After over 20 years....LA finally gets an NFL team

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
The new Los Angeles Chargers logo was officially revealed Thursday will still feature the same colors and portions of its famous lightning bolt used in San Diego, except with an L.A. twist sure to make Dodgers fans happy.

la.PNG

Unable to reach an agreement for a new stadium to keep the team in place, Chargers owner Dean Spanos announced Thursday that he will move the team to Los Angeles

Chargers debut new logo in addition to L.A. move

Two teams that have bounced back and forth out of Los Angles that haven't won a Super Bowl, were of course the Rams and the Chargers....The last Los Angles team to play in a Super Bowl was ....what .....the Raiders, 1984..... and won.

yeah I just heard it myself a few minutes ago.The writing was pretty much on the wall the last week for them. I always said that if there was another team to join them it would be the chargers and recently on another thread said there was a 50/50 chance it would happen this year.

Dean Spanos is an idiot thinking any Charger fans will drive down from SD to LA to support them. The majority of Charger fans that were polled in SD asking them if they would make the drive down there to support them most said they would not,and LA has no charger fans there at all.OC has only like 5% Charger fans.

Dean Spanos obviously does not care about having an empty stadium having what the Rams went through in st louis the majority of the time they were there all those years of half empty stadiums with the majority of fans being from the opposing team.same exact same thing will happen with the chargers there in LA.

Spanos is too stupid to understand that was WHY they left LA after their first year in existance was they could not compete with the Rams in attendance.

That year even though the Chargers went 8-4 and made it to the playoffs as far as to the AFC title game,they only averaged crowds of just over 11,000 where the Rams that same season even though they went 4-7-1,they averaged crowds of over 77,000 that season.

Here is an actual quote of the then owner of the chargers talking about that.

"The Rams were so popular in Los Angeles that the upstart Chargers chose to relocate to San Diego rather than attempt to compete with the immensely popular Rams. The Los Angeles Times put the Chargers plight as such: "Hilton [the Chargers owner at the time] quickly realized that taking on the Rams in L.A. was like beating his head against the wall."

Here is what I was talking about earlier of how there are no Charger fans in LA.
an LA times poll asked NFL fans who they wanted back the most and the Chargers were at the very bottom of their list between the Rams,Raiders,and Chargers.

Which NFL team would you like to see come to L.A.?

Last edited:
LA's had lotsa teams...history dictates they won't be there long.

History of the CHARGERS in LA dictates that for sure no doubt.:thup: I have said this a thousand times,LA is not like new york where it DOES work having two teams because they already have USC and UCLA to cheer for. Two teams in LA has never worked,NEVER will as idiot spanos will find out. The NFL righted a wrong bringing the Rams back to LA where they belong now they just screwed it up all over again letting the Chargers join them.:rolleyes: Had it been the Rams and only the Rams it would have worked,now they have fucked things up ROYALLY.way to go NFL.you never learn from your mistakes.:clap2:

Well they wont be able to go back to San Diego unfortunately when they bomb in LA because here is the thing that no one around here is aware of I am sure.

After the Rams left LA in 95 for st louis and then the Oilers left Houston one year later in 96 for Memphis,the NFL came up with NFL relocation rules that make it much, much more difficult for teams to relocate to another city,one of them being that a team cannot leave a major market like LA for a smaller market like st louis anymore or go from a major one like Houston to Memphis.

The NFL networks were angry as hell about that back then when that happened because they lost big time money when that happened back then so they have guidelines in place now they did not have back then where they cannot go to a smaller market anymore.sucks for all the charger fans,they wont get their team back like the Ram fans in LA did.I feel really bad for them because of that.

Even if the chargers become superbowl contenders this year,nobody will show up. The one year the Chargers were in LA even though they went 8-4 and advanced in the playoffs to the AFC title game they only averaged crowds of just 11,000 where the Rams that same year had crowds over 77,000 even though they went just 4-8-1.That was why they moved to san diego cause they could not compete with the Rams in attendance.they have passion for the Rams and only the Rams,not the chargers,not the raiders.

so when they bomb in attendance out there,they cant go to someplace like st louis,they would have to go to new york or england when the NFL expands there someday.lol

Dean Spanos will join those other evil bastards in hell who gave their fans the middle finger l as well.Bud Adams of the oilers,Bill Bidwell of the cardinals,Irsey of the colts,Al Davis of the Raiders and last but not least for sure,Georgia Frontiere of the Rams.

Last edited:
the chargers playing in SD even if they win,it will be the same thing as if here in kansas city where it is chiefs country.Had the Rams not left for LA this past year and were moving and they came to kansas city and played in their stadium NOBODY would show up for those games even if they were winners because kansas city is CHIEFS country.

Long time Chiefs fans arfe not going to stop going to chiefs games all of a sudden and then go to Rams games instead just cause the Rams are winners.their team is the Chiefs and they wont switch.same thing with Ram fans out there.

as i said,two teams in LA has NEVER worked,never will.congrats NFL for proving the NFL is run by a bunch of idiots as always approving something like this.:clap: No surprise,the fact these morons were dumb enough to allow the Rams to leave LA in the first place at one time,:rolleyes:

here in this link is a great article from back in 1960 on the chargers then owner talking about why he moved the team to SD cause he could not compete with the Rams in attendance despite going 8-4 and making the playoffs and as far as the AFC title game and the Rams that same year just going 4-7-1.:thup:

Barron Hilton's Chargers turned short stay into long-term success
Hilton quickly realized that taking on the Rams in L.A. was like beating his head against the wall

Last edited:
Los(t) Angeles is getting TWO NFL teams -- (1) Rams and (2) Chargers.

