I have had it

National Park Service Revenues Down $1.3 Million On Transition to America The Beautiful Pass | National Parks Traveler

looks like arround 20 million and that is JUST for a pass to them.

That does not count the money recieved in property rental for businesses, tax reciepts for all the surrounding businesses who have an increase and car rental places, Buss tours and many many more.

To pretend that replacing ONE set of very limmited jobs with a plethora of new options for the people who live in the area is a bad move is to deny reality.
Because all of the mining quarries can be set up as a "national park" that people will want to visit.

Not to mention, hack, that we rely on coal and fossil fuels, whether that makes your liberal brain happy or not.

where did aI say that?

you see its dishonest to claim someone has said something they have not said.

Now do you want to stick to the facts or just make up lies?

How many people do you need to build and run a national park?

Roads, buildings, trash can manufacturors, Benches, bridges to name a few.

Then there are the rights to have a restuarnt, hotel, horsebackriding, hang gliddding, rosk climbing, trams, tours to name a few.

How about someone to empty all those trash cans daily, forrest rangers, road maintance, maids, waitresses, camp councilors to name a few.

How many little surrounding towns would see a boom in just housing to supply places to live for all these employees let along the tourists traveling through them to get to the park?

Im sure you think his daughter would rather be a coal miner than a small business owner who rents horses to tourists for a living.

I think we should build more national parks.

:lmao:

Parks are good when they are honestly bought and paid for.

How many national parks does one need?

How much property is owned by the feds now?

map-owns_the_west.jpg

1. Nevada 84.5%
2. Alaska 69.1%
3. Utah 57.4%
4. Oregon 53.1%
5. Idaho 50.2%
6. Arizona 48.1%
7. California 45.3%
8. Wyoming 42.3%
9. New Mexico 41.8%
10. Colorado 36.6%

291 - Federal Lands in the US | Strange Maps | Big Think

To say that miners should go work in a national park as their industry is driven into bankruptcy is the epitome of progressive thought.

National Park Service Revenues Down $1.3 Million On Transition to America The Beautiful Pass | National Parks Traveler

That does not count the money recieved in property rental for businesses, tax reciepts for all the surrounding businesses who have an increase and car rental places, Buss tours and many many more.

To pretend that replacing ONE set of very limmited jobs with a plethora of new options for the people who live in the area is a bad move is to deny reality.
Because all of the mining quarries can be set up as a "national park" that people will want to visit.

Not to mention, hack, that we rely on coal and fossil fuels, whether that makes your liberal brain happy or not.

where did aI say that?

you see its dishonest to claim someone has said something they have not said.

Now do you want to stick to the facts or just make up lies?

You essentially told the OP that it doesn't matter if his industry is bankrupted intentionally, and that national parks are great. As if there is even a correlation to mining sites and national parks. You are just a hack.

I would love to live in the world you live in. You keep talking about owning a business. I do not have the skill set to own or operate my own business. That means working for someone who owns a small business. There goes my health coverage and 401k.

Are you incapable of learning a new skill?

what the hell do you think masses of unemployed Americans are doing right now?

They are retraining for jobs that do exsist.

You said you make alot of money right?

learn how to use this computor you are typing on right now to do something that will help you build a small business and or get a job that pays more than a waitress.

Your kids will benifit from this decision.

Be honest, I bet your daughter doesnt want to be a miner anyway.

Government hurting people. The progressive way.

nope I didnt say any of thatr either.

You see to find out what I say or mean you can look at my real words instead of making crap up.

That is how honest people operate.

Now can you tell me how many jobs will be lost by revoking the mines rights to mine national property and how many jobs will be gained by opporating a national park in its place?

No you cant can you.

heres an idea, think once in awhile of the long term possibilties of a decision like this.

Maybe you wont look so partisan next time.

You see to find out what I say or mean you can look at my real words instead of making crap up.

Now can you tell me how many jobs will be lost by revoking the mines rights to mine national property and how many jobs will be gained by opporating a national park in its place?

No you cant can you.

heres an idea, think once in awhile of the long term possibilties of a decision like this.

You're an intellectual imbecile, which has been noted more than once on this forum.

You are beyond help. I'm off to post with someone sane.

Have a nice day.

I would love to live in the world you live in. You keep talking about owning a business. I do not have the skill set to own or operate my own business. That means working for someone who owns a small business. There goes my health coverage and 401k.

learn how to use this computor you are typing on right now to do something that will help you build a small business and or get a job that pays more than a waitress.

First off I dont have any daughters I have 3 sons 1 in college 1 getting ready to go and one who will probably go. I do not want to learn the skills to run my own business. I love my work. I get up everyday looking forward to going to work. All I want is the opportunity to pursue my chosen trade and in the porcess provide the electricity that you are using right now to read my posts.

