I Hope Obama Keeps Attacking Fox News

This is where a half-truth is very dangerous.

By calling out the lies of FOX News without calling out the lies of CNN, ABC, CBS, MSNBC, PBS etc, Obama gives the rest of the propagandists in media a free pass from supporters who have no clue that our entire media system is the largest propaganda machine in world history.

In fact, it's even more dangerous for those who are blind to our reality and have settled on Fox News as their chosen propaganda outlet. It entrenches them into further believeing FOX lies, and to further create a partisan divide in our troubled nation.

Reality is that no matter what you listen to or believe, we can all recognize that this was a calculated move by the White House. Therefore, we can all recognize that there is a calculated effort under way to divide us and to create upset.

When our own government leadership is creating intentional divide while stirring up anger and upset, it is clear that we are in for uncertain days ahead as the calculated results of these activities are played upon.

The question that each of us needs to answer is "Are we going to allow ourselves to be played?"

Or, are we going to decide that we will not be played or manipulated, and we seek to understand the motives and to work against division instead of being played into it.

Obama "attacking" FOX?

Hardly.

Correcting faux "news reporting" and at times outright falsehoods?

Verily, yea.

What do you mean they don't want to play nice?...There's a vast difference between the likes of Chris Wallace or Carl Cameron and Beck or Hannity. In fact, Boyking did a sit-down with O'Reilly during the campaign.

But hey....I'm all for him continuing on the path he's following, it makes him look like the petty, craven little wuss that he is.

He did sit down with OReilly. It was a better deal for OReilly than it was for Obama tho. Obama was reaching out.

I can't stomach Chris Wallace either. No idea who Carl Cameron is, I don't watch Fox, I never have.

and yet you have a rock solid unshakable opinion! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

How long does one need to sit in front of the tv watching Faux News before we're allowed to have an opinion?

Hint: It really doesn't take long.. That so called news channel is pretty easy to figure out.

You wouldn't be saying that garbage if Shrubbie and his neoconettes went out after the NY Times or CBS.

In fact, I bet a dollar to a dog turd that you'd be wetting your pants about it.

Where were you in 2005?

There is a chain of events that led to the "War on Fox News".

Obama won a No-Bell Piece Prize and everyone asked 'What has he done?'.

Then SNL airs a skit asking why Obama hasn't done anything.

Obama can't blame the Senate, he has a filibuster proof majority.

He can't blame the House...there's a super-majority there too.

He can't blame the majority of the public that oppose his agenda...that would be acknowledging the one fact he must ignore at all cost.

And he certainly can't take the blame himself...his super inflated ego won't allow that.

So who is left for Obama to blame?

Well FoxNews of course...it's all their fault...:lol:.

Adding to that... he's gonna need a goat to pin all his failures on when this health scare bill blows up in his face. Rasmussen has him at 54% against it today. So, nothing he's done so far has moved his numbers in a positive way and that INCLUDES the bump in popularity they might have expected from the NPP.

What's flabbergasting about the whole thing is that they keep trying one stupid thing after another, and NOTHING EVER WORKS. It's like a psychotically long episode of Pinky and the Brain.....

images

Rahm: Gee, Barry. What are we going to do tonight?
The Barry: The same thing we do every night, Rahm. Try to take over THE WORLD.

:cuckoo: ....:lol::lol::lol:

It'd be fun to watch... well, yeah, let's be honest... it IS fun to watch. :popcorn:
But kind of pathetic too, like an America's Funniest video where some bicyclist racks himself.

Last edited:
Obie isn't attacking Fox News, he's just putting them in their place. In a sort of irrelevant yet shrill pigeon hole where they belong.

This administration isn't taking anymore shit from Fox News. I like that.

Ya..that's good...we don't need anyone questioning The Barry and his country saving agenda...how DARE they usurp THE BARRY!!!!

Obama must have played WHACK-A-MOLE alot at Ala Moana Shopping Center.

at any rate...the more Obama attacks the media, the more he will lose them and those of you who encourage the Administration to stifle the media are dead wrong on this. Then again your just following the weeks marching orders as set down by the DNC.:lol: :lol:

I hope so too and so does Fox News. Their ratings are up a staggering 25% so far this year. WTG Hopey Changey! :)

Wow all good points, but don't ya think instead of attacking the media our President might want to do what we elected him for ?

Maybe he could work a bit harder on Afghanistan

Work a bitter harder trying to fix the economy

work a bit harder getting us out of Iraq

Well lets just make it easy, he could work a little bit on the promises he made that got him in office :eek:

Obie isn't attacking Fox News, he's just putting them in their place. In a sort of irrelevant yet shrill pigeon hole where they belong.

This administration isn't taking anymore shit from Fox News. I like that.
Riiiight....Attacking the media worked sooooo well for Nixon, didn't it? :rolleyes:

Actually, it did...He won reelection in 1972, partially because he gave the perception (to the Right Wing, pro-war crowd) that the media was just making stuff up about him.

And then the tapes came out.......:eusa_whistle:

Obama and his Obama-Run Mainstream Media hate Fox News and that only makes me like Fox News more. So keep up the good work Hopey Changey. :)

By voting for Obama, you've given a filibuster-proof majority to one party until at least January 2011. Sure there are politicians fighting with each other, but it doesn't make any difference whatsoever because the Democrats have the votes and they know it.

And they're still getting nothing done. Pelosi promised a health care bill before August recess, now they can't even get the watered down bill to a floor vote.

Contrast this to early 2000s when GOP Congress and W were giving us No Child, medicare drug, and massive gov't expansion. McCain was a lot like W - another Repub who's afraid of looking "mean", and therefore goes along with a big gov't agenda. Remember how Mac kept praising himself for making bills with Russ Feingold and Ted Kennedy?

