I hear VZ is a good buy right now

You sound like a teenager.

So, you are not willing to back up your words.

Why is that? You are more than happy to insult people but ran from the chance to stand up for your words.

So, you are not willing to back up your words.

Why is that? You are more than happy to insult people but ran from the chance to stand up for your words.
Can you offer up an example of you adding to any discussion in this forum? I've not seen it.

Not saying you haven't, just saying I've not seen it.

Can you offer up an example of you adding to any discussion in this forum? I've not seen it.

Not saying you haven't, just saying I've not seen it.

"Adding to a discussion" is purely an opinion based thing. There is no way to quantify such a thing.

The stocks are just the opposite, which I guess is why you are scared to do this.

"Adding to a discussion" is purely an opinion based thing. There is no way to quantify such a thing.

The stocks are just the opposite, which I guess is why you are scared to do this.
I'm asking if you have ever contributed something actionable, relevant, or useful. I can't recall a single instance.

I'm asking if you have ever contributed something actionable, relevant, or useful.

All of which are based upon the eye of the beholder, purely opinion.

Stocks are hard cold numbers, which seems to be why you are running so fast to avoid finding to who knows more about stocks.

All of which are based upon the eye of the beholder, purely opinion.

Stocks are hard cold numbers, which seems to be why you are running so fast to avoid finding to who knows more about stocks.
So you haven't. Got it.

And what you said is a giant contradiction of an answer.

:itsok:

So you haven't. Got it.

And what you said is a giant contradiction of an answer.

:itsok:

Run along and play now.

In 6 months I will bring this back up and see which has done better.

I own both VZ and T. I have for years, the dividends are solid on both. Yeah, I wouldn't buy ATT for the growth in
the stock, but they are consistent with the dividends
Buying both right now is an easy profit.

Run along and play now.

In 6 months I will bring this back up and see which has done better.
Do you think you're going to have done better off of your $500 investment than if someone put in say $50K and got 33%?

I tell ya wut: Your numbers are gonna be smaller, brah.

Do you think you're going to have done better off of your $500 investment than if someone put in say $50K and got 33%?

I tell ya wut: Your numbers are gonna be smaller, brah.

I bet my money grows more. Besides, there is no way that loser have 50 grand to put into one stock

I bet my money grows more. Besides, there is no way that loser have 50 grand to put into one stock
You really are showing yourself to be a complete dumbass, and I've not even called you out for it.

That answer you gave me earlier when I asked if you have ever contributed to this forum confirmed it.

You really are showing yourself to be a complete dumbass, and I've not even called you out for it.

That answer you gave me earlier when I asked if you have ever contributed to this forum confirmed it.
He's retiring soon. I wish him the best of luck with that.

What if he does though? I would if I was you. (and looking at retiring like you say you are)

Last edited:
There is a perpetually winning investment strategy that looks at an indicator called "Odd Lot Sales". Those are purchases of stock in odd-lots, that is any purchase of fewer than 10,000 shares.

Large and corporate Investors purchase shares in lots of 10,000 shares and get a discount For doing so.

Small investors buy stocks in smaller amounts of broken up lots.

It is always assumed that small investors are clueless and any stock being purchased consistently in odd lots is considered a bad deal.

What if he does though? I would if I was you. (and looking at retiring like you say you are)

What if he does? Then he does, but since he will not even say how many shares he bought, we will never know.

It is possible that my 401k has some or my wife's TSP, but I would not buy it for my own portfolio.

He's retiring soon. I wish him the best of luck with that.

Thanks. Between SS and pensions we will have between 7 and 8 grand coming in a month plus my 401k and my wife's TSP.

If we cannot retire on more than the average American makes working, then shame on us.

The stock is way down, as are all telecom stocks, questions about lead cabling, and costly replacement. My stock guy said to load up.

Just because a stock is way down, doesn't mean it can't go lower. There is a lot of competition in this sector, AT&T is down even more.

I would be looking more toward medical equipment

Forum List

Back