Zone1 I have a friend who may be in trouble

Run away, run far, far away.
No need. She has cut off all contact for now. And believe me, I do not fall for scams. I've been working on a little booklet detailing internet scams and how they work hoping maybe Amazon might publish it as a free e-book or something. It's getting to be epidemic.

If it gains any legs I might do one on the telephone scams next but I digress.

It is just in my nature to give people information they need and if she decides to contact me--she usually does after cutting me off for awhile--I want to be able to give her accurate information and not propaganda.

No need. She has cut off all contact for now. And believe me, I do not fall for scams. I've been working on a little booklet detailing internet scams and how they work hoping maybe Amazon might publish it as a free e-book or something. It's getting to be epidemic.

It is just in my nature to give people information they need and if she decides to contact me--she usually does after cutting me off for awhile--I want to be able to give her accurate information and not propaganda.
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

That Lightning Church thing looks like serious bad news.

Scientology level bad news.

It is not legitimate.

This has many sources with information at the bottom.

Yes I found that site too.

The thing is, an organization fraudulently disguising itself as a 'church' would not hesitate to claim persecution by the CPP in order to gain sympathy or acceptance. So is it actually outlawed in China and persecuted there? Or is that just the claim? For sure the CCP is not Christian and puts severe restrictions on religious groups that are allowed to be there, including Christians. Evangelizing of any kind is not allowed. Distributing Bibles outside a congregation is not allowed. So if this group is attacking the CCP they could get pretty militant for sure.

But is that the case? I don't know. Getting accurate information is tough.

Yes I found that site too.

The thing is, an organization fraudulently disguising itself as a 'church' would not hesitate to claim persecution by the CPP in order to gain sympathy or acceptance. So is it actually outlawed in China and persecuted there? Or is that just the claim? For sure the CCP is not Christian and puts severe restrictions on religious groups that are allowed to be there, including Christians. Evangelizing of any kind is not allowed. Distributing Bibles outside a congregation is not allowed. So if this group is attacking the CCP they could get pretty militant for sure.

But is that the case? I don't know. Getting accurate information is tough.
There's links from foreign governments at that link. If necessary you could translate the pages to see what they say.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

That Lightning Church thing looks like serious bad news.

Scientology level bad news.
I agree. But there are reams of information about Scientology from very credible sources. It's really hard to find credible sources--at least sources I can pretty much trust to try to get it right--that discuss this particular organization.

Every instinct I have is that this a cult and likely is dangerous. I just want to know for sure as there are as many positive articles out there about it as there are accusatory ones.

I like your book ideas. BTW, if you go to their site, the very first pop up you see is a scam. it's a "Connect with us on messenger" request with a nice big green button. That's the bait. The rest of the site are videos, books, Christian songs and stuff (although they claim very vehemently not to be Christians).

I like your book ideas. BTW, if you go to their site, the very first pop up you see is a "Connect with us on messenger" request with a nice big green button. That's the bait. The rest of the site are videos, books, Christian songs and stuff (although they claim very vehemently not to be Christians).
Yes I know. It looks entirely innocuous. But I still get a really bad feeling about it.

I agree. But there are reams of information about Scientology from very credible sources. It's really hard to find credible sources--at least sources I can pretty much trust to try to get it right--that discuss this particular organization.

Every instinct I have is that this a cult and likely is dangerous. I just want to know for sure as there are as many positive articles out there about it as there are accusatory ones.
Trust your instincts. I wouldn't trust the CCP Minister of Truth, though.

Trust your instincts. I wouldn't trust the CCP Minister of Truth, though.
That's it. I don't trust ANYTHING put out by the CCP but I also know a smart scammer would know that is the case and could use it to his advantage. So I'm not ready to trust but verify anything. I want to verify first. LOL

My 'friend' messaged me this night before last just before she blocked me:
"I pray you don’t need my help someday. . .I will pray for you .We have entered the end of days. God is back to judge us ,educate up. We are now in the age of kingdom. He is working in China. You might want to download the app Church of Almighty God. Not the Bible not Jesus. There is a new sealed book. I’m in a online Bible study. New Mexico. You may join on messenger."

She doesn't see the disconnect that this 'church' isn't about the Bible or Jesus but she's in a Bible study.

My 'friend' messaged me this night before last just before she blocked me:
"I pray you don’t need my help someday. . .I will pray for you .We have entered the end of days. God is back to judge us ,educate up. We are now in the age of kingdom. He is working in China. You might want to download the app Church of Almighty God. Not the Bible not Jesus. There is a new sealed book. I’m in a online Bible study. New Mexico. You may join on messenger."

She doesn't see the disconnect that this 'church' isn't about the Bible or Jesus but she's in a Bible study.
No, they are not about Christianity at all in fact, they shun Christianity and believe that Jesus is yesterday's 'god' they say we are now in a new age and a woman in their Church is the return of an updated Jesus. (as far as I can tell from their on line gibberish) They are known for opposing the CCP and the CCP doesn't like them although China harbors multiple religions even though they are officially atheist.

Last edited:
Interesting subject. I never knew they existed. I think they are political & predatory.
I had never heard of them either until that messenger clip she sent me night before last. And trying to get reliable information since then has not been easy. Well it's after midnight here and I'll sleep on it. Have appreciated the participation on this thread. It generally results in better conclusions if we get a lot of different perspectives. Good night for now.

I think you may be right. But I am having a hard time finding good information from trustworthy sources to know.

They are in the underground because they are in the hair-cross pointer of the Chinese government. I think the Chinese government is perhaps not wrong in case of this organisation. Perhaps they are really criminals.

One thing is for sure totally clear: When the Messiah really will come back then everyone will know. Today he did not come back - so I guess perhaps tomorrow he will come back.

They are in the underground because they are in the hair-cross pointer of the Chinese government. I think the Chinese government is perhaps not wrong in case of this organisation. Perhaps they are really criminals.

One thing is for sure totally clear: When the Messiah really will come back then everyone will know. Today he did not come back - so I guess perhaps tomorrow he will come back.
Well if we go by Biblical prophecy, I can't find any scripture that suggests that he'll come back as a Chinese woman who is the mistress to some powerful entity. :)

Forum List

Back