I finished a GREAT audiobook on the creation of the Israeli air force

I HIGHLY recommend it. A lot of righteous American played a major role in making it happen. Their significant contributions helped to save the fledgling Jewish state from annihilation by their Arab, totalitarian neighbors.

Angels in the Sky (2017)
As I understand it, "fledging Israel" had No American planes in 1948 or 1967.
Six-Day War - Wikipedia

After their spectacular showing in the latter war, planes and cooperation started happening quickly/big time.

`

The Israelis were able to obtain some American-made planes, but the U.S. government opposed providing Israel with anything. They obtained American-made transports and even four B-17 bombers. The Israelis bought "messerschmitt" fighters from Czechoslovakia and the parenthesis is there because the fighters being produced by the Czechs were lesser versions of the original with a heavier and lower-quality engine. They were NOT good aircraft. The advantage that the fledgling Israeli air force had, however, was experienced pilots. Their primary nemesis in the air, the Egyptians, did not. A lot of the Egyptian pilots were sons of the Egyptian elite. It was more of an honor to be a fighter pilot. A lot of them died for their vanity. Eventually, the Israelis were able to obtain Spitfires and two P51 Mustangs.

The Americans more then made up for that with their tremendous financial support later on.

I don't understand why Truman was willing to recognize Israel (U.S. was the first country to do so) but was unwilling to provide them with the means to defend themselves.

remember, the Arabs have had all the advantages and still lost--big time:
1. the battle area for Israel is very narrow--easily cut
2. Israel outnumbered in all areas: troops/tanks/population/etc
3. Israel was more or less ''surrounded''--Israel had many fronts to deal with
here, you can barely see Israel:

I don't remember the verse, but the bible talks about how God would make the Israelis fight "as many". If one is looking for anecdotal evidence of God, Israel is it.

remember, the Arabs have had all the advantages and still lost--big time:
1. the battle area for Israel is very narrow--easily cut
2. Israel outnumbered in all areas: troops/tanks/population/etc
3. Israel was more or less ''surrounded''--Israel had many fronts to deal with
here, you can barely see Israel:

I don't remember the verse, but the bible talks about how God would make the Israelis fight "as many". If one is looking for anecdotal evidence of God, Israel is it.
there is no god --no proof

there is no god --no proof

Israel winning in 1948 was a miracle.
they are not the first underdogs to win
...the VC/NVA beat the most powerful nation in the world--the US had naval and air superiority ...the US had a huge advantage with choppers for resupply, attack and movement..etc etc
....the Afghans beat the most powerful nation and also the Russians
...etc etc etc

Forum List

Back