited:
If you're an atheist (which does not surprise me at all because you have the IQ of a peanut).... but, atheists would say that ALL religions are a lie. So why do you insist on ranting about Mormons only?

And... you are a creepy asshole too.

I'm just having a hard time seeing how beliving in science and reason, as atheists do, is less intelligent than beliving there's a magic pixie in the sky who is going to torture you for all eternity if you have the wrong kind of sex or eat meat on Friday during lent.

But to the point, yes, I think Mormonism is a more evil lie than all the other religions.

Mostly because from day one, it was about Joseph Smith wanting to scam less smart people out of money and have sex with teenage girls....

That's your quote, not mine. Don't attribute your atheism to me. I don't want it, you can keep it to your lonesome.

Last edited:
Actually, i was perfectly willing to vote for gingirch, Santorum, Perry or Tim Pawlenty, if the GOP had the good sense to nominate one of them. Unfortunately, the Mormon Cult has hijacked the GOP, and I will be forced to either vote third party or probably just vote for Obama to make the point.

I really do care about Mormonism. I think it's an evil cult and a threat to our freedom.

Of course, there's a lot to hate about Romney even without the weird, creepy cult he belongs to. the slimy business practices, the flip flopping, the fact he likes to lay people off and torture dogs.

Right. What are these so called "evil cult" that Mormons are doing? How are they hijacking the GOP party? And don't give me ecclesiastical arguments. I don't want an atheist preaching to me their ecclesiastical nonsense. Just tell me in real terms how Mormons are supposed to be screwing up the world? Gimme some sort of actual supporting proof b/c so far you haven't and you've only spewed nonsensical hate.

Last edited:
Fixed...

Yes, no one realy thinks you are smart enough to think for yourself, so no danger there, guy. We all know you can't live without your magic sky man telling you what kind of sex to not have.

Right. What are these so called "evil cult" that Mormons are doing? How are they hijacking the GOP party? And don't give me ecclesiastical arguments. I don't want an atheist preaching to me their ecclesiastical nonsense. Just tell me in real terms how Mormons are supposed to be screwing up the world? Gimme some sort of actual supporting proof b/c so far you haven't and you've only spewed nonsensical hate.

Well, let's start with the easy one. Prop. 8. Even though Mormons only make up 2% of the population of California, 70% of the funds for Prop 8 campaigns came from LDS families outside California. Monson opened his mouth, and people emptied out their kids college funds.

In short, nothing in Prop 8 was going to make LDS have gay marriages or do gay marriages, but man, they didn't want any of the non-LDS doing gay marriage either.

Not to mention shoving Romney down the throats of GOP voters even though about 60% don't want the guy.

Forum List

Back