I have two bones to pick with you guys. One for the left and one on the right.

I'm asking where the outrage is on the national level, from some of those theological talking heads that like to spout off about almost anything.

Where was their outrage?

I respect your service and breadth of interaction with other cultures. But on this subject I believe you to be wrong. Like many of the Muslims that twist their faith, Mr Phelps has done the same. They are however not equals when it comes to their crimes. The vile man that considers himself to be a man of god has mostly worked within the laws of the land. His filth is protected by our constitution. Muslims who have twisted their religion however have no regard for our laws nor our lives. To equate the two is not just a stretch but despicable. One violates decency while the other violates humanity.

No regard for our laws or our lives? How many moderate Muslims currently residing here in America have killed citizens? Don't forget, the OK City bombing was done by a good Christian (although he was a fanatic).

BTW..........there are actually 2 different jihads, the "greater" which is a struggle with ones self about how to live in accordance with their theology, and the "lesser" jihad is the struggle that you have with others in the word. Interestingly enough, the lesser jihad is supposed to be defense only.

However........with the way the fear mongers have gone at it, we equate both jihads to being the same thing.

A good place to start educating yourself on Islam is some of the History Channel's programs, as well as a place on the internet called Sacred Texts Archive, which has just about every religion listed in it's website, and they are all scholarly papers written by experts.

McVeigh was an agnostic.

In June, 2001, a day before the execution, McVeigh wrote a letter to the Buffalo News identifying as agnostic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_McVeigh

Last edited:
I respect your service and breadth of interaction with other cultures. But on this subject I believe you to be wrong. Like many of the Muslims that twist their faith, Mr Phelps has done the same. They are however not equals when it comes to their crimes. The vile man that considers himself to be a man of god has mostly worked within the laws of the land. His filth is protected by our constitution. Muslims who have twisted their religion however have no regard for our laws nor our lives. To equate the two is not just a stretch but despicable. One violates decency while the other violates humanity.

No regard for our laws or our lives? How many moderate Muslims currently residing here in America have killed citizens? Don't forget, the OK City bombing was done by a good Christian (although he was a fanatic).

BTW..........there are actually 2 different jihads, the "greater" which is a struggle with ones self about how to live in accordance with their theology, and the "lesser" jihad is the struggle that you have with others in the word. Interestingly enough, the lesser jihad is supposed to be defense only.

However........with the way the fear mongers have gone at it, we equate both jihads to being the same thing.

A good place to start educating yourself on Islam is some of the History Channel's programs, as well as a place on the internet called Sacred Texts Archive, which has just about every religion listed in it's website, and they are all scholarly papers written by experts.

McVeigh was an agnostic.
He was.

Interesting the stretching some will do to ensconce thier position? (With Criminals no less)?

McVeigh was an agnostic.
He was.

Interesting the stretching some will do to ensconce thier position? (With Criminals no less)?

They are ignorant.

No.........matter of fact, the Taliban is like the Westboro Baptist Church, or even Rick Santorum's version of Christianity.

Mainstream Muslims are just like mainstream Christians, decent people if you give them a chance.

But then again...........probably unlike you, I actually spent time around them in the Middle East.
Mainstream Muslims were not helping their image by so many of them and their leaders not getting on the Radicals out there when all this was getting out of hand by the violence perpetrated by these guys and the things they were saying about non-Muslims.....it was making people wonder,if push came to shove....who's side are you on?....especially,those living in the West.....so the Main streamers silence has not helped on how they were looked at by everyone else.........

Just out of curiosity, where was the outrage from the leaders of the Chrisitan right when Westboro started up?

To tell the truth, their silence is kinda defening as well.
when Westboro was starting up as you call it....it was probably a local event not known by anyone but those were they were at,until they started getting some national coverage which i believe was in '98.....a bombing by Radical Muslims that kills 50-60 people at a market Square will get more than just local coverage.....protesting at a funeral may not get the headlines that a bomb killing 50 in a market place in the Middle East or some other local may get.....big difference....Protesting Funerals....vs.....Bombing that kills dozens....one group just looks like they have no fucking class the other has no fucking soul and are murdering bastards.....

