I have had it

Mah grate granpappy were, mah granpappy were, may pappy were and I is too.
murkins.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPixjCneseE&feature=related]YouTube - ‪Mountaintop Removal Movie from iLoveMountains.org‬‏[/ame]

Let me start off my appologizing for my rant here. The mines I work for is probably going to be laying us off because those idiots at the EPA and the WVDEP dont want us mining anymore coal. Why? I dont know.

I am a proud native son of the great state of WV. Everytime I turn around some liberal, tree hugging hippie is trying to starve my family to death. I am a 4th generation coal miner. If liberals had their way they would starve my family out. What do they want us to do leave the state so they can turn the whole thing into a national park.

We have the opportunity to mine vast amounts of coal and drill for vast amounts of natural gas and assert some sort of energy independence. Instead these feel good enviro-freaks want to stop us. They set up in their ivory towers and have no idea what it is like to live like we do. If they spent a couple of years trying to provide a decent living for a family here they would see it as we do.

What else are we supposed to do? Do they want the proud hard working people of my state to stand on the side of the road and sell arts and crafts? Maybe we can all learn to play banjos and flat foot for the tourists. There are only so many bluegrass albums the market can bear.

People want to talk about alternatives for my states economy; to phase out our dependence on extractive industries. Talk all you want but I have yet to hear a good idea. You cant put an auto plant here because you cant find a flat acre ;except where they ripped the top of a mountain off and reclaimed it.

I do not have the luxury of worring about what will happen in 100 years because I have a house payment to make today.

For heavens sake let us feed and house our families by the sweat of our brow and the strenghth of our backs. I dont want a hand out or any sort of federal assistance. What we want is to be allowed to us the natural resources that the good Lord blessed us with to take care of ouselves.

I know that we cant mine coal forever but lets use it while we got it.

You poor, deluded man. Don't you know that coal is bad for you? If you were not taught magical creation in school you would understand that coal is evil, and that only corporations would support it. We understand this is not your fault though, you have never learned the truth that science is the real answer for everything. Tomorrow scientists will discover a way to build a solar panel that uses recycled CO2, does not wipe out large tracts of the country, and can generate enough power to provide energy for the entire world, then you will not need to slave away for those evil corporations that want to keep you poor. We will then be able to tax them out of existence and give everyone free helath care, a new house and car, and feed them. Then the only people that will have to work are our benevolent overlords of the Democratic Party who care nothing about themselves, hate money, and will work tirelessly to make sure we are protected from everything that can possibly hurt us. Those nasty Republicans will only be a bad memory then.

That is why you will not have a job at Christmas.

Yeah a national park would be horrible huh?

Im sure there are NO jobs in a national Park huh.

A national park will provide Jobs for decades not just in the public sector.

Think of all the surrounding towns who will recieve far more toutrists to their businesses.

Now your daughter doesnt have to become a coal miner, instead she can start a business which is supplied customers by a national park.

We could turn our whole country into Disneyland and get rich beyond our wildest dreams.
I got dibs on being Daffy.

TM is already got Goofy down, so I guess Daffy is open.

How many people do you need to build and run a national park?

Roads, buildings, trash can manufacturors, Benches, bridges to name a few.

Then there are the rights to have a restuarnt, hotel, horsebackriding, hang gliddding, rosk climbing, trams, tours to name a few.

How about someone to empty all those trash cans daily, forrest rangers, road maintance, maids, waitresses, camp councilors to name a few.

How many little surrounding towns would see a boom in just housing to supply places to live for all these employees let along the tourists traveling through them to get to the park?

Im sure you think his daughter would rather be a coal miner than a small business owner who rents horses to tourists for a living.

You want him pick up trash after a bunch of city folk that have no idea how to actually survive in the wilderness? Why don't you just buy his house, replace one wall with glass, and turn him into a zoo exhibit for idiots like you who think they are better than he is?

decarb1.gif

ipcc_ddc_co2_all.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah a national park would be horrible huh?

Im sure there are NO jobs in a national Park huh.

A national park will provide Jobs for decades not just in the public sector.

Think of all the surrounding towns who will recieve far more toutrists to their businesses.

Now your daughter doesnt have to become a coal miner, instead she can start a business which is supplied customers by a national park.

The statist in you has just shown it's ugly head. What do you do when those national parks start to close? You cannot depend on the government for everything.

Forum List

Back