I dont know about this Ventura-Kyle feud

Was Ventura wrong to have pursued the Defamation Lawsuit?

• Yes, you dont sue widoes

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • No, he had every right to protect his reputation and career

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • the lawsuit was not wrong just stupid

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • dunno and dunna care

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I don't have any respect for a punk ass little SEAL bitch rotting in hell where he belongs after making bank bragging about all the people he's killed. Usually, veterans who say that shit are either psycho, or they never served in combat. Karma can be a bitch!

Good job Jesse!

Listen to the interview, THEN tell us if he was bragging. I think you made a snap judgement without enough real evidence.

Dude, who has time to sit through a 49 minute interview?

Can you just boil it down to the pertinent points?

I respect Kyle for serving his country unlike most people these days.

I do not respect slandering a fellow SEAL to make money, even if it is Ventura who has drawn a lot of justified ridicule for some of his kookburger antics.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is true that Ventura sued Kyle. When Kyle died, the lawsuit didn't automatically shift to his estate. Ventura had to petition the court to name Taya Kyle in her husband's place. So, yes. Ventura sued Chris Kyles widow. That makes him a douchebag.

It is true that Ventura sued Kyle. When Kyle died, the lawsuit didn't automatically shift to his estate. Ventura had to petition the court to name Taya Kyle in her husband's place. So, yes. Ventura sued Chris Kyles widow. That makes him a douchebag.

The widow who was sitting on nearly $7 million made off of spreading lies about Ventura?

She should have settled out of court if it was so painful.

This is her own damned fault.

And to continue the suit against the estate is what is NORMALLY done in these cases if the inheritance includes proceeds from the book are still part of the estate.

Ill gotten gain is a justifiable target even if held by a widow.

How about killing the widow and all her relatives...
Would that begin to satisfy your lust for revenge....

Why do you give a fuck about Jesse Ventura anyway?

I give a fuck about ass holes making money by making up lies about people and getting away with it.

You don't have a problem with that?

Last time I checked 11 witnesses backed up the story that Ventura was knocked down...The witnesses saw parts of the incident.Some saw Ventura down,some saw the punch.No one seemed to see the event from start to finish.

“It was confusing that no one could see all the events,” the juror said. “It was hard to see that no one saw everything.” Someone saw him punched, some saw him on the ground, but didn’t see him punched, and others saw him getting up he said.

Sounds like Ventura got punched and went down...
Ventura said nothing of the sort happened...

So unless there are 20 camera crews recording everyone and everything there can't be proof that Kyle was telling the truth....

Who's account is more accurate?
11 witnesses who saw part of what happened or
Ventura saying nothing happened.

Juror describes how jury reached split decision in Jesse Ventura defamation trial | Star Tribune

lol

In the end, most did not believe the story that Ventura had been punched out in a Coronado, Calif., bar after making disparaging remarks about the United States and Navy SEALs, said the juror, who voted with the majority.

The juror, who asked not to be identified, recounted the events that led to the 8-2 vote to award $1.8 million to the former Minnesota governor. The decision confounded some legal observers who predicted that the former governor would most likely fail to convince a jury, because of high standards set by the U.S. Supreme Court in defamation cases.

Ironically, some of the most powerful evidence that the attorneys for author Chris Kyle’s estate presented may have backfired.

The three-week trial revolved around three pages in the bestseller, “American Sniper,” in which the author, the late Navy SEAL Chris Kyle, claimed he decked a man, later identified as Ventura, in a bar after he some incendiary remarks at a wake for a SEAL killed in Iraq....

The juror said that one of the most persuasive arguments in Ventura’s favor was a visual presentation, a checklist, offered by the Kyle defense — showing what its 11 witnesses had seen or heard on Oct. 12, 2006, at McP’s Irish Pub.

The purpose of the graphic was to show that all of their witnesses had seen or heard something that night, thus solidifying the claim that Kyle’s account was truthful.

It had the opposite affect on the juror. “It was confusing that no one could see all the events,” the juror said. “It was hard to see that no one saw everything.” Someone saw him punched, some saw him on the ground, but didn’t see him punched, and others saw him getting up he said.

“I don’t believe Chris Kyle was 100 percent lying,” said the juror. But the juror said Kyle “may have had to live up to the expectations of his buddies” in relaying the story of the fight.”

