I hope Dallas wins the NBA championship

Discussion in 'Sports' started by High_Gravity, Jun 10, 2011.

1. High_Gravity

High_Gravity Belligerent Drunk Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,726
    Dallas is up 3-2 and I hope they close this out in 6 down in Miami, I can't stand Lebron and I really think he does not deserve to win an NBA championship, he hasn't really done anything in this series anyways and Dirk has been playing fantastic, in my opinion Dirk should have gotten the MVP not Derrick Rose.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. kiwiman127

kiwiman127 Comfortably Moderate Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    4th Cleanest City in the World-Minneapolis
    Ratings:
    +3,850
    As a basketball nutjob, I agree 100%.
    I always love it when a team tries to buy a championship and falls to a team that was built over the years.
    Miami has the stars and plays like it but Dallas has the team and plats like a team. And so far that has been the difference.
    Go Dallas!

3. High_Gravity

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,726
    I don't think the Miami Heat team looks right to be honest, they have no center, Mike Bibby is washed up and finished, their bench is pathetic and Eric Spoelstra looks like a used care salesman. The only reason this time has gotten this far is riding the backs of their 2 superstars, Lebron and Wade, even if the Miami Heat team does pull this off and win do players like Mike Miller, Juwan Howard, Zydrunas Ilgauskas and Mike Bibby actually deserve to get a championship ring riding the backs of star players? in my opinion the Mavericks are the better team and their players actually pull their own weight, and Dirk doesn't pull a disapearing act when the stakes are high. If Lebron was really better than Michael Jordan like people are saying Miami should have already ended this series look at whos guarding him, a 38 year old Jason Kidd and Shawn Marion? really? Michael Jordan in his prime would average 45 PPG for the series if those were the guys D'ing him up.

4. random3434

random3434 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,194
    I can't wait to see what Mark Cuban does after Dallas wins it all! :lol:

5. High_Gravity

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,726
    Mark Cuban is the best owner in sports, the irony of this is Cuban contacted Lebron to try and get him to join Dallas last summer, I bet Lebron wishes he took him up on that offer.

6. Warrior102

Warrior102 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,029
    I don't follow hockey, so I'll take your word for it Dallas should win... :)

7. kiwiman127

kiwiman127 Comfortably Moderate Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    4th Cleanest City in the World-Minneapolis
    Ratings:
    +3,850
    Now call me crazy, but I have an idea that he'll end his silence.
    I like Cuban, he is super passionate about his team, he's like an obsessed fan and that's because he his. For most owners it's about their ego and the bottom-line. For Cuban it's all about the team, the players and the FANS!

Last edited: Jun 10, 2011
  8. spectrumc01

spectrumc01 I give you....the TRUTH

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +260
    This year the Miami Heat have put the final nail in the coffin of the NBA. Pro basketball now is just like Pro Baseball. Whoever has the most money wins. Too many games makes each game less important, All the talent going to the same team in order to win championships has destroyed the "competition of the game". How sad, Highschool Basketball is the only basketball worth watching now.

I hate the Heat just because of that. Go Dallas.

9. random3434

random3434 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,194
    Yeah, he's from Indiana and went to I.U. (Where I graduated from) so I have a 'soft spot' for him. He made his billions by a computer site where people could watch college basketball games, etc. on-line that they couldn't get on t.v. His roommate and he moved to Texas after graduation from IU and were mad they couldn't get the IU Basketball games on t.v. there. So they came up with that idea, got bought out and......well you know the rest!

(This was during the Bobby Knight era too lol)

10. Wiseacre

Wiseacre Retired USAF Chief Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,194

They said that the last time Dallas was up against Miami and then they folded. I really like Nowitzski, what a warrior. Jason Terry is a butthole, gotta take the good with the bad tho.