I HATE fantasy football, everyone who plays it, and EVERY FanDuel/Draft Kings commercial

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
This may not be the right forum....or might be since it's a current event...I don't care. I HATE FANTASY FOOTBALL. If you play it...I hate you for it. And I hate every God damn FanDuel and DraftKings commercial. We are bombarded with that bullshit...every TV show...every radio...all day. They've changed NFL rules to cater to the losers who play this nonsense.

1- Every fantasy football commercial shows some chubby douche bag from Jersey or Ohio who won his millions in "winnings". He's not you. He's an actor. He won $50,000...and spent $60,000 and sold his grandma's wedding ring for cash because he's sure he picked the perfect team this week.

2- Your team sucks. It must. Fantasy players don't root for their favorite team. They root for their stupid fantasy team...which will probably lose to Nancy...the obese bitch in the office who picked her team based on which ones had the coolest names.

Fantasy football is basically this. Middle aged losers sitting around some shitty sports bar drinking beer.....acting Iike they know football and getting angry and crying over their mythical fantasy team.

You losers are one step below the Dungeons and Dragons nerds. At least those guys aren't posers. Pick a favorite team...an ENTIRE team....and root for that team. Not the "Beer Battered Buckeyes" fantasy team you got on FanDuel. Hit the gym and lose that beer gut. Stop being a 30-40 year old douche pretending you're an NFL team owner.

Last edited:
Can't get through one freaking quarter of a good college or pro ball game (you know....ones where the score is on the actual scoreboard).....without seeing some dipshit moron on FanDuel saying "Durp da durr....I won 5000 billion dollars after investing 30 cents by playing FanDuel and so can you".

Of course....a few million fat posers in the Midwest and Jersey will think "Whoa...my fantasy drafting skills are awesome bro....I know I could win 5 trillion dollars playing fantasy football! I'm quitting my job and dumping my girlfriend to start my fantasy pro football career!!"

HaHa, I can sympathize. When I played Fantasy Football it occupied my entire Sunday, Monday night and Thursday night. I feel ashamed to say I did it for a dozen years before I decided that Sundays used to be a lot more fun when I was out playing somewhere instead of stuck in front of television. I wouldn't do it again if someone gave me a 110 inch 4k hi def with surround sound.

Now if I could just cut down on baseball and basketball....and hockey.....

HaHa, I can sympathize. When I played Fantasy Football it occupied my entire Sunday, Monday night and Thursday night. I feel ashamed to say I did it for a dozen years before I decided that Sundays used to be a lot more fun when I was out playing somewhere instead of stuck in front of television. I wouldn't do it again if someone gave me a 110 inch 4k hi def with surround sound.

Glad you saw the light and stopped.

Guys at work tried to get me to join a league. I asked why??? I'm a fan of the SC Gameocks, Furman Paladins and Atlanta Falcons. Those teams already have owners and coaches....and players and I'm only rooting for them.

They talked about how fun it was to go to Wild Wings and drink beer and take their laptops to keep up with how their teams are doing. Yes...the guys taking up 8 tables with their laptops...fantasizing about how their fake team the "East Coast Butterballs" are doing vs some fat ass on a computer in Wisconsin.

No thanks.

Can't get through one freaking quarter of a good college or pro ball game (you know....ones where the score is on the actual scoreboard).....without seeing some dipshit moron on FanDuel saying "Durp da durr....I won 5000 billion dollars after investing 30 cents by playing FanDuel and so can you".

Of course....a few million fat posers in the Midwest and Jersey will think "Whoa...my fantasy drafting skills are awesome bro....I know I could win 5 trillion dollars playing fantasy football! I'm quitting my job and dumping my girlfriend to start my fantasy pro football career!!"

All professional sports are rigged. Anyone that doesn't understand the monopolistic organization of these cartels and how they share profits are engineered for one goal only, to increase fan participation and viewership. There is no real legitimate competition and sport involved.

