Oct 12, 2009
HOW MUCH HAS OBAMA DONE FOR…

............................................Too much Too little Right amount
The banks ................................49%......... 9............ 34
The auto industry...................... 37% .........13.......... 41
Homeowners ..............................9%......... 44.......... 40
The middle class......................... 3% .........54.......... 37
Small business ............................0%......... 62.......... 28

http://www.cbsnews.com/htdocs/pdf/poll_obama_011810.pdf?tag=contentMain;contentBody

I guess they are too afraid to even ask about jobs specifically.

Middle class and small business... bunch of whining bastards!

A better question would be "How much has Obama done TO..."

i would say nothing he has done.but to distroy and rule like a musium he is yes..and marxist, socilist ha..i could go on and on!!!

He created a few more jobs at the Unemployment office. Officeworkers helping to fill out applications for the unemployed!!!

Obama and his minions are still under the delusion that the government can "create" jobs.

1 year isn't enough to make the kind of judgements many of you are. How long did it take FDR to get the country out of the 'Great Depression'? I don't think it was one year, and it certainly wasn't by being conservative. Obama should be more liberal on that basis.

1 year isn't enough to make the kind of judgements many of you are. How long did it take FDR to get the country out of the 'Great Depression'? I don't think it was one year, and it certainly wasn't by being conservative. Obama should be more liberal on that basis.

FDR'S policies didn't get us out of the depression. WWII did that

"FDR'S policies didn't get us out of the depression. WWII did that"

A combination of the two. Before we participated in the war the selling of weapons boosted our economy. We are the ones currently in a "war" (debatable), and therefore we're screwed. Sad face. =(

A combination of the two. Before we participated in the war the selling of weapons boosted our economy. We are the ones currently in a "war" (debatable), and therefore we're screwed. Sad face. =(

So you are sure that FDR's policies without WWII would have gotten us out of the depression as rapidly?

We didn't sell a lot of weapons in WWII we made them and used them and the so called war on terror is not at all comparable to WWII

So you are sure that FDR's policies without WWII would have gotten us out of the depression as rapidly?

We didn't sell a lot of weapons in WWII we made them and used them and the so called war on terror is not at all comparable to WWII

I said a combination of the two. The policies held the depression while the war punched it.
We did sell weapons though.
Sorry it's a Wikipedia article but here

I simply meant to say the war is holding the country down with extraneous expenses.

I said a combination of the two. The policies held the depression while the war punched it.

I simply meant to say the war is holding the country down with extraneous expenses.

Not a great source.

This article's factual accuracy is disputed. Please see the relevant discussion on the talk page. (April 2009)
Question book-new.svg
This article does not cite any references or sources.
Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. (May 2008)

Not a great source.

This article's factual accuracy is disputed. Please see the relevant discussion on the talk page. (April 2009)
Question book-new.svg
Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. (May 2008)

Glad you caught that. Hence the apology. Although there are factual innacuries, you should get the point.

Not a great source.

Question book-new.svg

Glad you caught that. Hence the apology. Although there are factual innacuries, you should get the point.

factual inaccuracies do not make the point.

but I will concede that prior to our entrance in WWII we sold some weapons.

I will not concede that FDR's policies did anything to end the depression

The Free Market: How FDR Made the Depression Worse

All right. I'm a civil engineer not an economist I have no grounds to argue that.

After the election in Massachusetts Obama visited Ohio to talk about jobs. Where did he visit? A factory where the people already had jobs.....Why didn't he go to a jobs fair or unemployment office? Better yet why didn't he just stay in Washington and actually try to do something about it.

Obama to announce aid for middle class - Yahoo! News

The proposals to be unveiled by Obama and Vice President Joe Biden at the White House, and which the president will push in his Wednesday night speech, include a doubling of the child care tax credit for families earning under $85,000; an increase in federal funding for child care programs of $1.6 billion; capping student loan payments to 10 percent of income above "a basic living allowance;" expanding tax credits to match retirement savings; and increasing aid for families taking care of elderly relatives. The plan would also require all employers to provide the option of a workplace-based retirement savings plan.

Do any of those things sound like reasons people lost their jobs? Do any of them sound like reasons an employer would hire? Obama the fool misses the point again.

Obama to announce aid for middle class - Yahoo! News

The proposals to be unveiled by Obama and Vice President Joe Biden at the White House, and which the president will push in his Wednesday night speech, include a doubling of the child care tax credit for families earning under $85,000; an increase in federal funding for child care programs of $1.6 billion; capping student loan payments to 10 percent of income above "a basic living allowance;" expanding tax credits to match retirement savings; and increasing aid for families taking care of elderly relatives. The plan would also require all employers to provide the option of a workplace-based retirement savings plan.

Do any of those things sound like reasons people lost their jobs? Do any of them sound like reasons an employer would hire? Obama the fool misses the point again.

Yes he does miss it or he thinks by doing this he can buy some votes?

The guy needs to look back and see how other Presidents created jobs and follow suite. Don't know if he can grasp that concept but hope does spring eternal. Jeeze.

Obama & Jobs

'Obama' and 'Jobs' don't go together, unless you add the word 'Lost' in front of 'Jobs'.
December 26, 2011

"As Steve Benen noted, the private sector has added 2.3 million new jobs since March 2010, and it took the Obama economy one year to create more jobs than the economy under President Bush did in eight."

Romney-NYmag-cover.jpg

Forum List

Back