I have had it

Mossberg FTMFW................

Mossberg20411537262.jpg

Tens of millions like me s0ns!!!!:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

Lots of zero's after that 1

Last edited:
I sit on the Marcellus Shale deposits which could provide an abundant source of natural gas. But, in most cases, to extract the gas, drilling operations must fracture the geologic substrate with hazardous fluids which pollute the ground water supply.

From Obama's own mouthpieces:

This week, the House Oversight and Government Reform (OGR) Committee held a hearing that focused on the price at the pump and domestic energy policy and its impact on oil and gas production. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Administrator Lisa Jackson and the Department of Interior Deputy Secretary David Hayes testified on behalf of the Administration. EPA Administrator Jackson told Congress that ‘there’s no proof fracking is dangerous,’ and she also said that ‘increasing America’s natural gas production is a good thing’ since it creates less air pollution than other fossil fuels during questioning. Continue here for a video clip of the OGR hearing.

Yeah a national park would be horrible huh?

Im sure there are NO jobs in a national Park huh.

A national park will provide Jobs for decades not just in the public sector.

Think of all the surrounding towns who will recieve far more toutrists to their businesses.

Now your daughter doesnt have to become a coal miner, instead she can start a business which is supplied customers by a national park.
These are coal miners, not park rangers.
There are roughly 90,000 coal miners in the US and the US Park service employs 22,000. At best, a national park in West Virginia would employ 1,000 people, mostly seasonally. (Yellowstone has a seasonal staff of roughly 3,500, including service workers) Add another 500, again mostly seasonal employees to businesses supporting the park and you've just put 88,500 people out of work.
Screw you and your National Park idea!

about your post... For starters, i see that you call yourself tonystewart1. That's part of the problem. You wouldn't be nearly as bothered about those crazy liberals if you called yourself kylebush1. Give that some thought.:lol: Seriously though i don't know what can be the problem. Coal is vital to the economy of west virginia and it is a good product for the rest of the nation. Like you, i think they are off their rockers.

Note to tonystewart1. Just pulling your chain a little about tony stewart. why in the world isn't he winning races this year? seems a little odd to me that so far he hasn't won at least one yet.

booosh

Think of all the surrounding towns who will recieve far more toutrists to their businesses.

Now your daughter doesnt have to become a coal miner, instead she can start a business which is supplied customers by a national park.
There are roughly 90,000 coal miners in the US and the US Park service employs 22,000. At best, a national park in West Virginia would employ 1,000 people, mostly seasonally. (Yellowstone has a seasonal staff of roughly 3,500, including service workers) Add another 500, again mostly seasonal employees to businesses supporting the park and you've just put 88,500 people out of work.

Site your facts.

intenet posters make up shit all the time.

I never site a fact without proving where it came from.

BTW this is ONE coal mine not every one of them so its alot fewer jobs.

The national park would have a much greatrer effect than just hiring rangers.

There is big bucks in tourism and you know it.

How sad the people in this thread have their minds so twisted they see strip mining as a great future for their kids yet they trash the idea of them being a small business owner.

Look IDIOT! You put a park there you make, what a couple dozen small business owners and employ 15 hundred seasonal employees, mostly making minimum wage while putting 90 THOUSAND $30/hour miners out of work. You are disgusting!

How sad the people in this thread have their minds so twisted they see strip mining as a great future for their kids yet they trash the idea of them being a small business owner.

I think you should be a hair dresser, and if you oppose that, you are obviously a few screws short. Who are we saving the coal for??? China??? Power Barons??? Who???

I think you should become a professional Synchronized swimmer. That is my final word. ;)

Naaah she should clean up bear shit in her beautiful park, if she's qualified, which I doubt.

Site your facts.

intenet posters make up shit all the time.

I never site a fact without proving where it came from.

BTW this is ONE coal mine not every one of them so its alot fewer jobs.

The national park would have a much greatrer effect than just hiring rangers.

There is big bucks in tourism and you know it.

All numbers I gave are easy enough for even you to find.
obama and his followers want to close all coal mines, not just the one Tony works at.According to a PDF file available at www.nma.org/pdf/c_trends_mining.pdf in 2009, there were 87,755 coal miners in the US.
This link claims 20,500 US Park Service employees

Last edited:

You need to, for once in your life. STFU.

Let me start off my appologizing for my rant here. The mines I work for is probably going to be laying us off because those idiots at the EPA and the WVDEP dont want us mining anymore coal. Why? I dont know.

I am a proud native son of the great state of WV. Everytime I turn around some liberal, tree hugging hippie is trying to starve my family to death. I am a 4th generation coal miner. If liberals had their way they would starve my family out. What do they want us to do leave the state so they can turn the whole thing into a national park.