The Undeniable Truth as it Relates to Professional Sports
THE PROOF: Five Facts - The Fix Is In

With all of this being true, what then is preventing a league -- or all of the leagues -- from fixing the outcome of their own games to maximize profit and revenue which is the very reason why they put on these exhibitions?

The short answer is obvious: Nothing.
THE FIX IS IN: Rigged Games in the NFL NBA NHL NASCAR & MLB Baseball - The Great Sports Conspiracy

IOW, as the federal courts have ruled, if the leagues want to fix their own games, there is no law that says they can't.

Kind of like the major mainstream politicking done by the CFR and the two major parties. :badgrin:

All professional sports are rigged. Anyone that doesn't understand the monopolistic organization of these cartels and how they share profits are engineered for one goal only, to increase fan participation and viewership. There is no real legitimate competition and sport involved.

With all of this being true, what then is preventing a league -- or all of the leagues -- from fixing the outcome of their own games to maximize profit and revenue which is the very reason why they put on these exhibitions?

THE FIX IS IN: Rigged Games in the NFL NBA NHL NASCAR & MLB Baseball - The Great Sports Conspiracy

IOW, as the federal courts have ruled, if the leagues want to fix their own games, there is no law that says they can't.

I don't think the NFL rigs who wins or loses. But they ABSOLUTELY rig who the star players will be. Rules protect pretty boy quarterbacks and rules allow receivers to rack up yards and scores.

The NFL knows casual fans will enjoy a 49-42 game with the stars being two cover model quarterbacks and flash dancing wide reciever. They won't as much enjoy a 10-7 game where the stars are massive defensive players with tattoos and dreads and bad attitudes.

I don't think the NFL rigs who wins or loses. But they ABSOLUTELY rig who the star players will be. Rules protect pretty boy quarterbacks and rules allow receivers to rack up yards and scores.

The NFL knows casual fans will enjoy a 49-42 game with the stars being two cover model quarterbacks and flash dancing wide reciever. They won't as much enjoy a 10-7 game where the stars are massive defensive players with tattoos and dreads and bad attitudes.

Unless you read the page and understand how the NFL profit shares, I can't have a discussion with you.

Unless you read the page and understand how the NFL profit shares, I can't have a discussion with you.

I didnt read it. But...I don't disagree. Lots of shadiness in the NFL.

I know almost zilch about football and absolutely zilch about fantasy sports

This is gambling. Only the states can run lotteries I thought. Why aren't the owners and players in jail?

This may not be the right forum....or might be since it's a current event...I don't care. I HATE FANTASY FOOTBALL. If you play it...I hate you for it. And I hate every God damn FanDuel and DraftKings commercial. We are bombarded with that bullshit...every TV show...every radio...all day. They've changed NFL rules to cater to the losers who play this nonsense.

1- Every fantasy football commercial shows some chubby douche bag from Jersey or Ohio who won his millions in "winnings". He's not you. He's an actor. He won $50,000...and spent $60,000 and sold his grandma's wedding ring for cash because he's sure he picked the perfect team this week.

2- Your team sucks. It must. Fantasy players don't root for their favorite team. They root for their stupid fantasy team...which will probably lose to Nancy...the obese bitch in the office who picked her team based on which ones had the coolest names.

Fantasy football is basically this. Middle aged losers sitting around some shitty sports bar drinking beer.....acting Iike they know football and getting angry and crying over their mythical fantasy team.

You losers are one step below the Dungeons and Dragons nerds. At least those guys aren't posers. Pick a favorite team...an ENTIRE team....and root for that team. Not the "Beer Battered Buckeyes" fantasy team you got on FanDuel. Hit the gym and lose that beer gut. Stop being a 30-40 year old douche pretending you're an NFL team owner.
Hmmm. I'm in game right now that pays $20k for winning.
Here are the top ten.....This is just one of several events....
Fantasy Football, Fantasy Baseball, Fantasy Basketball and Fantasy Hockey - Daily Fantasy Sports | FanDuel

