I finished a GREAT audiobook on the creation of the Israeli air force

K9Buck

Platinum Member
Dec 25, 2009
I HIGHLY recommend it. A lot of righteous American played a major role in making it happen. Their significant contributions helped to save the fledgling Jewish state from annihilation by their Arab, totalitarian neighbors.

Angels in the Sky (2017)

69th Squadron Patishim

41199dc81bcdcf0fc70db530b286341a.jpg

s-l300.jpg

In 1948, the United States had an arms embargo against Israel (which lasted until 1967).

The American who help Israel buy AAC surplus B-17s for Israel did jail time for violating the embargo.

• Banned
In 1948, the United States had an arms embargo against Israel (which lasted until 1967).

The American who help Israel buy AAC surplus B-17s for Israel did jail time for violating the embargo.

Yea, he was later pardoned by W.

I HIGHLY recommend it. A lot of righteous American played a major role in making it happen. Their significant contributions helped to save the fledgling Jewish state from annihilation by their Arab, totalitarian neighbors.

Angels in the Sky (2017)

When I was in the air force I worked with a lot of our fighter pilots. I'd ask them who in all the world would they NOT want to go up against and the answer was almost always the Israelis.

Angels in the Sky (2017)

When I was in the air force I worked with a lot of our fighter pilots. I'd ask them who in all the world would they NOT want to go up against and the answer was almost always the Israelis.

Especially considering that God is their co-pilot.

Angels in the Sky (2017)

Especially considering that God is their co-pilot.

I don't know about that but I do know they love kicking ass and they usually do a good job of it.

Angels in the Sky (2017)
As I understand it, "fledging Israel" had No American planes in 1948 or 1967.
Six-Day War - Wikipedia

After their spectacular showing in the latter war, planes and cooperation started happening quickly/big time.

`

Last edited:
.....in the Six Day War, the IAF gave the Israelis a huge advantage by taking out the Arab Air ''quickly'' ....they did a lot of sorties
...when they had their air war with Syria, the Israelis had very few aircraft shot down, while Syria had dozens destroyed
....it was mainly their pilots and system--not necessarily the difference in aircraft-- that were responsible

remember, the Arabs have had all the advantages and still lost--big time:
1. the battle area for Israel is very narrow--easily cut
2. Israel outnumbered in all areas: troops/tanks/population/etc
3. Israel was more or less ''surrounded''--Israel had many fronts to deal with
here, you can barely see Israel:
20190212_cia_world_political_map_announcement.png

The Americans more then made up for that with their tremendous financial support later on.

Forum List

Back