I have been here a month or so!

TimothysAlaska

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2014
I have posted on a few articles. Anyway I am a common sense moderate. I try not to use emotions when thinking about politics or even current events. I have liberal views on certain things and conservative on things. I try to be open minded and try to persuade people to my line of thinking, and I am open to be persuaded if my thinking is flawed, but I have noticed here that there is usually arguments and retorts and everyone seems hardheaded in their views, no reasoning just ignorance for the most part.

I was in the military and it was awesome, traveled the world and lived in quite a few countries. Currently moved back to Alaska from the uk.

I do laugh at most of the posts I have seen, people get so worked up on shit that's beyond their control... To be happy just worry about your own life and let others live theirs!
Have a great new year!

Tim, you've mistaken this for a political forum....this is purely ENTERTAINMENT, use it as such, and if you do feel obliged to express your views on a subject that is close to your heart, and head, do so, and don't let anyone tell you that you are wrong!

For the most part, people on political forums are going to be on the extremes of the political spectrum. Your average person isn't spending hours arguing politics with anonymous people online. One thing you'll learn is that nobody on this forum changes the other guy's mind. It doesn't matter if you present the opposition with documents and video evidence. Never admit your are wrong.

And welcome to USMB. I hope you brought Advil. :thup:

I have posted on a few articles. Anyway I am a common sense moderate. I try not to use emotions when thinking about politics or even current events. I have liberal views on certain things and conservative on things. I try to be open minded and try to persuade people to my line of thinking, and I am open to be persuaded if my thinking is flawed, but I have noticed here that there is usually arguments and retorts and everyone seems hardheaded in their views, no reasoning just ignorance for the most part.

I was in the military and it was awesome, traveled the world and lived in quite a few countries. Currently moved back to Alaska from the uk.

I do laugh at most of the posts I have seen, people get so worked up on shit that's beyond their control... To be happy just worry about your own life and let others live theirs!
Have a great new year!

Being a common sense moderate with liberal views won't save you, unless you are a hard core lefty, obsessed with George Bush and Israel.
:beer:

Have a great new year!

Hello there Timothy...

I see you have found the dead horse that some here like to beat continuously, from both sides.

No worries though, just keep a flyswatter handy, and you will do fine.

Welcome to USMB...:)

Forum List

Back