I have had it

tonystewart1

VIP Member
May 26, 2011
McDowell County, WV
Let me start off my appologizing for my rant here. The mines I work for is probably going to be laying us off because those idiots at the EPA and the WVDEP dont want us mining anymore coal. Why? I dont know.

I am a proud native son of the great state of WV. Everytime I turn around some liberal, tree hugging hippie is trying to starve my family to death. I am a 4th generation coal miner. If liberals had their way they would starve my family out. What do they want us to do leave the state so they can turn the whole thing into a national park.

We have the opportunity to mine vast amounts of coal and drill for vast amounts of natural gas and assert some sort of energy independence. Instead these feel good enviro-freaks want to stop us. They set up in their ivory towers and have no idea what it is like to live like we do. If they spent a couple of years trying to provide a decent living for a family here they would see it as we do.

What else are we supposed to do? Do they want the proud hard working people of my state to stand on the side of the road and sell arts and crafts? Maybe we can all learn to play banjos and flat foot for the tourists. There are only so many bluegrass albums the market can bear.

People want to talk about alternatives for my states economy; to phase out our dependence on extractive industries. Talk all you want but I have yet to hear a good idea. You cant put an auto plant here because you cant find a flat acre ;except where they ripped the top of a mountain off and reclaimed it.

I do not have the luxury of worring about what will happen in 100 years because I have a house payment to make today.

For heavens sake let us feed and house our families by the sweat of our brow and the strenghth of our backs. I dont want a hand out or any sort of federal assistance. What we want is to be allowed to us the natural resources that the good Lord blessed us with to take care of ouselves.

I know that we cant mine coal forever but lets use it while we got it.

You are one of the eggs that needs to get broken in order to make their fancy omelet.

Of course, when it is their ox being gored, they are willing to rise above principle. But in your case, principles matter more than real people.

It's called tyranny.

Tyranny by coertion.

If any of their "facts" about the hazards of mining were true, you wouldn't have your family around mines and neither would your father.

Good luck.

How anybody in any state that relies on the coal industry would vote a single Democrat into office is beyond me.

Here is Obama saying he wants to bankrupt the coal industry.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hdi4onAQBWQ]YouTube - ‪SHOCK Audio Unearthed OBAMA TELLS SAN FRANCISCO HE WILL BANKRUPT THE COAL INDUSTRY‬‏[/ame]

It is sad.

I am sorry for you. My prayers go out to your family.

I hope that they do not "win" in that they force you to become dependent on government handouts like so many other millions.

This is their plan. Please stay strong.

So sorry to hear about this. It makes us all angry. This group wants no oil and no coal no matter what the cost of Americans and families.
They are trying to shut down oil wells in Texas too.
Claiming a little lizard is in danger of becoming extinct. It's not on the list and they are trying to get it on the list.
This lizard lives all over the desert southwest. We have thousands of them around our house.
It's terrible that so many Americans hate our county.

How anybody in any state that relies on the coal industry would vote a single Democrat into office is beyond me.

Here is Obama saying he wants to bankrupt the coal industry.

YouTube - ‪SHOCK Audio Unearthed OBAMA TELLS SAN FRANCISCO HE WILL BANKRUPT THE COAL INDUSTRY‬‏

It is sad.

I am sorry for you. My prayers go out to your family.

I hope that they do not "win" in that they force you to become dependent on government handouts like so many other millions.

This is their plan. Please stay strong.

many mines are union shops.

Illinois strip mines coal, but you hardly ever get a non-dem in office. Between the mob running Chicago politicians and the unions running the southern part, I'm stunned anything gets done properly at all.

Yeah a national park would be horrible huh?

Im sure there are NO jobs in a national Park huh.

A national park will provide Jobs for decades not just in the public sector.

Think of all the surrounding towns who will recieve far more toutrists to their businesses.

Now your daughter doesnt have to become a coal miner, instead she can start a business which is supplied customers by a national park.

Think of all the surrounding towns who will recieve far more toutrists to their businesses.

Now your daughter doesnt have to become a coal miner, instead she can start a business which is supplied customers by a national park.

Interesting angle.

Hack.

:cuckoo:

We could turn our whole country into Disneyland and get rich beyond our wildest dreams.
I got dibs on being Daffy.

I have worked at both strip and underground mines. The one I currently work at is a strip mine. WV has a long tradition of electing dem for state offices because for many years they were the party of the union. Union representation is so low right now that electing dems has just became a bad habit for us. My mine is not union.