They both suck.

They will have a hard time selling tickets.

Thus they are both doomed.

If they cannot make money in L.A. they will need to go somewhere else -- probably back to San Diego and/or St. Louis.

the chargers playing in SD even if they win,it will be the same thing as if here in kansas city where it is chiefs country.Had the Rams not left for LA this past year and were moving and they came to kansas city and played in their stadium NOBODY would show up for those games even if they were winners because kansas city is CHIEFS country.

Long time Chiefs fans arfe not going to stop going to chiefs games all of a sudden and then go to Rams games instead just cause the Rams are winners.their team is the Chiefs and they wont switch.same thing with Ram fans out there.

as i said,two teams in LA has NEVER worked,never will.congrats NFL for proving the NFL is run by a bunch of idiots as always approving something like this.:clap: No surprise,the fact these morons were dumb enough to allow the Rams to leave LA in the first place at one time,:rolleyes:
KC has always been Chiefs country. I doubt this will ever change.

KC has always been Chiefs country. I doubt this will ever change.

uh as always,my post went over your head.

The Chargers will play in a stadium in Los Angles that has 30K seats....30K? WTF is wrong with both the Chargers and the NFL? Unless they charge $30 a beer they will be financially under before the end of the season. In fact LA Chargers fans will have to out of their mind to go to a stadium that only seats 30K over until a new stadium is built.

On top of all that as well on the chargers playing in front of just 30,000 fans IF they get lucky,

"that is a major if,I would bet around 11,000 same as 1960 when they were there,"

If they are afraid of what i been saying to be true that no Charger fans will show up to see games in LA "which has got to be the case since they are playing in such a small venue:biggrin:." If the chargers are expecting small crowds there which appears to be the case,then WHY go into Inglewood in play in front of an 80,000 seat capacity?:cuckoo:

they will go through the exact same thing the Rams did when they were in st louis the majority of their time there other than when Warner and Faulk were there and they were good which is play in front of a half empty stadium in Inglewood with the majority of the fans being from the opposing team and will only be lucky if they have more than 11,000 fans or so while in Stub Hub while waiting to move in with the Rams.

This is the NFL's most asinine thing they have done since allowing the Rams to leave LA 21 years ago.Jesus Christ.

a san diego fan said it best recently-Its all about the fucking money.

Fuck you Dean Spanos and the NFL.:fu: Spanos can burn in hell with Georgia Frontier.Al Davis,and Robert Irsey. for me the Chargers dont exist anymore same as the Rams did not the past 21 years.

Last edited:
Was listening to a SoCal station. 30,000 seats is pretty small, lots of Charger fans said they would make the drive to LA and watch the Chargers. Spanish is a terrible owner and San Diego sure didn't want them. The big TV cut will help the Chargers until they get into Inglewood.

The new Los Angeles Chargers logo was officially revealed Thursday will still feature the same colors and portions of its famous lightning bolt used in San Diego, except with an L.A. twist sure to make Dodgers fans happy.

View attachment 106411

Unable to reach an agreement for a new stadium to keep the team in place, Chargers owner Dean Spanos announced Thursday that he will move the team to Los Angeles

Looks like a gang logo.

View attachment 106411

Looks like a gang logo.
Blue & white = Crips.

Read about this this morning I think......or was it yesterday? lol Anyway, it was then that I realized I really do not care. Even a little.

This was a great speech given by San Diego mayor Kevin Faulkner in this video here.

“Dean Spanos made a bad decision and he will regret it,” said Faulconer
Faulconer said the Chargers wouldn’t find a fan base of equal caliber in Los Angeles.:thup:
Faulconer says Chargers will regret leaving San Diego

He nailed it.He said it so well what i been saying that the Chargers will never get the fan support in LA they enjoyed for 55 years in SD.well done,good speech Kevin.:thup: He said it so well when he said asshole Spanos and the Chargers will eventually regret moving the team out there same as Al Davis did. :thup:

When the Raiders were there It was only thugs and gang members that embraced the Raiders out there in LA for the most part so they had half empty stadiums all the time.Because of that Davis eventually regretted the decision saying he missed the roar of the loud crowds in Oakland. Same will happen with spanos,he will regret leaving after seeing the small 10,000 or so fans show up in LA to see Charger games.

May you enjoy burning in hell spanos along with al davis and georgia frontiere.:thup:

there are tens of hundreds more Raider fans in LA than there are charger fans yet idiot spanos thinks they will all of a sudden change their loyalty to the raiders and come out and see the chargers or a lot of charger fans will drive to LA to see them? what a moron.

The Rams lost a fair portion of their fanbase when they moved out of LA to Anaheim which is only like a 30 minute drive. SD to LA is 2 hours yet he thinks they will show up? stupid ass moron indeed.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back