I have been Called to the Principal's Office

You're beginning to strike me as one of the reading impaired.

Start reading the fucking post and get a clue: I'll walk your retard-ass through this ONCE:

1. It's the student's job to know WTF they'll be graded on

2. It's My job to reinforce good grades, or punish bad grades

If you didn't participate in the accountability of YOUR 16 year old, then good for you: BRAVO. My parents never had to participate either, but guess what?? Maybe it's a fuckin' revelation to you, but everyone is not you!!

:eusa_hand:

Jeeze, I'd encourage you to imagine that, but I'm not sure you have the two braincells necessary to rub together to make it happen.

Hey good man, do what you want and that is fine with me.
YOU, not me, are the one that threw this out for us to comment on.
I agree with you. It is your job to do as you want to as you are the parent.
How is it working for you?

IF Samson is such a paragon of rewarding good grades and punishing bad, then WHY is he still worrying about his 10th grader failing? By that age the child should know the consequences should he bring home a bad report card without daddy having to see weekly progress. Unless said child is learning impaired, in which case I do not approve of grade based rewards and punishments.

You know, every time you open your mouth, you look more stupid than the last time. Next to the word stupid in the dictionary, there is a picture of you. I don't know why you have such a hard on for Samson, but you really need to get over it.

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
Samson -

Just an idea. Why not allow the teachers to attach ALL assignments for the week to the weekly progress report and not just those that are graded? If you are interested in what is being taught and what the kids are doing, why not include notes and other class activities that do not get graded?

I am co-teaching two classes with an outstanding teacher. My only beef with her is that she does not return papers frequently. Because we have so many absences, she waits until all the kids have made up the work, so they just don't copy. She gets herself overwhelmed with paperwork because she grades almost daily. That's not how it works in my own classes. I check to see if assignments are done, and explain wrong answers as needed. It's just a different method of assessment. Independent work, without teacher guidance, are homework and tests.

Certainly the notes and teacher guided instruction would show whether or not the "assessment ie. tests" are connected to what is being taught. Isn't that what you are looking for?

Well, frankly I thought this would be asking too much.

Hey good man, do what you want and that is fine with me.
YOU, not me, are the one that threw this out for us to comment on.
I agree with you. It is your job to do as you want to as you are the parent.
How is it working for you?

IF Samson is such a paragon of rewarding good grades and punishing bad, then WHY is he still worrying about his 10th grader failing? By that age the child should know the consequences should he bring home a bad report card without daddy having to see weekly progress. Unless said child is learning impaired, in which case I do not approve of grade based rewards and punishments.

You know, every time you open your mouth, you look more stupid than the last time. Next to the word stupid in the dictionary, there is a picture of you. I don't know why you have such a hard on for Samson, but you really need to get over it.

"Paragon?" Now I'm a parental paragon for wanting to reward good work? Jeeze, it certainly doesn't take much to impress some idiots, but I hope he hasn't melted down any gold to make a statue of me yet.

Clearly, Conhog's never taught in public school.

He has a astonishingly shallow grasp on the broad spectrum of students' abilities, interest, emotional development, etc., etc., etc. and what it takes to motivate individuals.

"Paragon?" Now I'm a parental paragon for wanting to reward good work? Jeeze, it certainly doesn't take much to impress some idiots, but I hope he hasn't melted down any gold to make a statue of me yet.

He has a astonishingly shallow grasp on the broad spectrum of students' abilities, interest, emotional development, etc., etc., etc. and what it takes to motivate individuals.

Like many people here, I don't think conhog has dome most of the things he claims. Perhaps we should begin calling him Wally.......short for Walter Mitty.

We're not talking about a broad spectrum of students, we're talking about YOUR student. IF you have been this concerned his entire scholastic career one would assume that he would already be aware of the consequences of bad grades without you needing to remind him weekly.

Myself I think you're just a pompous blowhard of a bully who can't accept his own role in his child's poor grades.

First you make a broad generalization:

...By that age the child should know the consequences should he bring home a bad report card .....

Then you claim you are not talking about a broad spectrum of students:

We're not talking about a broad spectrum of students .....

You clearly haven't a clue as to what you are saying: Frankly, I suspect that you're simply trolling the thread to hear your own blithering idiocy.

Like many people here, I don't think conhog has dome most of the things he claims. Perhaps we should begin calling him Wally.......short for Walter Mitty.