I hope I did not sound like I was crying about my problem. I know that the Lord will take care of my family and me but; he helps people that help themselves. You just get so sick and tired of having your future determined by outsiders who have no idea of the personal repurcusions of the decisions they make. The EPA just acts like some kind of mindless robot that with extreme tunnle vision.

Why do you hate working class people?

About your post... For starters, I see that you call yourself tonystewart1. That's part of the problem. You wouldn't be nearly as bothered about those crazy liberals if you called yourself kylebush1. Give that some thought.:lol: Seriously though I don't know what can be the problem. Coal is vital to the economy of West Virginia and it is a good product for the rest of the nation. Like you, I think they are off their rockers.

Note to tonystewart1. Just pulling your chain a little about tony stewart. Why in the world isn't he winning races this year? Seems a little odd to me that so far he hasn't won at least one yet.

How many people do you need to build and run a national park?

Roads, buildings, trash can manufacturors, Benches, bridges to name a few.

Then there are the rights to have a restuarnt, hotel, horsebackriding, hang gliddding, rosk climbing, trams, tours to name a few.

How about someone to empty all those trash cans daily, forrest rangers, road maintance, maids, waitresses, camp councilors to name a few.

How many little surrounding towns would see a boom in just housing to supply places to live for all these employees let along the tourists traveling through them to get to the park?

Im sure you think his daughter would rather be a coal miner than a small business owner who rents horses to tourists for a living.

Then there are the rights to have a restuarnt, hotel, horsebackriding, hang gliddding, rosk climbing, trams, tours to name a few.

How about someone to empty all those trash cans daily, forrest rangers, road maintance, maids, waitresses, camp councilors to name a few.

How many little surrounding towns would see a boom in just housing to supply places to live for all these employees let along the tourists traveling through them to get to the park?

Im sure you think his daughter would rather be a coal miner than a small business owner who rents horses to tourists for a living.

How many habitats do you plan on destroying while making your park ?

yeah a national park would be horrible huh?

Im sure there are no jobs in a national park huh.

A national park will provide jobs for decades not just in the public sector.

so i am supposed to give up my job making 30 dollars and hour to wait table for 10. Thats not very smart. Wages in the service sector are way lower than in real industry. Not everyone can own their own business. So to you a job is a job. That is real short sighted of you. And we do have winters here fyi and the tourism here is seasonal at best. The land i own borders on a state park and the guys work there work from march to sept then they get laid off and draw umemployment the rest of the year.

The job i have helps me and my family live the american dream of doing more than surviving. The service industry has to be supported by people who make something. Every dollar i spend that i make at the mines is spent several time over.

Why do you hate coal miners?

Do you think his family can't consider those options you listed?

Why do you want to take mining away as an option?

Why do you hate our history and traditions?

Why do you hate the lowish cost of energy in America?

Why do you hate the poor that won't be able to turn the heat on in winter b/c a cheap source like coal is gone?

Why do you want the old and poor to suffer and die like that?

Yeah!

TM

Why do you hate the birdies and beavers?

this is the face of the left. We want to destroy what we don't like w/o any thought to the repricussions.

so i am supposed to give up my job making 30 dollars and hour to wait table for 10. Thats not very smart. Wages in the service sector are way lower than in real industry. Not everyone can own their own business. So to you a job is a job. That is real short sighted of you. And we do have winters here fyi and the tourism here is seasonal at best. The land i own borders on a state park and the guys work there work from march to sept then they get laid off and draw umemployment the rest of the year.

The job i have helps me and my family live the american dream of doing more than surviving. The service industry has to be supported by people who make something. Every dollar i spend that i make at the mines is spent several time over.

where did I say you should wait tables?

How about you plan for the future by getting yourself some education in a field that will allow you to start a business or get hired somewhere more to your liking?

Look to the future and make it a better place for everyone NOT just yourself.

Not very many Americans ANYWHERE in this country have the same job all their lives.

Think of it as an investiment in your kids future job choice.

EDUCATE yourself and face that you are facing the same thing MANY Americans are.

No one promised you a job for life did they?

That is exactly what they want.
They want this country to be a 3rd world banana republic.
Everyone will be equal making around ten to twelve dollars an hour, if your lucky.
They must bring down the evil, greedy Americans,so that the rest of the world can catch up . :evil:

Far, far less than what mining, strip mining and mountain top mining already does, BUT, if it aint grown...it's mined...

Forum List

Back