Help, I'm going to starve because I can't open my care package

Flopper

Diamond Member
Mar 23, 2010
Washington
I left on a hike this morning and the wife threw me a package of treats saying, "here's a care package in case you get hungry. After a few hours, I decided it was time for a snack . So I pulled the plastic tab on the outside of the package; nothing happened. So I thought, I'll tear through the plastic with my teeth; noting happened. Realizing I forgot my pocketknife, I grabbed a rock, thinking I would hit the edge of the plastic and break it open. So I hit it and hit it and finally pounded the contents until it was a powdery mush and the plastic container was still intact.

It is absolutely insane that we must have a special tool to open a package of cookies. Anyone else noticed how secure manufactures are making packages?

I left on a hike this morning and the wife threw me a package of treats saying, "here's a care package in case you get hungry. After a few hours, I decided it was time for a snack . So I pulled the plastic tab on outside of the package; nothing happened. So I thought, I'll tear through the plastic with my teeth; noting happened. Realizing I forgot my pocketknife, I grabbed a rock, thinking I would hit the edge of the plastic and break it open. So I hit it and hit it and finally pounded the contents until it was a powdery mush and the plastic container was still intact.

It is absolutely insane that we must have a special tool to open a package of cookies. Anyone else noticed how secure manufactures are making packages?
Yes. It may be in response to deliberate contaminations which seemed to be popular among the sick fucks for a while.

Yes. It may be in response to deliberate contaminations which seemed to be popular among the sick fucks for a while.
I wouldn't doubt that, but it's always been pretty easy to see if someone broke into a package of cookies. Also it's not just food stuff. I ordered a cabinet hinge and after cutting my way through the shipping carton, I had to cut my way though the item box and then the item was sealed in a thick plastic bag plastic, real overkill.

I left on a hike this morning and the wife threw me a package of treats saying, "here's a care package in case you get hungry. After a few hours, I decided it was time for a snack . So I pulled the plastic tab on the outside of the package; nothing happened. So I thought, I'll tear through the plastic with my teeth; noting happened. Realizing I forgot my pocketknife, I grabbed a rock, thinking I would hit the edge of the plastic and break it open. So I hit it and hit it and finally pounded the contents until it was a powdery mush and the plastic container was still intact.

thats when the 10% rule comes into effect,,

Yikes, I'm curious what package of cookies you are talking about. I've definitely struggled with vacuum sealed jars and some plastic containers as well.

I am hating packaging.

It creates stacks and stacks of non-recyclable trash.

Most of it needs to be gone.

How about this crap?
not-only-does-zyrtec-separately-package-each-pill-they-also-lock-them-in-a-dungeon-of-plastic.jpg

Seriously?

Hope it comes with a package of bandages after you slice an artery trying to cut it open.

But, let's ban plastic straws.

Wow, going a little pre- neolithic there!. turned to a powdery mush? Next time try snapping a small tree branch and making a sharp edge with which to puncture packages or small game animals. Next month we advance to classes in STone Age!

I agree, the oceans are turning into giant floating garbage dumps because of this crap. But of course the green energy folks could care less about that.
What manufactures of plastics will tell you is their product is degradable and that is true because all plastic will degrade. However, most of them take a1,000 years or more. Also the question as to what they degrade to is important but rarely asked. There are plastics that will degrade in 2 months and become only semi-dangerous to plants and animals. None of them ever gets back to a true safe organic compound. In other words, some are terrible, some are bad, and some are not so bad.

Last edited:

The other day I was grabbing something to snack on, on a short road trip. I bought a bag of pork rinds. Nothing special. Sitting in the truck I tried to open them in the normal fashion. The seal wouldn't give. So I pulled harder, harder, and harder; till it finally gave. And gave in spectacular fashion, and ripped the bag from top, to bottom, broadcasting every single pork rind in the bag all over the inside of the truck. To say I was pissed would be an understatement...

The other day I was grabbing something to snack on, on a short road trip. I bought a bag of pork rinds. Nothing special. Sitting in the truck I tried to open them in the normal fashion. The seal wouldn't give. So I pulled harder, harder, and harder; till it finally gave. And gave in spectacular fashion, and ripped the bag from top, to bottom, broadcasting every single pork rind in the bag all over the inside of the truck. To say I was pissed would be an understatement...
The problem most often is poor quality control. Pull tab doesn’t work. The line of preferations is not done properly. The place on the box that says push here does not open no matter how hard you push on it.

The manufacture is not going do anything until customers start returning merchandise and I doubt that is going to happen.

How about this crap?
View attachment 756942
Seriously?

Hope it comes with a package of bandages after you slice an artery trying to cut it open.

But, let's ban plastic straws.

It's getting ridiculous; I'm guessing packaging cost more than the products inside for a lot of items. And yes, it can get hazardous just trying to get that plastic bubble crap off without tearing up what it is allegedly protecting.

Now try--if anyone dares--to imagine all this packaging in the cafeteria at lunchtime. With kindergarteners.

Forum List

Back