Mining is not something I had to do. I went to college myself. I taught school for one year;social studies and physical education. Hated it. I have a property and casulty insurance license and worked as an underwiter for a couple years. Hated that too. I did home-networking for comast cable in Nothern VA for 8 years. Hated that and it was more money than I make now. I chose mining and now the govt says no you cant do that. Insane.

No you cant can you.

You're an intellectual imbecile, which has been noted more than once on this forum.

You are beyond help. I'm off to post with someone sane.

Have a nice day.

Bye bye, maybe next time you will stick to the truth and bring some facts to back your opinions.

First off I dont have any daughters I have 3 sons 1 in college 1 getting ready to go and one who will probably go. I do not want to learn the skills to run my own business. I love my work. I get up everyday looking forward to going to work. All I want is the opportunity to pursue my chosen trade and in the porcess provide the electricity that you are using right now to read my posts.

Mining is not something I had to do. I went to college myself. I taught school for one year;social studies and physical education. Hated it. I have a property and casulty insurance license and worked as an underwiter for a couple years. Hated that too. I did home-networking for comast cable in Nothern VA for 8 years. Hated that and it was more money than I make now. I chose mining and now the govt says no you cant do that. Insane.

If you have that education than you can find a different job.

Not everyone gets to do what they love for a living and why should I care if you love your job or not.

Most people dont and you were lucky to have a job you loved for so long.

Now realise that is not a national priority that you love your job.

Quit your whining and get a job that pays as much with yout great education think of the other people in your area instead of just your own wants.

NO ONE us promised a job for life ANYWHERE IN THIS COUNTRY!

Gifts Made from Coal
Things Made from Coal
Making Coke from Coal
Gasoline from Coal
Jewelry from Coal
Diesel from Coal
Oil from Coal
Building Blocks from Coal Ash
yearly revenue from coal - Bing

Pretend caol mining isnt limmited if you wish.

I prefer logic a d reality.

A national park in this area will bring in far more money than a coal mine.

Tourism would boom and ALL businesses would gain.

I'm all for cheap, safe electrical power. I'm also for a safe, clean and sustainable environment.

Strip mining is a terrible way to extract coal. It scars the land permanently. It ruins the aquifer and surface water supply and leaves a barren wasteland devoid of the natural forests which were cut away to expose the soil.

Mountain top removal is a suicide pact. Taking the tops from the mountains and depositing them in the valleys making West Virginia not "almost Heaven" but "almost level".

I sit on the Marcellus Shale deposits which could provide an abundant source of natural gas. But, in most cases, to extract the gas, drilling operations must fracture the geologic substrate with hazardous fluids which pollute the ground water supply.

We have been extracting coal from deep mines with varying degrees of success for years. Some of the newer techniques (like 'long wall' mining) have proven more destructive than necessary.

There are ways of getting our resources from where they are to where they are needed. Doing it safely for the workers and the environment is the important job before us.

I'm and environmentalist and I don't want to put families out of work or shut down a whole industry for the sake of a lizard. These are cheap and unreasoned claims made by the right. Why? I could only speculate.

One reason might be those making such claims have no vested interest in the environment at the point of resource extraction. They can sit back and create convienient fiction to bolster their position that the economy trumps safety. Others just want to score some cheap political points. I suppose that's because they have utterly failed to inform themselves about the dangers of wreckless expansion without regard to safety of workers and the environment.

But if I keep assuming why righties make such claims, I would be guilty of the same ignorance and short sightedness they are guitly of.

Last edited:
How sad the people in this thread have their minds so twisted they see strip mining as a great future for their kids yet they trash the idea of them being a small business owner.

How sad that you think it's OK to shut down oil,natural gas and coal and cause all of our goods from products, to food to heating and cooling to cost so much that no one will be able to afford anything. Only the rich will.
It would be OK if we had a cheaper way for energy, but we don't, we don't have the technology yet.
We need oil, gas and coal, plus everything else, from solar to wind, until we do find it and that will be maybe 10 or 20 years into the future.

Yes coal is limited but we have more than enough for another 30 years and by then we will be able to find something that will be just a cheap to replace it.

A national park there instead of a coal mine would benifit the people of the area with a much greater job choice as well a a much better chance at creating a successful business.

Why do you think being a coal miner is safer and better than all manner of jobs and opportunities that this idea would bring to the area?

A national park there instead of a coal mine would benifit the people of the area with a much greater job choice as well a a much better chance at creating a successful business.

Why do you think being a coal miner is safer and better than all manner of jobs and opportunities that this idea would bring to the area?

Having national parks without affordable energy means that only the Very Rich can afford to visit said parks.

And that's the point of the Green Agenda after all: Herd the Great Unwashed Masses into dingy little cold water flats in large urban areas where they are far easier to control, and free up the rest of the country for the opulent lifestyles of the Overlords.

Forum List

Back