I'm asking where the outrage is on the national level, from some of those theological talking heads that like to spout off about almost anything.

Where was their outrage?

Two points.

Tim was not a Christian and has no relevance to this conversation.

Second, were not talking about moderate anything. The conversation, as twisted by you, is about extreme religion.

Stay focused.

McVeigh was a registered Republican when he lived in Buffalo, New York in the 1980s, and had a membership in the National Rifle Association while in the military.[82] McVeigh was raised Roman Catholic.[83] During his childhood, he and his father attended Mass regularly.[84] McVeigh was confirmed at the Good Shepherd Church in Pendleton, New York, in 1985.[85] In a 1996 interview, McVeigh professed belief in "a God", although he said he had "sort of lost touch with" Catholicism and "I never really picked it up, however I do maintain core beliefs."[83] In the 2001 book American Terrorist, McVeigh stated that he did not believe in Hell and that science is his religion.[86][87] In June, 2001, a day before the execution, McVeigh wrote a letter to the Buffalo News identifying as agnostic.[88] Before his execution, McVeigh took the Catholic sacrament of the Anointing of the Sick.[89]

McVeigh claimed that the bombing was revenge for "what the U.S. government did at Waco and Ruby Ridge."[90] McVeigh visited Waco during the standoff, where he spoke to a news reporter about his anger over what was happening there.[82]

Timothy McVeigh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For those who didn't know Rev Phelps got his start in Topeka Kansas in the late 80's early 90's protesting gay behavior in Gage park, which was Topekas zoo. His original intent was good as the park, always full of children, was the place for gays to meet and solicit each other in Topeka.

I'm not making judgements about others either, just giving you facts.

For those who didn't know Rev Phelps got his start in Topeka Kansas in the late 80's early 90's protesting gay behavior in Gage park, which was Topekas zoo. His original intent was good as the park, always full of children, was the place for gays to meet and solicit each other in Topeka.

I'm not making judgements about others either, just giving you facts.
Phelps is an intolerant nutbag that gives religion a bad name.

McVeigh was a registered Republican when he lived in Buffalo, New York in the 1980s, and had a membership in the National Rifle Association while in the military.[82] McVeigh was raised Roman Catholic.[83] During his childhood, he and his father attended Mass regularly.[84] McVeigh was confirmed at the Good Shepherd Church in Pendleton, New York, in 1985.[85] In a 1996 interview, McVeigh professed belief in "a God", although he said he had "sort of lost touch with" Catholicism and "I never really picked it up, however I do maintain core beliefs."[83] In the 2001 book American Terrorist, McVeigh stated that he did not believe in Hell and that science is his religion.[86][87] In June, 2001, a day before the execution, McVeigh wrote a letter to the Buffalo News identifying as agnostic.[88] Before his execution, McVeigh took the Catholic sacrament of the Anointing of the Sick.[89]

McVeigh claimed that the bombing was revenge for "what the U.S. government did at Waco and Ruby Ridge."[90] McVeigh visited Waco during the standoff, where he spoke to a news reporter about his anger over what was happening there.[82]

Reread your quote.

I never picked it up.....

Translates to I DON'T BELIEVE THIS CRAP.

Or stretch it to believe what ever you want. I think we all know what you'll do and what you'll take from it.

No.........matter of fact, the Taliban is like the Westboro Baptist Church, or even Rick Santorum's version of Christianity.

Mainstream Muslims are just like mainstream Christians, decent people if you give them a chance.

But then again...........probably unlike you, I actually spent time around them in the Middle East.
Mainstream Muslims were not helping their image by so many of them and their leaders not getting on the Radicals out there when all this was getting out of hand by the violence perpetrated by these guys and the things they were saying about non-Muslims.....it was making people wonder,if push came to shove....who's side are you on?....especially,those living in the West.....so the Main streamers silence has not helped on how they were looked at by everyone else.........

