I hate sports!

So repetitive, so boring, so mindless, so utterly unimportant.

And no, I don't apologize.

Real men don't waste time with sports. They're a childhood pastime, a hobby. Adult men who play professional sports are like overgrown teenagers, and their fans are cuckolded beta losers.

The truth hurts, doesn't it.

Why are you here? I think there is a cooking site you would be interested in some where on this board.
I like to cook as well as play ball. Are you some kind of idiot?

Does dfens ever come back and reply to the comments in his threads?

Or does he just post inflammatory bullshit and bail? There is a word for that sort of poster.

Oh come on

Real men don't waste time with sports. They're a childhood pastime, a hobby. Adult men who play professional sports are like overgrown teenagers, and their fans are cuckolded beta losers.

You don't keep up with Curling, do you? The suspense! The athletics! The Hyperbole!

The Duke Stress

The Duke University men's college basketball team, under the leadership of Coach K, has won the national title in 1991, 1992, 2001, 2010, and 2015, becoming one of a handful of teams to have won at least 5 titles in the history of the field (UCLA, Kentucky, Indiana).

The so-called 'Cameron Crazies' (the nickname given to the adoring and devoted Duke fans who show up at every home game at Duke's wondrous Cameron Indoor Stadium), make Duke games nearly impossible for opponents and very exciting for televised collegiate sports.

Even if you HATE sports, you have to admit that Duke basketball is America's equivalent of Eurodisney...

====

BILAS: Do you know how many faithful Duke fans come dressed up (in blue) to Cameron?
COACH K: We arguably have the best fans in all of sports.
BILAS: Television has made the 'Cameron Crazies' famous.
COACH K: They really are like the Mummers (in some ways).
BILAS: It's good for youngsters to see televised fanfare for collegiate athletics.
COACH K: Yes, it promotes scholar-athlete praise.
BILAS: It's been an honor for me to both play for Duke and serve as a TV commentator.
COACH K: I hope I'll be remembered as the Vince Lombardi of Duke basketball.
BILAS: Television just may assure that...
COACH K: The biggest threat now to national fanfare is terrorism.
BILAS: We all remember Munich and now there's a film called Munich.
COACH K: Americans appreciate cultural intrigue.

====

Jay Bilas (Wikipedia)

Duke Website

duke.jpg

duke2.jpg

Real men don't waste time with sports. They're a childhood pastime, a hobb3y. Adult men who play professional sports are like overgrown teenagers, and their fans are cuckolded beta losers.

Why are you here? I think there is a cooking site you would be interested in some where on this board.

So? What is your point?

Real men don't waste time with sports. They're a childhood pastime, a hobb3y. Adult men who play professional sports are like overgrown teenagers, and their fans are cuckolded beta losers.

So? What is your point?
Cooking and sports can coexist as the areas of interest in one's life.

The Duke Stress

The Duke University men's college basketball team, under the leadership of Coach K, has won the national title in 1991, 1992, 2001, 2010, and 2015, becoming one of a handful of teams to have won at least 5 titles in the history of the field (UCLA, Kentucky, Indiana).

The so-called 'Cameron Crazies' (the nickname given to the adoring and devoted Duke fans who show up at every home game at Duke's wondrous Cameron Indoor Stadium), make Duke games nearly impossible for opponents and very exciting for televised collegiate sports.

Even if you HATE sports, you have to admit that Duke basketball is America's equivalent of Eurodisney...

====

BILAS: Do you know how many faithful Duke fans come dressed up (in blue) to Cameron?
COACH K: We arguably have the best fans in all of sports.
BILAS: Television has made the 'Cameron Crazies' famous.
COACH K: They really are like the Mummers (in some ways).
BILAS: It's good for youngsters to see televised fanfare for collegiate athletics.
COACH K: Yes, it promotes scholar-athlete praise.
BILAS: It's been an honor for me to both play for Duke and serve as a TV commentator.
COACH K: I hope I'll be remembered as the Vince Lombardi of Duke basketball.
BILAS: Television just may assure that...
COACH K: The biggest threat now to national fanfare is terrorism.
BILAS: We all remember Munich and now there's a film called Munich.
COACH K: Americans appreciate cultural intrigue.

====

Jay Bilas (Wikipedia)

Duke Website

View attachment 106794

View attachment 106795

That was an interesting post....care to tell us what it means in retrospect to the OP?

So? What is your point?

So can sex and the back seat of your car...

So? What is your point?

So can sex and the back seat of your car...
That was YOU who was there, I knew I would find the pervert who soiled their blow up doll and left it deflated in the back seat of my car.

:laugh:

In other words, you got cut from the football team.

In other words, you got cut from the football team.

In the eighth grade.....

The word, "sports" encompasses a lot of very different things.

Professional (American) football and similar sports (baseball, basketball, hockey) are in fact a big, monopolistic businesses that provide gratifying fodder to people who merely watch them for the spectacles that they provide. As big businesses, they provide massive employment and revenue totaling many billions of dollars that both benefit the economy greatly. In addition to providing entertainment that "fans" find wonderful.

College "sports" have elements of Big Business, but also provide entertaining and valuable activities and pastimes for millions of participants and observers.

High school sports provide a welcome diversion for many students, as well as personal developmental programs for the participants. It provides a relatively harmless outlet for students who would otherwise be hoodlums or criminals (football).

Participant sports such as golf, bowling, tennis, pickle-ball, volleyball, club/adult soccer, club rugby, and martial arts, provide a healthy and entertaining diversion to people who want to combine exercise and skills competitions. And the great thing about many of them is that they can be continued well into old age, with real competition included, as well as an exercise benefit.

Masochistic sports, such as running, weight lifting, swimming, yoga, and fad things like Zumba, provide avenues for people who are more serious about physical conditioning, and have the willpower to actively work to maintain their fitness.

To say that you "hate sports" says more about you than it does about "sports."

Looks like the nut job abandoned the thread. I guess he really doesn't believe his own BS.

Translation you aren't athletic and you have low testosterone.

But but but sports are healthy, playing or performing a sport helps people both mentally and physically, be it Lacrosse, swimming, Fencing or Polo etc.
No one had to force me to go play when I was a kid. If a baseball basketball or football game was being played I was in.

Today we work out. We go to the gym and it's boring. If there was a pick up basketball or football game I'd much rather do that

so boring, so mindless, so utterly unimportant.
That's how I feel about the crap you posted.

Just because YOU give your opinion about how YOU feel about sports, that doesn't mean it's the truth dumbass. :cuckoo:

Last edited:

Just because YOU give your opinion about how YOU feel about sports, that doesn't mean it's the truth dumbass. :cuckoo:

So, Wildcard what is your take on sports....without the nasty remarks if you don't mind.

So, Wildcard what is your take on sports....without the nasty remarks if you don't mind.

They're fun to play and entertaining to watch.

Forum List

Back