Instead of an illegal offshore book, I play Fan Duel. It's a replacement for the betting. I started with a mere $25 in my account. I now have close to $100. It's very simple really. I choose players. Find a game and enter my lineup....All 100% legitimate.
I get it. You are irritated by the commercials. So am I...I don't watch them. In fact, here's a piece of friendly advice. The Mute button on the remote is your best friend.
I have a favorite NFL team ( Giants).. I do not use players in games involving the Giants. Same goes for MLB....I am a Mets fan. Don't use their players either or the players on the team they are facing.
I know lots of people whop are sports bettors. Some of them do not have favorite teams. So what?.....
Finally...I like beer and sports bars.
Problem?

Guys at work tried to get me to join a league. I asked why??? I'm a fan of the SC Gameocks, Furman Paladins and Atlanta Falcons. Those teams already have owners and coaches....and players and I'm only rooting for them.

They talked about how fun it was to go to Wild Wings and drink beer and take their laptops to keep up with how their teams are doing. Yes...the guys taking up 8 tables with their laptops...fantasizing about how their fake team the "East Coast Butterballs" are doing vs some fat ass on a computer in Wisconsin.

No thanks.
The lap top people piss me off because they appear to be attempting to look important.
Last year, I was at a sports bar. Nice place. And these geeks had an entire section of the bar "reserved" for them and their laptops. They spent more time pissing and moaning about the wifi not being fast enough.
We know the bartenders fairly well. Our bartender told the waitress to tell them to "stuff it" when the fantasy geeks bitched for the 450th time about the wifi.....
BTW, most of them are what we( I batended for 5 years) in the food and bev industry as "table squatters".....These are people who order a pitcher of beer that costs ten bucks and nurse it for 4 hours. Then there are the ones who think because they ordered a beer and a burger they have the right to sit there all day. Then they stiff the bartenders and servers...
So yeah. I see your gripe as legit. However, you are describing the extremists. It really pisses me off how self important these pricks can be.

Oh please......Fox and the grapes.

Fantasy Football, Fantasy Baseball, Fantasy Basketball and Fantasy Hockey - Daily Fantasy Sports | FanDuel

Instead of an illegal offshore book, I play Fan Duel. It's a replacement for the betting. I started with a mere $25 in my account. I now have close to $100. It's very simple really. I choose players. Find a game and enter my lineup....All 100% legitimate.
I get it. You are irritated by the commercials. So am I...I don't watch them. In fact, here's a piece of friendly advice. The Mute button on the remote is your best friend.
I have a favorite NFL team ( Giants).. I do not use players in games involving the Giants. Same goes for MLB....I am a Mets fan. Don't use their players either or the players on the team they are facing.
I know lots of people whop are sports bettors. Some of them do not have favorite teams. So what?.....
Problem?

Problem? Yes.

1. It's ruined the NFL. It's now all about fantasy football.
2. Fantasy football is mostly fat white middle aged losers in the Midwest living vicariously through their silly leagues....and I have a right to be disgusted by it.
3. It's gambling. But claims not to be. Therefore...it's already shady.
4. More people care about their goofy fantasy teams like "Bobby Booger Brigade" or the ferocious "Urbana Beer Keggers" than the actual NFL teams.

Sorry. But this shit is nothing but Dungeons and Dragons for adults. It's lame. And I'm sick to death of seeing these fat losers on TV.

Now....i suppose I should sign up to Fanduel....deposit $10...and by January I'll have $10,000,000 in "winnings"!! And maybe I'll also get to wear a generic football jersey as a grown man....grow a shitty beard and goofy smile....aquire some muffin top belly fat.....and be a fantasy champion!!

Problem?

Problem? Yes.

2. Fantasy football is mostly fat white middle aged losers in the Midwest living vicariously through their silly leagues....and I have a right to be disgusted by it.
4. More people care about their goofy fantasy teams like "Bobby Booger Brigade" or the ferocious "Urbana Beer Keggers" than the actual NFL teams.

Sorry. But this shit is nothing but Dungeons and Dragons for adults. It's lame. And I'm sick to death of seeing these fat losers on TV.

