" I got a better deal through Obamacare"

In 3 months opposition to Obamacare has gone from 49% to 40%.

By election day it's going to be hugely popular.

According to the poll, 39% of Americans say they support the health care law, up from 35% in December, a record low in CNN polling. The uptick of four percentage points is within the survey's sampling error. Fifty-seven percent of those questioned say they oppose the measure, down five points from December.

CNN Poll: Support for Obamacare slightly edges up ? CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs
Yes. You are talking about support, while I was talking about opposition.

Pay attention, Trig!

Hmm... darn ciphering.

-Geaux

Begala: I got a better deal through Obamacare - CNN.com

The website, which received so much (well-deserved) negative publicity when it failed to launch, is now easy-peasy. The options it generated for us were more clearly delineated than those we'd been given in the past by a private-sector insurance broker. The benefits were plainly spelled out, as were the deductibles and co-pays. We are fortunate in that we do not need subsidies, and yet the Obama exchange still found us a better deal than we had found on our own.

Let me be clear: this was not a political statement. This is my family's health. If I got the best care by going through Sarah Palin's website I would do so. Besides, the business decisions in our family are made by my wife, who has both an MBA and a Masters in Public Administration. I haven't had a checkbook since the Reagan administration, but because this decision was so personal and consequential, we made it as a team.

In the end, it was not a tough choice. On the one hand, we got better coverage under the ACA. On the other, it cost less. I'm not exactly a believer in Republican talking points, but even I was surprised at how obviously superior my choices are under the new law

I call this............................

:bsflag:

I agree. Without subsidies it's extremely high cost.

The website, which received so much (well-deserved) negative publicity when it failed to launch, is now easy-peasy. The options it generated for us were more clearly delineated than those we'd been given in the past by a private-sector insurance broker. The benefits were plainly spelled out, as were the deductibles and co-pays. We are fortunate in that we do not need subsidies, and yet the Obama exchange still found us a better deal than we had found on our own.

Let me be clear: this was not a political statement. This is my family's health. If I got the best care by going through Sarah Palin's website I would do so. Besides, the business decisions in our family are made by my wife, who has both an MBA and a Masters in Public Administration. I haven't had a checkbook since the Reagan administration, but because this decision was so personal and consequential, we made it as a team.

In the end, it was not a tough choice. On the one hand, we got better coverage under the ACA. On the other, it cost less. I'm not exactly a believer in Republican talking points, but even I was surprised at how obviously superior my choices are under the new law

That is why the pubs had best get a majority, then implement legislation that reduces the amount of subsidy, and that will slowly kill the deal.

Reduce the subsidy is the first order of business

-Geaux

Without subsidies it's extremely high cost.

true

that portion would be what your employer would have paid

as part of a wage package

now it is the people down the street paying it

sounds like a real winner for the employer

As an unemployed person mine was $165.00 a month with a $10,000 deductible. Not a very good deal.

As an unemployed person mine was $165.00 a month with a $10,000 deductible. Not a very good deal.

No offense, but Obamacare was designed to punish those such as yourself who's insurance coverage levels were commensurate with their salary. Since your wages are absent, or low, it is your fault that your insurance coverage was not at the level of those who have a job, or earn more than you. But wait, your not alone, Obamcare also will punish the ones who are working 9-5 through higher insurance rates designed to be distributed among your demographic.

There were many other ways to help those in your situation. I would wager that folks in your demographic, likely do not place healthcare as a priority, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't. Food, rent, light bill, groceries are far more important. Without the basic nutrition required to sustain a basic level of health, the strain on the medical system will only increase.

I'm all for helping the needy-poor but let's spend our $$ where it makes sense. Giving healthcare to the poor is a low priority for me.

For the poor, Obamacre is like getting a free paint job on the car out front you can't afford to put gas in.

-Geaux

No offense, but Obamacare was designed to punish those such as yourself who's insurance coverage levels were commensurate with their salary. Since your wages are absent, or low, it is your fault that your insurance coverage was not at the level of those who have a job, or earn more than you. But wait, your not alone, Obamcare also will punish the ones who are working 9-5 through higher insurance rates designed to be distributed among your demographic.

There were many other ways to help those in your situation. I would wager that folks in your demographic, likely do not place healthcare as a priority, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't. Food, rent, light bill, groceries are far more important. Without the basic nutrition required to sustain a basic level of health, the strain on the medical system will only increase.

