I don't say this often, but RIGHT ON MRS. OBAMA!!!

Scat you are such a fraud.

It has already been stated that US women in official government positions are Not required to wear the headscarf in Saudi Arabia.

But this was the funeral of the Saudi King and thus was not a government function.

So the First Lady should have shown a modicum of respect to the King's family by wearing the headscarf. ..... :cool:.
He was Head of Government as well as Head of State, so, yes, it was a function of both his roles. I hope you wear your head scarf at mosque, because you are such a little bitch.

Obama and Michelle are completely out of touch with reality!

Why did Obama attend the funeral when he couldn't be bothered at all with attending the Parisian "Je Suis Charlie" ceremony??

If the Obamas think that the Saudis are such wonderful friends, the why didn't dopey Michelle at least respect their medieval culture and don that ridiculous head covering??

A lose lose situation!
Doesn't matter.

Did you also bitch when Condoleeza Rice was in Saudi Arabia without a headscarf?

Was Condoleezza attending a funeral in Saudi Arabia?

Obama and Michelle are completely out of touch with reality!

Why did Obama attend the funeral when he couldn't be bothered at all with attending the Parisian "Je Suis Charlie" ceremony??

If the Obamas think that the Saudis are such wonderful friends, the why didn't dopey Michelle at least respect their medieval culture and don that ridiculous head covering??

A lose lose situation!

Did you also bitch when Condoleeza Rice was in Saudi Arabia without a headscarf?

Was Condoleezza attending a funeral in Saudi Arabia?

Irrelevant. Both attended state functions.

As I already wrote to crazy-assed Frankie-Boy, had Michelle worn that headscarf, you would be one of the first here to scream that she is a "secret muslim". So, pfft.

It is NOT irrelevant!

It is VERY relevant!
Doesn't matter.

In Saudi Arabia it is not considered to be disrespectful or a fasion/modesty faux paux for a visitor from a foreign country to show their hair.

Good grief, not wearing a head scarf is showing women how to be free?

really? they can come over and be shown how to abort their offspring and be a slave to a political party

Michelle pulls faces in Saudi Arabia.... what's wrong with that woman!

Good grief, not wearing a head scarf is showing women how to be free?

really? they can come over and be shown how to abort their offspring and be a slave to a political party

Think you'd rather live there?

Unlike other conservative, I applaud he anti-child-obscenity crusade. It's a worthy cause and something we all should support.
I don't think so. The childhood obesity epidemic is a myth.

No. It is quite real.
I don't think so. Where are all these fat kids?

There's 4 schools within a half mile radius of my home, and the thing that is conspicuously absent is all of the fat kids. If there is some kind of childhood obesity epidemic I would expect to see fat kids all over the place.

Michelle Obama apos s uncovered head causes a stir in Saudi Arabia - Chicago Tribune

Mrs. Obama decided not to bow down to Muslims! For the first time since 2008 I am proud of my first lady.

OK not necessarily true. Unlike other conservative, I applaud he anti-child-obscenity crusade. It's a worthy cause and something we all should support.

I guess she decided not to "suck it up". Must have missed Obama's speech. I'm proud of her. She sent the right message. Definitely.

Leave it to the Obama's to do the wrong thing every time that.

I agree!

Why did she go to the funeral at all? To offend everybody at the funeral?

It would have been best to stay at home.

She went because she is the First Lady. She didn't wear a veil because she is an American woman and isn't submitting herself to the whim of Muslims. (including her husband)

She went because she is the First Lady. She didn't wear a veil because she is an American woman and isn't submitting herself to the whim of Muslims. (including her husband)

I can understand your sentiment and in some ways I feel exactly the same.

However I don't think her behaviour was for the reasons you mentioned rather it was a diplomatic and protocol mistake made by the Obamas....which occurs only too often.

It was inevitable that the new King would snubbed Michelle , which of course happened.

Therefore why did the Obamas in their attempt at cringing affection towards the Saudis, make such a blunder?

Are you even aware that the veil has nothing to do with being Muslim? It is common among people, regardless of their religion.

Same thing with a head scarf.

Blessed_Virgin_Mary_CNA_World_Catholic_News_5_9_11.jpg

Are you even aware that the veil has nothing to do with being Muslim? It is common among people, regardless of their religion.

Of course I am. I said, Whim of Muslims. Didn't I? It has nothing to do with the Qu'ran. The veil first came out in Iran after they noted the Catholic nuns wearing the black veils / long robes - prior Iranian women dressed fashionably, hair flowing, dressed like westerners ( that was in the 1950's, 60's) - so did the men same goes for Afghanistan. But they needed to differentiate between Muslim and non Muslim women because the non Muslim women were being targeted for rape - the hajib was convenient to identify who is who - that is how it began - that is what they use it for in Europe as well - truth be known. That photo above is not Mary. That is a Catholic Mary that is worshiped as Queen of Heaven - not acknowledged in the Christian faith. You should make a note of that one. Thanks.

I can understand your sentiment and in some ways I feel exactly the same.

However I don't think her behaviour was for the reasons you mentioned rather it was a diplomatic and protocol mistake made by the Obamas....which occurs only too often.

It was inevitable that the new King would snubbed Michelle , which of course happened.

Therefore why did the Obamas in their attempt at cringing affection towards the Saudis, make such a blunder?

I don't know the details of the trip, Skye. I was following a story about Putin today - finally being investigated for the murder of Livintenko. The British are reopening the case. Which reminds me. I need to put up that story. I cannot tell you how happy it makes me to finally see the British reopen this case and let the world know what kind of man Putin really is.

Of course I am. I said, Whim of Muslims. Didn't I? It has nothing to do with the Qu'ran. The veil first came out in Iran after they noted the Catholic nuns wearing the black veils / long robes - prior Iranian women dressed fashionably, hair flowing, dressed like westerners ( that was in the 1950's, 60's) - so did the men same goes for Afghanistan. But they needed to differentiate between Muslim and non Muslim women because the non Muslim women were being targeted for rape - the hajib was convenient to identify who is who - that is how it began - that is what they use it for in Europe as well - truth be known. That photo above is not Mary. That is a Catholic Mary that is worshiped as Queen of Heaven - not acknowledged in the Christian faith. You should make a note of that one. Thanks.
Your total ignorance of history is noteworthy.

Forum List

Back