I don't think Corporations are inherently "evil"

The shareholders of a corporation are in fact immune to prosecution. Oh sure, they might take a bit of a monetary loss when their company is responsible for killing a bunch of people, but they don't go to jail for it.

Are you telling me that if a corp CEO spent money to have someone knocked off but happen to use a company check to do it then the CEO wouldn't be prosecuted for that?[/QUOTE]

No...

I said the shareholders are immune, not the executive officers.

Which means that even if shareholders are bankrolling the killing of a bunch of people, they are not subject to prosecution. Thus, if the goal is to make billions of dollars by killing people, with as little risk as possible, a corporation is a perfect instrument.

You just find a patsy to be your CEO, or someone who has limited morals is willing to take the risk in return for a big fat paycheck.

Of course, if you were the shareholders, you would need to make sure there's nothing in writing to lead back to you, as far as suggestions to the CEO goes.

Last edited:
Now, on the other hand, if you own your own company, and that company is responsible for killing people, than you are criminally liable.

Forum List

Back