I'm all for helping the needy-poor but let's spend our $$ where it makes sense. Giving healthcare to the poor is a low priority for me.

For the poor, Obamacre is like getting a free paint job on the car out front you can't afford to put gas in.

-Geaux

and some of these plans

the guy would get to pay a 166 a month

then pay for his medical until the deductible is met

as well as out of pocket medical expenses

We paid American-hating Michelle Obama's College roommate over $600 million to develop the world's only website that can't track when people buy their product...and that's another Democrat success story

Hmmmkay

Despite spending millions on ads, the right is losing the debate. The latest Kaiser Family Fund poll shows that, even though the new health care law is still not popular, 59% of Americans want to keep the ACA as-is or modify it slightly. Only 18% want to repeal it altogether, and another 11% want to repeal it and replace it with a GOP alternative.

As more and more Americans actually deal with health reform firsthand, as they actually receive new rights and new benefits, and as the parade of right-wing horribles fails to materialize, I suspect support for the ACA will continue to grow.

Who are these Americans you speak of? Not one person I have talked to about this has anything good to say,as far as things not materializing,as you say,wonder how the millions that didn't get to keep what they wanted how will they vote this fall.,or the fact that prices havn't gone down,or the fact that they will never go down as promised,funny ,not one of the promises have materialized ether.

This midterm will make or break Obama care.

In spite of all their tantrums, the Republicans never did actually come up with an alternative to obamacare did they?

But 11 per cent would vote for the alternative, although it does not exist.

Despite spending millions on ads, the right is losing the debate. The latest Kaiser Family Fund poll shows that, even though the new health care law is still not popular, 59% of Americans want to keep the ACA as-is or modify it slightly. Only 18% want to repeal it altogether, and another 11% want to repeal it and replace it with a GOP alternative.

As more and more Americans actually deal with health reform firsthand, as they actually receive new rights and new benefits, and as the parade of right-wing horribles fails to materialize, I suspect support for the ACA will continue to grow.

Who are these Americans you speak of? Not one person I have talked to about this has anything good to say,as far as things not materializing,as you say,wonder how the millions that didn't get to keep what they wanted how will they vote this fall.,or the fact that prices havn't gone down,or the fact that they will never go down as promised,funny ,not one of the promises have materialized ether.

In spite of all their tantrums, the Republicans never did actually come up with an alternative to obamacare did they?

Why is a alternative, to something not needed, considered a requirement?

-Geaux

You mean their "Shut up and Die, Sucka!" plan?

whoa there, that's you Democrats/liberals motto, as you support and push ABORTION as women's rights...

Why don't you go to one of these job creators like Mitt and get a job???

Elections have consequences, right?

Ineptitude and stupidity do as well.

Fortunately Obamacare will be voted on again - this time by the people - via the midterm elections.

Go for it Republicans

Explain to 7 million people why you want to take away their health coverage

Come up with that alternative plan yet? Time is running out

You're an idiot.....
Please explain to me why We the People spent $650 million dollars on a broken web site to buy 7 million insurance policies?? That doesn't even include the $$$$$ for state web exchanges that don't work either. But it has your messiahs name on it so you'll defend it no matter what sort of problems it brings on people. You just hang around here spewing hatred and complaining. How about taking a day off around here and go volunteer helping out the poor you so worried about...Yeah didn't think that was ever a thought you've ever had. Put up or STFU...lazy troll...

Last edited:

Fortunately Obamacare will be voted on again - this time by the people - via the midterm elections.

Go for it Republicans

You're an idiot.....
Please explain to me why We the People spent $650 million dollars on a broken web site to buy 7 million insurance policies?? That doesn't even include the $$$$$ for state web exchanges that don't work either. But it has your messiahs name on it so you'll defend it no matter what sort of problems it brings on people. You just hang around here spewing hatred and complaining. How about taking a day off around here and go volunteer helping out the poor you so worried about...Yeah didn't think that was ever a thought you've ever had. Put up or STFU...lazy troll...
Stop watching FOX. It's rotting your brain.

No that's the Dems model. Just ask anyone applying for disability trying to get insurance.

Go for it Republicans

And, how many of those actually paid? And, how many of those were insured before? And, how many of those actually didn't have insurance prior???????

Go for it Republicans

You're an idiot.....
Stop watching FOX. It's rotting your brain.

When all you can do is attack the poster and not the facts, it really shows that you have nothing to offer. :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back