Clinton was a weak pres, Obama is looking even weaker, especially with the Fox News silliness. When Congress calls the shots, nothing happens in Washington. If O wins in 2012, budget might almost be balanced by 2015.

Wow all good points, but don't ya think instead of attacking the media our President might want to do what we elected him for ?

Well lets just make it easy, he could work a little bit on the promises he made that got him in office :eek:

Like I said earlier, this issue with FOX News makes it clear that the White House has an agenda to divide us along ideological lines. That should be proof positive to everyone who still believes that we have two parties that the White House isn't looking out for anyone's best interest except it's own.

Regardless of what any pundit or other person might say about the motive behind the statement, there is only one reason that the White House would issue a comment that pits both sides of the aisle against each other: It needs a distraction that hat the media will run with and that partisans will follow like dogs at a track.

The question for those folks who place themselves inside partisan ideological boxes should be "At what point am I going to stop being led around by the media and/or the White House? Since reality has no boxes, when am I going to step back and look at the big picture as one single entity, rather than as something that the media has formed into separate boxes and convinced me that these separations are real?"

The fact is that there is only one reality. If you have assigned yourself to a camp, and you have a world view that places current realities into separate political or partisan boxes, somebody has successfully molded your perspective in order to perpetuate an agenda.

Interesting perspective:

"Last week, when White House communications director Anita Dunn charged the Fox News Channel with right-wing bias, Fox responded the way it always does. It denied the accusation with a straight face while proceeding to confirm it with its coverage.

Take a look at Fox's own Web story on the episode. It begins by quoting a Fox News senior vice president named Michael Clemente, who says: "It's astounding the White House cannot distinguish between news and opinion programming. It seems self-serving on their part." Then it quotes David Gergen, the gravelly voice of Washington's conventional wisdom, who says the attack diminishes President Obama and works to Fox's benefit. Then we hear from Tony Blankley, Newt Gingrich's former press secretary and a frequent Fox contributor, who agrees that criticizing Fox makes no sense: "Fox has an audience of not just conservatives. They've got liberals and moderates who watch too." Then a White House correspondent for Politico echoes the claim that the controversy will boost Fox's ratings. Then comes an old quote from Fox anchor Chris Wallace, who calls Obama's team "the biggest bunch of crybabies I have dealt with in my 30 years in Washington." Then the story's anonymous author cites a joke Obama made at the White House Correspondents Dinner as evidence "that Fox News has gotten under his skin." Finally, the piece cites a Pew study that suggested that while Fox was equally negative about John McCain and Obama during the last six weeks of the 2008 campaign, CNN was more negative about McCain.

Let's do a quick study of our own. Five people are quoted in this article. Two of them work for Fox. All of them assert that administration officials are either wrong in substance or politically foolish to criticize the network. No one is cited supporting Dunn's criticisms or saying that it could make sense, morally or politically, for Obama to challenge the network's power. It's a textbook example of a biased news story."

Obama's right. It's time to stop taking Fox's skewed news seriously. - By Jacob Weisberg - Slate Magazine

FOX NEWS doesn't have a vested interest in the USA. Its owner was born elsewhere. FOX has a vested interest in making money...and it does a good job, millions of morons watch it.

As frustration with Obama's lack of progress and broken promises grows, many will seek sources like Fox News. Pointing out who you feel is your biggest opposition creates a rallying effect. The only thing liberals seem to be in agreement on is a hatred of one cable news channel. They can't even stop that. There is a lesson to be learned here.

Interesting perspective:

"Last week, when White House communications director Anita Dunn charged the Fox News Channel with right-wing bias, Fox responded the way it always does. It denied the accusation with a straight face while proceeding to confirm it with its coverage.

Take a look at Fox's own Web story on the episode. It begins by quoting a Fox News senior vice president named Michael Clemente, who says: "It's astounding the White House cannot distinguish between news and opinion programming. It seems self-serving on their part." Then it quotes David Gergen, the gravelly voice of Washington's conventional wisdom, who says the attack diminishes President Obama and works to Fox's benefit. Then we hear from Tony Blankley, Newt Gingrich's former press secretary and a frequent Fox contributor, who agrees that criticizing Fox makes no sense: "Fox has an audience of not just conservatives. They've got liberals and moderates who watch too." Then a White House correspondent for Politico echoes the claim that the controversy will boost Fox's ratings. Then comes an old quote from Fox anchor Chris Wallace, who calls Obama's team "the biggest bunch of crybabies I have dealt with in my 30 years in Washington." Then the story's anonymous author cites a joke Obama made at the White House Correspondents Dinner as evidence "that Fox News has gotten under his skin." Finally, the piece cites a Pew study that suggested that while Fox was equally negative about John McCain and Obama during the last six weeks of the 2008 campaign, CNN was more negative about McCain.

Let's do a quick study of our own. Five people are quoted in this article. Two of them work for Fox. All of them assert that administration officials are either wrong in substance or politically foolish to criticize the network. No one is cited supporting Dunn's criticisms or saying that it could make sense, morally or politically, for Obama to challenge the network's power. It's a textbook example of a biased news story."

Obama's right. It's time to stop taking Fox's skewed news seriously. - By Jacob Weisberg - Slate Magazine

You missed this:
"It's astounding the White House cannot distinguish between news and opinion programming. It seems self-serving on their part."

And apparently it's a problem you and all other libtards share. There's a difference between NEWS and OPINION programming.

The piece you offer is an OPINION. And you're too stupid to know it.

By attacking FOX News, Mr. Obama is insulting ( once again ) the American people. He's insulting our intelligence with his Chicago-style hardball politics!

Keep it up Mr. O ... you're only digging your hole deeper.

Perhaps his attack on FOX News is to take the attention away from the fact that he's not doing anything.

Forum List

Back