He's never claimed to have taught public school a day in his life.

He claims to be on a school board in Arkansas, an achievement that requires very little in the way of knowledge and skills.

It's starting to sound as if your child is special needs. If so, he shouldn't be in regular classes...he should be somewhere where teachers can give him the attention and encouragement he needs.

As opposed to classes that include the general student body...all the extra work teachers must spend on him to satisfy you is unfair to the other kids.

Most public schools have such programs...you should look into them instead of harassing the teachers.

It's starting to sound as if your child is special needs. If so, he shouldn't be in regular classes...he should be somewhere where teachers can give him the attention and encouragement he needs.

As opposed to classes that include the general student body...all the extra work teachers must spend on him to satisfy you is unfair to the other kids.

Most public schools have such programs...you should look into them instead of harassing the teachers.

I believe he made that clear earlier in the thread. I've no doubt that it's an inclusion situation, but I believe Samson's contention is that it's just reasonable for this type of feedback for any student. He happens to be arguing on his son's behalf, not for the whole school-though that would be ideal as I understand him.

...By that age the child should know the consequences should he bring home a bad report card .....

You clearly haven't a clue as to what you are saying: Frankly, I suspect that you're simply trolling the thread to hear your own blithering idiocy.

No stupid, I'm talking about YOUR child by the 10th grade. IF you are as vigilant about grades as you claim, by the 10th grade you shouldn't even have to be part of the equation.

No stupid, I'm talking about YOUR child by the 10th grade. IF you are as vigilant about grades as you claim, by the 10th grade you shouldn't even have to be part of the equation.

Oh, yeah, 10th graders are fully realized, mature adults able to completely manage their own lives without parental guidance or supervision. :cuckoo: From the sound of this thread, there are people in their thirties and beyond who can't even make that claim, let alone 10th graders.

Not even a good attempt to cover your assinine duplicity.

I can't believe this thread has gone on for so long.

It takes all kinds to make the world go round. Samson is doing a service for all by making the teachers and staff realize that there are outsiders who are interested and involved with what is going on. And his son is being shown by example that both he and education are important to his parents and that interaction with the 'machine' is not only possible but even productive sometimes. I worked the system for my kids too.

I don't know how I missed this thread.
I'll just chime in that I agree 110% with Samson on this.

In 8th grade my son got a C in algebra. Which he couldn't explain to me.
I couldn't figure this out, he is good in math and early algebra is as easy as putting a 10 pc puzzle together.
So I emailed the teacher via their website..2 days..3 days..4 days..nothing.
So I try again...nothing. It ends up this teacher doesn't like email so he doesn't use it. Ok then WTF is it doing there?
So I call the school and ask to speak to the principal. After playing 30 questions, finally I get through, I respectfully ask to set a meet time with the teacher about my sons grade. I gave him my cell phone.
2 days...3 days...4 days...ok now I am pissed off.
I call again...I get this "well Mr. ___" has been really busy and hasn't had the time yet".
I insist....Get this:
I go to the school and meet with the teacher in his room that afternoon as planned, and the principal, Mr.___ and another male teacher. WTF?? Is this a courtroom?
To make the story short - my son got the C because he wouldn't stop talking after he finished his classroom work. I asked how many times was he told to stop, the teacher didn't know specifically, but said "several times". I asked was he sent to the prinipals office.."no". I asked did anyone try and contact me so I could speak with my son about it at home..."no".
So I said..so what your saying is, is my sons punishment is to lower his grade?
Before he could answer, I withdrew papers from my sons algebra folder..showing 100's, 98's etc. etc. howmework paper after paper. I showed equal marks on his tests and quizzes.
So I asked a different question, this time to the principal.."is it this schools policy that the only disciplinary action taken is to lower a childs grade"?
This went on for about 3-4 minutes.

At the end of it all, my sons C stayed. He received good grades after that, but only because I spoke with him about talking in class.

Last edited:

I believe he made that clear earlier in the thread. I've no doubt that it's an inclusion situation, but I believe Samson's contention is that it's just reasonable for this type of feedback for any student. He happens to be arguing on his son's behalf, not for the whole school-though that would be ideal as I understand him.
I read back over the first few pages and see that he apparently made that clear to you in a pm.

