I have had it

Discussion in 'Environment' started by tonystewart1, May 27, 2011.

1. tonystewart1

tonystewart1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +155
    Let me start off my appologizing for my rant here. The mines I work for is probably going to be laying us off because those idiots at the EPA and the WVDEP dont want us mining anymore coal. Why? I dont know.

I am a proud native son of the great state of WV. Everytime I turn around some liberal, tree hugging hippie is trying to starve my family to death. I am a 4th generation coal miner. If liberals had their way they would starve my family out. What do they want us to do leave the state so they can turn the whole thing into a national park.

We have the opportunity to mine vast amounts of coal and drill for vast amounts of natural gas and assert some sort of energy independence. Instead these feel good enviro-freaks want to stop us. They set up in their ivory towers and have no idea what it is like to live like we do. If they spent a couple of years trying to provide a decent living for a family here they would see it as we do.

What else are we supposed to do? Do they want the proud hard working people of my state to stand on the side of the road and sell arts and crafts? Maybe we can all learn to play banjos and flat foot for the tourists. There are only so many bluegrass albums the market can bear.

People want to talk about alternatives for my states economy; to phase out our dependence on extractive industries. Talk all you want but I have yet to hear a good idea. You cant put an auto plant here because you cant find a flat acre ;except where they ripped the top of a mountain off and reclaimed it.

I do not have the luxury of worring about what will happen in 100 years because I have a house payment to make today.

For heavens sake let us feed and house our families by the sweat of our brow and the strenghth of our backs. I dont want a hand out or any sort of federal assistance. What we want is to be allowed to us the natural resources that the good Lord blessed us with to take care of ouselves.

I know that we cant mine coal forever but lets use it while we got it.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 6
  2. Baruch Menachem

Baruch Menachem '

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,305
    You are one of the eggs that needs to get broken in order to make their fancy omelet.

Of course, when it is their ox being gored, they are willing to rise above principle. But in your case, principles matter more than real people.

3. Two Thumbs

Two Thumbs Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,589
    It's called tyranny.

Tyranny by coertion.

If any of their "facts" about the hazards of mining were true, you wouldn't have your family around mines and neither would your father.

Good luck.

4. Provocateur

Provocateur Avoiding Lib Circle Derps

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +283
    How anybody in any state that relies on the coal industry would vote a single Democrat into office is beyond me.

Here is Obama saying he wants to bankrupt the coal industry.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hdi4onAQBWQ]YouTube - ‪SHOCK Audio Unearthed OBAMA TELLS SAN FRANCISCO HE WILL BANKRUPT THE COAL INDUSTRY‬‏[/ame]

It is sad.

I am sorry for you. My prayers go out to your family.

I hope that they do not "win" in that they force you to become dependent on government handouts like so many other millions.

This is their plan. Please stay strong.

5. peach174

peach174 Gold Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,473
    So sorry to hear about this. It makes us all angry. This group wants no oil and no coal no matter what the cost of Americans and families.
    They are trying to shut down oil wells in Texas too.
    Claiming a little lizard is in danger of becoming extinct. It's not on the list and they are trying to get it on the list.
    This lizard lives all over the desert southwest. We have thousands of them around our house.
    It's terrible that so many Americans hate our county.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. Two Thumbs

Two Thumbs Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,589
    many mines are union shops.

Illinois strip mines coal, but you hardly ever get a non-dem in office. Between the mob running Chicago politicians and the unions running the southern part, I'm stunned anything gets done properly at all.

7. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    Yeah a national park would be horrible huh?

Im sure there are NO jobs in a national Park huh.

A national park will provide Jobs for decades not just in the public sector.

Think of all the surrounding towns who will recieve far more toutrists to their businesses.

Now your daughter doesnt have to become a coal miner, instead she can start a business which is supplied customers by a national park.

8. Provocateur

Provocateur Avoiding Lib Circle Derps

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +283
    Interesting angle.

Hack.

:cuckoo:

9. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    We could turn our whole country into Disneyland and get rich beyond our wildest dreams.
    I got dibs on being Daffy.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  10. tonystewart1

tonystewart1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +155
    I have worked at both strip and underground mines. The one I currently work at is a strip mine. WV has a long tradition of electing dem for state offices because for many years they were the party of the union. Union representation is so low right now that electing dems has just became a bad habit for us. My mine is not union.

I hope I did not sound like I was crying about my problem. I know that the Lord will take care of my family and me but; he helps people that help themselves. You just get so sick and tired of having your future determined by outsiders who have no idea of the personal repurcusions of the decisions they make. The EPA just acts like some kind of mindless robot that with extreme tunnle vision.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1