Now....i suppose I should sign up to Fanduel....deposit $10...and by January I'll have $10,000,000 in "winnings"!! And maybe I'll also get to wear a generic football jersey as a grown man....grow a shitty beard and goofy smile....aquire some muffin top belly fat.....and be a fantasy champion!!
Ok.....Tell me how you really feel....
Look, the NFL may not outwardly promote gambling but the league is well aware that wagering is one of the main factors that "moves the needle"...So the NFL brass collectively holds its nose.
Draft kings and fan duel ARE gambling. Then again so is speculating on stocks and commodities. its one big fat hypocrisy.
Because of my state of residence I cannot legally place a bet on a Horse Race, but I can take my life savings to a commodities broker and blow it on cattle futures.

No thanks.
The lap top people piss me off because they appear to be attempting to look important.
Last year, I was at a sports bar. Nice place. And these geeks had an entire section of the bar "reserved" for them and their laptops. They spent more time pissing and moaning about the wifi not being fast enough.
We know the bartenders fairly well. Our bartender told the waitress to tell them to "stuff it" when the fantasy geeks bitched for the 450th time about the wifi.....
BTW, most of them are what we( I batended for 5 years) in the food and bev industry as "table squatters".....These are people who order a pitcher of beer that costs ten bucks and nurse it for 4 hours. Then there are the ones who think because they ordered a beer and a burger they have the right to sit there all day. Then they stiff the bartenders and servers...
So yeah. I see your gripe as legit. However, you are describing the extremists. It really pisses me off how self important these pricks can be.

Oh please......Fox and the grapes.

YES!! Preaching to the choir man. I worked seasonal job at a place called Sports Cafe here. 75 big screens. They paid great for extra staff on football weekends. Anyway....yes...table squatters. 2 pitchers of beer and nachos....$10 tab...half would walk out on it...and never tip.

The fantasy losers were the worst. Same deal. They'd get there around 10 am to "set up". Often demanded whole sections to be blocked off so "our whole league can sit together". Look fag...you and your friends can sit together...first come first serve...like everyone else.

And YES....the wifi. They botched non stop. We told them to go to Starbucks....we served food and booze and show games on TV. That's what we do.

The saddest and most pathetic moments? Around 730....when the 430 games were ending...and the fantasy jackasses started realizing who would be losing....we actually had fights. Over the FANTASY games. Example....a Steelers fan and Giants fan...on a day when those actual teams didn't play each other and both won....would get into a real fist fight because they played each other in fantasy. And the "Chucktown Skull Crushers" apparently lost to the "Vandalay Industries Camel Toes" and shit got real!!

Problem?

Problem? Yes.

Ok.....Tell me how you really feel....
Look, the NFL may not outwardly promote gambling but the league is well aware that wagering is one of the main factors that "moves the needle"...So the NFL brass collectively holds its nose.
Draft kings and fan duel ARE gambling. Then again so is speculating on stocks and commodities. its one big fat hypocrisy.
Because of my state of residence I cannot legally place a bet on a Horse Race, but I can take my life savings to a commodities broker and blow it on cattle futures.

Yep. That's how I feel. Fantasy football is adult Dungeons and Dragons. Some people may play it casually. Fine. But the morons who take it serious...and sign up for shit like Fanduel...are fat losers with no gal or life and need to be mocked.

those commercials purposely target submissive beta males in a consumer society....they're about one level above "pajama boy"

So is Budweiser at fault for shitty football games?
Chevy?
Chunky Soup?

Blaming shitty football games on the advertising belongs in conspiracy forums.
There's always been shitty games.

And, yes I play fantasy football.
But I play for free and for fun.
I'm in four different leagues. I'm about 50/50 across the board.

Baseball fans can rattle off era and batting average stats on any player of their liking.

I like the research and in-depth analysis of different players across the league.
Why should I be locked in to only rooting for my favorite team? There's15 other games going on that I want to know what's going on

Forum List

Back