There are over a billion muslims. Supposedly only 10% of them are radaical. What's 10% of a billion? Get the picture. That's one hell of a lot. 100,000,000 More than the population of most of our states, and the combined population of several. Think about it. Most people have the picture of a tiny miniscule group of people who are 'radical islam.' But this is not a tiny group. They walk among us. They post among us.

my point still stands......if you dont pull out or control the weeds in your garden....then the weeds will take over....and there is nothing sadder then to see Flowers to scared to bloom....because of the weeds....

There are over a billion muslims. Supposedly only 10% of them are radaical. What's 10% of a billion? Get the picture. That's one hell of a lot. 100,000,000 More than the population of most of our states, and the combined population of several. Think about it. Most people have the picture of a tiny miniscule group of people who are 'radical islam.' But this is not a tiny group. They walk among us. They post among us.

my point still stands......if you dont pull out or control the weeds in your garden....then the weeds will take over....and there is nothing sadder then to see Flowers to scared to bloom....because of the weeds....
The weeds are already taking over...the main propagstor is Obama...HE will be weeded out this year.

scared flowers?:confused:
Weeds? U talking about hemp? :eusa_eh:

Reread your quote.

I never picked it up.....

Translates to I DON'T BELIEVE THIS CRAP.

Or stretch it to believe what ever you want. I think we all know what you'll do and what you'll take from it.

Believe what you will. The wiki link has live source links (references) from credible sources.

Welcome to the "Grampa is fucking nuts" thread. It's where "I" get my ass handed to me while others talk about sacred flowers and skate off scott free. Lol

Welcome to the "Grampa is fucking nuts" thread. It's where "I" get my ass handed to me while others talk about sacred flowers and skate off scott free. Lol
Let's NOT go that far old top...YOu aren't that crazy.

Sorry you sold your services. The rest was just fringe benefits. Just because you didn't fell like you got paid what the job was worth doesn't mean you gave anything. You were offered the job and you accepted it. People I work with who think like you cause us all to have to deal with a lot of grief from our patients. No one is fooled. They all knew we get paid, but there are those who want to make the work think they are doing look like charity work which it is not. So when a patient looks me in the eye and says, 'you don't care about me, you are just here for the money, I resopnd, 'I wouldn't be here if I didn't get a paycheck. But I have good skills which I have honed over the years. You can take advantage of that or not. Either way it won't affect what I take home in my paycheck.' They generally come around. For a paid worker to try and convince someone they are doing charity work is stupid.

I had always planned to use my skills to volunteer when I retire. But then, I didn't anticipate getting a $100K/year illness. Or being as sick and tired at the end of the day as I am.

Sunshine....EVERYONE who has a job is selling their services unless they do it for nothing.....and if you notice not once in what i said did i say i was disappointed in what i was paid or benefits i received.........my injuries and Weather conditions are all part of the life of a Letter Carrier....i GAVE my body ....and they paid for the injuries....and when im done....then its my turn to receive and their turn to give.....

Your employer covers those injuries...worker's comp...health insurance....you GAVE nothing. LOL. You could get a dog bite. I could have gotten a needle stick in my days of staff nursing and died of AIDS, or could still get assaulted by a patient and be disabled for life, but that is still covered as much as it can be by my employer. When I did get stabbed by a patient, I didn't go around playing the martyr and whining 'I GAVE my body to this job. Sniff. Sniff.' You sound silly. Change your MO.

thats right.....they give every fucking day im on the job.....but so do i.....and like i said....pretty soon i wont be giving them shit....but they will still be giving to me....and i can see why Gramps and few other people here think your a bitch.....geezus Christ go smoke a joint or something....Sunshine my ass.....more like Acid Rain.....

Last edited:

Just out of curiosity, where was the outrage from the leaders of the Chrisitan right when Westboro started up?

To tell the truth, their silence is kinda defening as well.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0ZXxnl4lIk&feature=related]Westboro Baptist Church Meets Its Match - Fox News Video - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back