I have two bones to pick with you guys. One for the left and one on the right.

We'll start with the left.

All the hate and mockery topics about Santorum and his religious beliefs. You scream about tolerance in all areas until a devout Christian speaks his mind. He has made it clear they are his beliefs and that is the extent of it. But you all post hate topics non stop. I'm not a believer but I am of the mind that to each his own. Many of you on the other hand can't seem to grasp the hypocrisy of your positions.

Now the right....

We have both soldiers and captives (in Egypt) in harms way. Yet many of you are all to happy to jump on the Obama is a fuck up bandwagon and critique or even slam the way he is dealing with the holy book situation. Lives are at stake and NO ONE knows if the way he is handling it may end up saving lives or torture of captives. We have plenty of reasons to want Obama out and this isn't one of them.

Playing in the mud can be fun on here but to me both of these issues are over the top when they are addressed in such a frivolous manner.

First topic.. why are you so surpirsed? didn't you observe the way they treated TIm Tebow?

Second topic.. we know because the death toll keeps mounting and they keep rioting. thanks for asking.

GP, these are admirable thoughts. As to your first one: Truer words were never spoken. There are people on these forums who will prop up killers of Americans and spit on the graves of our soldiers who served to give them their freedom. They are the most intolerant people in America today.

As to your second one: Not sure why it took me so long to figure this one out. I could never grasp why Obama never stood out more as an American on these issues. It is his own puny ass he is trying to save. Whether he is muslim or not, he knows that he could end up screwed, chewed, and barbequed by peaceful islam. THAT is the one he is trying to avoid by making what he perceives to be the right noises. Your children or mine mean nothing to him. He, as well as I, knows there are NO right noises to make with them. They hate us and they want us dead. All of us.

Let's be clear, I can not stand Obamas agenda. Now to the real deal, the part THAT ACTUALLY MATTERS. Nearly two years ago my youngest daughter joined the army. I DO NOT believe that Obamas reaction to this situation is putting any of our soldiers in danger. Obama has by now solidified what people think of him be they American or not. A tempered reaction can do nothing but help in my opinion. He can most certainly lash out about the Americans killed but to be callous about such a touchy issue when we still have Americans at risk? Now to me THAT would be a deriliction of duty.

Sorry for the crappy spelling.

So you think if will save your dauighter's life if Obama apologizes to enough muslims? Classic.

How did you interpret that from my post? I was simply trying to point out that Obamas decisions can have personal impacts. The lives I've been referring to all along are the innocent ones being held captive in Egypt.

Whatever perceived damage Obama has done to our reputation has been done. Iran is calling our bluff. Iraq told us to get lost. Afghanistan is demanding our soldiers for trial. So what the hell is an apology going to effect?

Let's be clear, I can not stand Obamas agenda. Now to the real deal, the part THAT ACTUALLY MATTERS. Nearly two years ago my youngest daughter joined the army. I DO NOT believe that Obamas reaction to this situation is putting any of our soldiers in danger. Obama has by now solidified what people think of him be they American or not. A tempered reaction can do nothing but help in my opinion. He can most certainly lash out about the Americans killed but to be callous about such a touchy issue when we still have Americans at risk? Now to me THAT would be a deriliction of duty.

Sorry for the crappy spelling.

So you think if will save your dauighter's life if Obama apologizes to enough muslims? Classic.

How did you interpret that from my post? I was simply trying to point out that Obamas decisions can have personal impacts. The lives I've been referring to all along are the innocent ones being held captive in Egypt.

Whatever perceived damage Obama has done to our reputation has been done. Iran is calling our bluff. Iraq told us to get lost. Afghanistan is demanding our soldiers for trial. So what the hell is an apology going to effect?

So, because Obama's decisions have "personal impacts" everyone in the US should give up their right to free speech? Classic.

All the hate and mockery topics about Santorum and his religious beliefs. You scream about tolerance in all areas until a devout Christian speaks his mind. He has made it clear they are his beliefs and that is the extent of it. But you all post hate topics non stop. I'm not a believer but I am of the mind that to each his own. Many of you on the other hand can't seem to grasp the hypocrisy of your positions.

Now the right....

