I dont know about this Ventura-Kyle feud

Was Ventura wrong to have pursued the Defamation Lawsuit?

• Yes, you dont sue widoes

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • No, he had every right to protect his reputation and career

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • the lawsuit was not wrong just stupid

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • dunno and dunna care

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
From what I could see, the juror believed that the trial damaged Jessie Ventura's reputation more than anything that Kyle did to him.

This rationalization gave 8 of the 10 an excuse to vote for Ventura's side. They couldn't believe that a former governor and movie personality could say what Kyle claimed he said. Also they couldn't believe that Kyle actually punched Ventura because he showed no physical damage from the alleged punch. If that is the case, and if Kyle never named Ventura in his book, what was Ventura complaining about? The damage seems to be that Ventura was upset about getting knocked on his ass. So basically his feelings were hurt, by a punch he claims was never thrown.

Ventura's complaint originated in Kyle's publicly IDing Ventura as 'Scruffyface' in his book. Once he did that the damage was done and Kyle's book sales took off. The problem is that none of that happened. Eleven people there said there was no fight. Photos taken of Ventura in the next couple of days showed no signs of bruises or any other damage to Ventura. Kyle couldn't keep his story straight and all his witnesses were under the influence of alcohol and none of them saw the fight from start to finish. No one leaves a fight once it starts especially if they know one or both of the participants.

Kyle lied, that was proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

How did Ventura feel damaged? Because after Kyle IDed him as Scruffface all his interview dates dried up, his friends in the SEALS stopped talking to him and people were calling him un-American. Wouldn't that bother you? He had monetary loss from Kyle's lies and sought a retraction and an apology. That is all Kyle or Taya had to do and it would have ended. Instead they had to be stubborn and drag the whole thing out and now they are out nearly $2 million and it is the book publisher who is losing the cash, not the poor widowed woman left with only $4 million.

This is the only problem with jury trials. You expect a bunch of idiots to come to a reasonable verdict.

These people are given all the facts that BOTH sides can give them and then they discuss it. Usually in a jury the people with professional backgrounds (doctors, engineers, business owners, etc) end up taking charge and helping everyone through the process.

In this case I think they came to the right verdict.

Ventura should have donated the money and done something to restore his rep among a wider audience but that is his choice. He decided to take the money and not run.

It is true that Ventura sued Kyle. When Kyle died, the lawsuit didn't automatically shift to his estate. Ventura had to petition the court to name Taya Kyle in her husband's place. So, yes. Ventura sued Chris Kyles widow. That makes him a douchebag.

a huge douchbag

If anyone is a douchbag it would have to be the liar who put his wife in this position in the first place. He shouldn't have lie to promote his book.

it was a split jury

and decided on feelings

“I don’t believe Chris Kyle was 100 percent lying,” said the juror. But the juror said Kyle “may have had to live up to the expectations of his buddies” in relaying the story of the fight.”

Juror describes how jury reached split decision in Jesse Ventura defamation trial | Star Tribune

It is true that Ventura sued Kyle. When Kyle died, the lawsuit didn't automatically shift to his estate. Ventura had to petition the court to name Taya Kyle in her husband's place. So, yes. Ventura sued Chris Kyles widow. That makes him a douchebag.

a huge douchbag

Yeah because men should never do anything to defend themselves from the lies and attacks of women cause women never do that unless the guy deserves it, right?

lol

All Taya had to do was retract Kyle's story and she did not. She could have settled out of court and she did not. Likely everyone told her that Ventura didn't have a chance and that almost no one ever wins such lawsuits. So she let the courts decide and got whooped.

Yeah, I'll bet she is just all crying and unconsolable with her $4 million gained from slandering Ventura.

a huge douchbag

If anyone is a douchbag it would have to be the liar who put his wife in this position in the first place. He shouldn't have lie to promote his book.

it was a split jury

and decided on feelings

“I don’t believe Chris Kyle was 100 percent lying,” said the juror. But the juror said Kyle “may have had to live up to the expectations of his buddies” in relaying the story of the fight.”

Juror describes how jury reached split decision in Jesse Ventura defamation trial | Star Tribune

It was 10-2 and that was based on the FACTS, not just emotions.

No bruises, no coherent witnesses for the defense, eleven witnesses for the plaintiff and a long established career and record of patriotism and sympathy for American soldiers and sailors.

Kyle lied to sell his book and Ventura got just compensation. Case closed.

a huge douchbag

Yeah, I'll bet she is just all crying and unconsolable with her $4 million gained from slandering Ventura.

She deserves every penny. As the widow of a bonifide heroic defender of Liberty, but more importantly for what she had to endure while she served. Believe what you want, but I would bet she doesn't give a shit about the money.