If this is truly the case his methods are still more idiotic, imo. The vast majority of teachers would be willing to make exceptions for special needs children and work with the parents...to the point of sending home a lot of feedback, if asked and in many cases if not asked.

I am still convinced that Samson has an innate hatred for public employees and is merely aggravating them for sport.

I go to the school and meet with the teacher in his room that afternoon as planned, and the principal, Mr.___ and another male teacher. WTF?? Is this a courtroom?

In many ways it is indeed, a courtroom.

When you complain, or have "a concern," or issue, or whatever, with a private business, usually you simply take your business elsewhere.

However, the public school is a PUBLIC BUSINESS, i.e. YOU are one of the owners. You are part of the "jury" in your courtroom analogy. The teacher is the defendant. The principal is her attorney. The student is the plaintiff. You also play the role of the plaintiff's attorney.

Student Plaintiff's are easily discredited...you must have overwhelming evidence to support whatever case you bring against the defendant (teacher). Teachers normally count on the student's inability to gather evidence, and therefore don't bother keeping any evidence of their own. This is despite principals' strenuous urging to DOCUMENT EVERYTHING. So if the Plaintiff's Attorney (Parents) ever are able to present detailed evidence, they will nearly always win their case.

When you complain, or have "a concern," or issue, or whatever, with a private business, usually you simply take your business elsewhere.

However, the public school is a PUBLIC BUSINESS, i.e. YOU are one of the owners. You are part of the "jury" in your courtroom analogy. The teacher is the defendant. The principal is her attorney. The student is the plaintiff. You also play the role of the plaintiff's attorney.

Student Plaintiff's are easily discredited...you must have overwhelming evidence to support whatever case you bring against the defendant (teacher). Teachers normally count on the student's inability to gather evidence, and therefore don't bother keeping any evidence of their own. This is despite principals' strenuous urging to DOCUMENT EVERYTHING. So if the Plaintiff's Attorney (Parents) ever are able to present detailed evidence, they will nearly always win their case.

What are you babbling about?

Oh and nearly every state has a freedom of choice when it comes to school, and you can take your "business" to another district if your unhappy with your current one.

If you are one of the owners of this public school which you claim is a "public business" then what the hell is stopping you from firing everyone and anyone that does not answer to your demands?
I own 3 businesses and that is the way my business, a "public business" and ALL businesses are run.
You need to know though that in civil actions you never have to have overwhelming evidence ever to win. A jury is charged that all you need to prove is a preponderance of the evidence which is
.0000000000000000000000000001 more evidence than the other guy to win.

I couldn't figure this out, he is good in math and early algebra is as easy as putting a 10 pc puzzle together.
So I try again...nothing. It ends up this teacher doesn't like email so he doesn't use it. Ok then WTF is it doing there?
So I call the school and ask to speak to the principal. After playing 30 questions, finally I get through, I respectfully ask to set a meet time with the teacher about my sons grade. I gave him my cell phone.
I call again...I get this "well Mr. ___" has been really busy and hasn't had the time yet".
I insist....Get this:
To make the story short - my son got the C because he wouldn't stop talking after he finished his classroom work. I asked how many times was he told to stop, the teacher didn't know specifically, but said "several times". I asked was he sent to the prinipals office.."no". I asked did anyone try and contact me so I could speak with my son about it at home..."no".
Before he could answer, I withdrew papers from my sons algebra folder..showing 100's, 98's etc. etc. howmework paper after paper. I showed equal marks on his tests and quizzes.
So I asked a different question, this time to the principal.."is it this schools policy that the only disciplinary action taken is to lower a childs grade"?

At the end of it all, my sons C stayed. He received good grades after that, but only because I spoke with him about talking in class.

THAT I would have taken to the school board. Grades are for achievement, not behavior. There should be a reflection of poor behavior on report card, not via the achievement grade. Detention would be fine. I'd be more concerned why your son had the 'free time' to be talking so much. Placement sounds wrong.

I insist....Get this:

THAT I would have taken to the school board. Grades are for achievement, not behavior. There should be a reflection of poor behavior on report card, not via the achievement grade. Detention would be fine. I'd be more concerned why your son had the 'free time' to be talking so much. Placement sounds wrong.

I could tell a dozen or more stories similar to this about what happened to my 3 kids with a combined 36 years in government schools.
You have to know when and where to pick your battles.
The same goes with LIFE.

Forum List

Back