We have the opportunity to mine vast amounts of coal and drill for vast amounts of natural gas and assert some sort of energy independence. Instead these feel good enviro-freaks want to stop us. They set up in their ivory towers and have no idea what it is like to live like we do. If they spent a couple of years trying to provide a decent living for a family here they would see it as we do.

What else are we supposed to do? Do they want the proud hard working people of my state to stand on the side of the road and sell arts and crafts? Maybe we can all learn to play banjos and flat foot for the tourists. There are only so many bluegrass albums the market can bear.

People want to talk about alternatives for my states economy; to phase out our dependence on extractive industries. Talk all you want but I have yet to hear a good idea. You cant put an auto plant here because you cant find a flat acre ;except where they ripped the top of a mountain off and reclaimed it.

I do not have the luxury of worring about what will happen in 100 years because I have a house payment to make today.

For heavens sake let us feed and house our families by the sweat of our brow and the strenghth of our backs. I dont want a hand out or any sort of federal assistance. What we want is to be allowed to us the natural resources that the good Lord blessed us with to take care of ouselves.

I know that we cant mine coal forever but lets use it while we got it.

Fellow, we overcut our forests here in the West. I worked the sawmills for 20 years, and saw them on the downhill slide. So I switched to construction, then steel mills. And am doing better financially for it.

Yes, coal is going to be as dead as nuclear in just a few years. So you had damned well better get out of that business as quickly as possible for the sake of your family. You will probably have to move, take some schooling, and even start at a lower wage. But you can do so with planning. Stay with coal until the climatic events become so obvious that the mines are shut down on an ASAP basis, and you will be thrown out of work with no planning ahead at all. Your choice, buddy.

You need to, for once in your life. STFU.

Ever consider following your own advice, just once in your life, Widdo Willyo?:lol:

How many people do you need to build and run a national park?

Roads, buildings, trash can manufacturors, Benches, bridges to name a few.

Then there are the rights to have a restuarnt, hotel, horsebackriding, hang gliddding, rosk climbing, trams, tours to name a few.

How about someone to empty all those trash cans daily, forrest rangers, road maintance, maids, waitresses, camp councilors to name a few.

How many little surrounding towns would see a boom in just housing to supply places to live for all these employees let along the tourists traveling through them to get to the park?

Im sure you think his daughter would rather be a coal miner than a small business owner who rents horses to tourists for a living.

all of which you speak of requires energy..we wont be able to afford to enjoy any of this if we remain so heavily dependent on foreign oil

Then there are the rights to have a restuarnt, hotel, horsebackriding, hang gliddding, rosk climbing, trams, tours to name a few.

How about someone to empty all those trash cans daily, forrest rangers, road maintance, maids, waitresses, camp councilors to name a few.

How many little surrounding towns would see a boom in just housing to supply places to live for all these employees let along the tourists traveling through them to get to the park?

Im sure you think his daughter would rather be a coal miner than a small business owner who rents horses to tourists for a living.

all of which you speak of requires energy..we wont be able to afford to enjoy any of this if we remain so heavily dependent on foreign oil

Holy shit.......the believer in unicorns has entered the Environmental Forum!!!:lol:

Holy shit.......the believer in unicorns has entered the Environmental Forum!!!:lol:

unicorns ?? what mindless drivel are you rambling about now ?

Let me start off my appologizing for my rant here. The mines I work for is probably going to be laying us off because those idiots at the EPA and the WVDEP dont want us mining anymore coal. Why? I dont know.

I am a proud native son of the great state of WV. Everytime I turn around some liberal, tree hugging hippie is trying to starve my family to death. I am a 4th generation coal miner. If liberals had their way they would starve my family out. What do they want us to do leave the state so they can turn the whole thing into a national park.

We have the opportunity to mine vast amounts of coal and drill for vast amounts of natural gas and assert some sort of energy independence. Instead these feel good enviro-freaks want to stop us. They set up in their ivory towers and have no idea what it is like to live like we do. If they spent a couple of years trying to provide a decent living for a family here they would see it as we do.

What else are we supposed to do? Do they want the proud hard working people of my state to stand on the side of the road and sell arts and crafts? Maybe we can all learn to play banjos and flat foot for the tourists. There are only so many bluegrass albums the market can bear.

People want to talk about alternatives for my states economy; to phase out our dependence on extractive industries. Talk all you want but I have yet to hear a good idea. You cant put an auto plant here because you cant find a flat acre ;except where they ripped the top of a mountain off and reclaimed it.

I do not have the luxury of worring about what will happen in 100 years because I have a house payment to make today.

For heavens sake let us feed and house our families by the sweat of our brow and the strenghth of our backs. I dont want a hand out or any sort of federal assistance. What we want is to be allowed to us the natural resources that the good Lord blessed us with to take care of ouselves.

I know that we cant mine coal forever but lets use it while we got it.

So we can count you on the side of legalizing pot?

Forum List

Back