I for one, just bought a couple t-shirts.

Forged

a huge douchbag

She deserves every penny. As the widow of a bonifide heroic defender of Liberty, but more importantly for what she had to endure while she served.

So you really think that every serviceman's widow should get $6million? How many would they be allowed to slander to get it?

Believe what you want, but I would bet she doesn't give a shit about the money.

So Ventura is as evil as the night is dark and Taya is pure as the first winters snow. Right. :/

She knew Kyle lied and refused to settle out of court.

Nothing happened that she did not have complete control over up to the day the jury gave a verdict.

Glad her husband served and that she did not abandon him as so many do, but that does not give him nor her the right to make millions off a book that slanders other people.

Last edited:
a huge douchbag

She deserves every penny. As the widow of a bonifide heroic defender of Liberty, but more importantly for what she had to endure while she served. Believe what you want, but I would bet she doesn't give a shit about the money.

I for one, just bought a couple t-shirts.

Forged

thanks for the link

Ventura got dropped on his HEAD way too many times during his "wrestling" days.

Ventura got knocked on his ass by a Navy Seal, so instead of being the "tough guy" that he pretends to be and knocking Kyle on HIS ass, Ventura runs off and hires an attorney.

Ventura is nothing but a bald-headed half-wit bitch who can't find a legitimate occupation.

Remember, Ventura believes that 9/11 was an "inside job", that the U.S. government is building internment camps to "protect" U.S. citizens during civil unrest, and that all of the alien stuff is the real deal, among other things.

Congratulations, Jesse. Now you can go out and buy yourself a new tin foil hat.

I don't think I have ever seen a post more filled with irrelevance, character assassination and unwarranted assertion.

YOU were not there, so you don't know anything.

All we do know is that the jury found Kyle's accusations to be fallacious and awarded Ventura nearly $2 million for it all..

I apologize. I did not know that YOU were there, and that you know exactly what happened.

So, obviously, your opinion is more valid than my opinion.

I defer to you, the eyewitness to the event, and to all of the jurors who apparently were also eyewitnesses as to what happened.

:cuckoo:

Ventura got dropped on his HEAD way too many times during his "wrestling" days.

Ventura got knocked on his ass by a Navy Seal, so instead of being the "tough guy" that he pretends to be and knocking Kyle on HIS ass, Ventura runs off and hires an attorney.

Ventura is nothing but a bald-headed half-wit bitch who can't find a legitimate occupation.

Remember, Ventura believes that 9/11 was an "inside job", that the U.S. government is building internment camps to "protect" U.S. citizens during civil unrest, and that all of the alien stuff is the real deal, among other things.

Congratulations, Jesse. Now you can go out and buy yourself a new tin foil hat.

I don't think I have ever seen a post more filled with irrelevance, character assassination and unwarranted assertion.

YOU were not there, so you don't know anything.

All we do know is that the jury found Kyle's accusations to be fallacious and awarded Ventura nearly $2 million for it all..

I apologize. I did not know that YOU were there, and that you know exactly what happened.

So, obviously, your opinion is more valid than my opinion.

I defer to you, the eyewitness to the event, and to all of the jurors who apparently were also eyewitnesses as to what happened.

:cuckoo:

1. photos with no injuries after supposedly being knocked out by a Navy SEAL

2. Eleven people at the scene with Ventura the whole time never saw a fight of any kind.

3. All Kyle's witnesses only had partial accounts and none of them saw the whole 'fight'

4. The en tire career of Ventura's recorded he has NEVER said anything even remotely close to 'a few Navy SEALS need to die' kind of bullshit.

5. Ten of 12 jurors agree Kyle lied.

6. Kyle had a financial incentive to exaggerate his claims and make sensational statements.

Obvious conclusion......

She deserves every penny. As the widow of a bonifide heroic defender of Liberty, but more importantly for what she had to endure while she served.

So you really think that every serviceman's widow should get $6million? How many would they be allowed to slander to get it?

Believe what you want, but I would bet she doesn't give a shit about the money.

So Ventura is as evil as the night is dark and Taya is pure as the first winters snow. Right. :/

She knew Kyle lied and refused to settle out of court.

Nothing happened that she did not have complete control over up to the day the jury gave a verdict.

Glad her husband served and that she did not abandon him as so many do, but that does not give him nor her the right to make millions off a book that slanders other people.

I believe she has the right to every penny made off of the book. Also, no, I do not believe that every widow deserves 6 mil. That sum of money isn't enough.

Also, read the fucking verdict. The verdict didn't prove that Kyle lied, only that the book defamed Ventura. There was no verdict of slander or libel. Have you always this much trouble with the definition of words? Or are you simply retarded.

On side note, go fuck yourself for desecrating my Flag.

Forum List

Back