We have both soldiers and captives (in Egypt) in harms way. Yet many of you are all to happy to jump on the Obama is a fuck up bandwagon and critique or even slam the way he is dealing with the holy book situation. Lives are at stake and NO ONE knows if the way he is handling it may end up saving lives or torture of captives. We have plenty of reasons to want Obama out and this isn't one of them.

Playing in the mud can be fun on here but to me both of these issues are over the top when they are addressed in such a frivolous manner.

First topic.. why are you so surpirsed? didn't you observe the way they treated TIm Tebow?

Second topic.. we know because the death toll keeps mounting and they keep rioting. thanks for asking.

The death toll is rising because they are fanatics. Obama tried to mitigate the response. I don't see the problem. Beyond the stupidity of burning the lifeline of a bunch of fucking lunatics.

We tried to elevate the culture of this board.

You saw how far it went.

Members here are human, all too human. Maybe someone will be a bit more adult for a second after reading this. But I am not holding my breath

You mean like, how many went to kindergarten and how many went to college? Or how many work and how many live off welfare. Or how many are posting from the prison library?

Now the right....

The death toll is rising because they are fanatics. Obama tried to mitigate the response. I don't see the problem. Beyond the stupidity of burning the lifeline of a bunch of fucking lunatics.

The fanatics are winning the PR war.. They don't understand apology.. They understand beheading and stoning. As someone on the TV put it the other night "We live in different centuries."

So, because Obama's decisions have "personal impacts" everyone in the US should give up their right to free speech? Classic.

Is critical thought a crime too?

Jesus, I never mentioned that people shouldn't speak their minds. I expressed my rights by speaking mine saying I thought they were wrong.

Everything in life is not black and white you know.

Now the right....

My eyes just can't focus on your posts. You don't back anything up with facts. You don't use links. And the stuff you say is both juvenile and ridiculous. But remember, your inanity is protected by "free speech".

The fanatics are winning the PR war.. They don't understand apology.. They understand beheading and stoning. As someone on the TV put it the other night "We live in different centuries."

You are absolutely right. But we don't need to succumb to their fanaticism or level of thinking.

Jesus, I never mentioned that people shouldn't speak their minds. I expressed my rights by speaking mine saying I thought they were wrong.

You brought it up. And you made it personal. One child, yours mine, or someone else's in the military isn't a reason for us all to shut up and crawl under the bed. He is apologizing to heathens and thugs. For nothing. They are barbarians and they will overrun this civilization like they have overrun civilizations in the past. They will kill those people in Egypt and we all know it. He is powerless. He is Jimmy Carter wringing his hands. He is pathetic. My giving up my rights will not make him effective. Get over it.

BTW: Perhpas you should counsel those you love on making safer career choices.

Last edited:

Now the right....

My eyes just can't focus on your posts. You don't back anything up with facts. You don't use links. And the stuff you say is both juvenile and ridiculous. But remember, your inanity is protected by "free speech".

You're a fucking idiot. How the hell am I supposed to give you a link to MY OPINIONS?!?

And please point out the juvenile part of my OP.

You brought it up. And you made it personal. One child, yours mine, or someone else's in the military isn't a reason for us all to shut up and crawl under the bed. He is apologizing to heathens and thugs. For nothing. They are barbarians and they will overrun this civilization like they have overrun civilizations in the past. They will kill those people in Egypt and we all know it. He is powerless. He is Jimmy Carter wringing his hands. He is pathetic. My giving up my rights will not make him effective. Get over it.

I have posted on this subject ALL DAY. Only once did I mention my child. I did it as a way to show I'm not detached from things. You took it wrong and as such are running with it. Whatever

And for the record my daughter had a desire to SERVE HER COUNTRY. It's not your fucking place to denigrate her decision. If everyone had your thought process you would be living under the rule of another leader right now.

You are absolutely right. But we don't need to succumb to their fanaticism or level of thinking.

Who being fanatical? lol

I have posted on this subject ALL DAY. Only once did I mention my child. I did it as a way to show I'm not detached from things. You took it wrong and as such are running with it. Whatever

And for the record my daughter had a desire to SERVE HER COUNTRY. It's not your fucking place to denigrate her decision. If everyone had your thought process you would be living under the rule of another leader right now.

Today, 05:44 PM

^^^^^The time this thread started.

No one has said a word about your daughter except to question how YOU think giving up our civil rights will keep her safe in the military which is what you implied. I really couldn't give a shit. So don't throw it in my face. It is YOUR paranoia that is making you foam at the mouth.

Maybe you should take a break and do something besides a message board. I have NOT been here all day. I have been at work.

Then again, perhaps this was just the classic TM bait thread! Regardless. It's stupid. And yours to cultivate. CIAO

Last edited:

Ahhhhhhhhhh. Peaceful islam!

No one has said a word about your daughter except to question how YOU think giving up our civil rights will keep her safe in the military which is what you implied. I really couldn't give a shit. So don't throw it in my face. It is YOUR paranoia that is making you foam at the mouth.

Maybe you should take a break and do something besides a message board. I have NOT been here all day. I have been at work.

I also have been at work all day so take you insinuation and shove it. Also I have posted on this subject in the multitudes of other similar threads and THIS ONE is the first time I have mentioned my family. Funny thing is you assume I'm posting on fear for my daughter and NOT ONCE did I say she was in the theatre. You condemn my thoughts on the subject while at the same time CLAIM I'm trying to keep you from yours.

I made a rational theory for Obama to make the decisions he has. You have argued with me about it, not on a rational level, but on a personal one. Then you end your argument for your civil rights by suggesting that I not exercise mine.
Ironic

Now the right....

Sorry, but Santorum is all the reasons why many Christians dislike Muslims. He's the oppressive Muslim equivalent. He deserves mocking! And no... we don't scream about tolerance in all areas. I'm not very tolerant of misogynistic religious people, whatever religion. And traditional fundamentalist Muslim men can tend to be very misogynistic. Santorum reminds us that Christian men can be just as bad.

"Atheism is not a philosophy; it is not even a view of the world; it is simply an admission of the obvious. In fact, "atheist" is a term that should not ever exist. No one ever needs to identify himself as a "non astrologer" or a "non-alchemist". We do not have words for people who doubt that Elvis is still alive or that aliens traversed the galaxy only to molest ranchers and their cattle. Atheism is nothing more than the noises reasonable people make in the presence of unjustified religious beliefs. An atheist is simply a person who believes that the 260 million Americans (87 percent of the population) claiming to "never doubt the existence of God" should be obliged to present evidence for his existence-and, indeed, for his BENEVOLENCE, given the relentless destruction of innocent human beings we witness in the world each day".

"Religion is the one area of our discourse in which people are systematically protected from the demand to give good evidence and valid arguments in defense of their strongly held beliefs. And yet these beliefs regularly determine what they live for, what they will die for, and - all too often - what they will kill for. Consequently, we are living in a world in which millions of grown men and women can rationalize the violent sacrifice of their own children by recourse to fairy tales".

-Sam Harris
Letter to a Christian Nation

What is 'obvious' to you may be total fallacy to someone else. You ridicule God because you are separated from Him. From where you are God cannot be seen, felt, touched or loved. Why this is so for you I do not know, and I will not venture to guess. I will say, however, that for hundreds of millions of people around the world God is VERY real. They, like I, have a PERSONAL relationship with Him that transcends the normal 5 senses. It infuses us with a joy that truly does surpass human understanding.

What is different for every one of us is how we came to KNOW God. There are as many paths to Him as there are stars in the sky. Some seem to have known Him from before they were born, and of this I have no doubt, for God's own words were "From before you were in your mother's womb, I knew you." Some others have found Him through trials and suffering and pain, as He said "Come to me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." Some others, like myself, have had God's existence and love for us demonstrated in a most blatant and physical way, being miraculously saved from a most certain death.

We are most secure in our knowledge of God, and we suffer gladly the slings and arrows of nonbelievers like you, knowing that a path to the knowledge of God lies open for you also, even if you never venture the first step.

Last edited:

I also have been at work all day
so take you insinuation and shove it. Also I have posted on this subject in the multitudes of other similar threads and THIS ONE is the first time I have mentioned my family. Funny thing is you assume I'm posting on fear for my daughter and NOT ONCE did I say she was in the theatre. You condemn my thoughts on the subject while at the same time CLAIM I'm trying to keep you from yours.

I made a rational theory for Obama to make the decisions he has. You have argued with me about it, not on a rational level, but on a personal one. Then you end your argument for your civil rights by suggesting that I not exercise mine.
Ironic

Let me guess. You work for the government! :lol::lol:

Forum List

Back