That is why, the juror thinks, Kyle titled the sub chapter “Punching out Scruff Face” and did not use Ventura’s name in the book, preferring to keep it “under wraps.”

“If it was true, I thought he would have used his name,” the juror said. Kyle later said in media interviews that Scruff Face was Ventura...

The juror pointed to the statements of individual defense witnesses who claimed they saw or heard about the fight or Ventura’s alleged disparaging remarks about SEALs. In questions elicited by the defense, the SEAL witnesses said that while they once respected Ventura, they now held a very negative opinion of him.

The juror said that was strong evidence that the story Kyle told had damaged Ventura’s reputation.

Wow, you just shot down your own claims like a madman, roflmao.

The stupid thing in this whole process for Ventura was keeping that money.

He should have donated it all (minus lawyer fees) to a veterans support group.

He has lost far more in the long run than the $1.8 million will ever recover.

The widow who was sitting on nearly $7 million made off of spreading lies about Ventura?

And to continue the suit against the estate is what is NORMALLY done in these cases if the inheritance includes proceeds from the book are still part of the estate.

Uh, that passage about Ventura was maybe a paragraph. So it's a little excessive to say that she was sitting on money made from the Ventura story alone. Also, this case was tried on one's word against another. In Ventura's home state. This verdict was much more about the virtues of jury selection over the truth.

And I can promise you that continuing a suit against the estate is not "what is normally done." It is done in some cases when the petitioner wants a monetary verdict over vindication.

The Ventura story didn't sell the book. Being an extremely successful sniper did.

Ventura felt slighted. It was within his right to sue. Still doesn't change the fact that it was doucebag move.

Uh, that passage about Ventura was maybe a paragraph. So it's a little excessive to say that she was sitting on money made from the Ventura story alone. Also, this case was tried on one's word against another. In Ventura's home state. This verdict was much more about the virtues of jury selection over the truth.

And I can promise you that continuing a suit against the estate is not "what is normally done." It is done in some cases when the petitioner wants a monetary verdict over vindication.

The Ventura story didn't sell the book. Being an extremely successful sniper did.

Ventura felt slighted. It was within his right to sue. Still doesn't change the fact that it was doucebag move.

You have every right to your opinion, of course, but (according to the author of the article in the OP) this is normally done, it was a three page account (I didn't read it though myself) and the author also showed how the book's sales went way up after the allegations by Kyle.

Again, where Ventura screwed up was in keeping the money, the price he sets for his honor, I guess, since he had said before that he was not in it for the mullah.

I don't have any respect for a punk ass little SEAL bitch rotting in hell where he belongs after making bank bragging about all the people he's killed. Usually, veterans who say that shit are either psycho, or they never served in combat. Karma can be a bitch!

Good job Jesse!

Listen to the interview, THEN tell us if he was bragging. I think you made a snap judgement without enough real evidence.

as a braggart and a self-glorified assassin. I couldn't help but wonder how many of his "kills" were poor shop-keepers sticking there heads out to see if the coast was clear and they could go home to the wife and kids. I have no problem believing he would lie to hype his own rep.

Good job Jesse!

as a braggart and a self-glorified assassin. I couldn't help but wonder how many of his "kills" were poor shop-keepers sticking there heads out to see if the coast was clear and they could go home to the wife and kids. I have no problem believing he would lie to hype his own rep.

And you are a coward, douchebag and a narcissistic cretin for criticizing patriotic soldiers who have done a thing you can only run your mouth about.

It doesn't matter whether you like Ventura or not. Kyle ran his mouth off. Ventura got paid. God bless America. Whether he sued his widow or not is irrelevant. She knew who she married.

Last edited:

Good job Jesse!

If you listened to the interview, you wouldn't be saying that. Those were only "confirmed kills", which requires an officer to witness it. There are incident reports for every kill too. Kyle had a lot more kills than were on paper, and he wasn't shooting shop keepers, unless they had AK-47s or RPGs in their hands.

I would love it if the widow has the right to appeal the verdict and spends most of what
she has coming in sales and such so that Ventura has to wait years and years before he sees dime one.

Ventura worried about damage to career?
What career?
Reputation?.....

Pa leez!

So you support the right of people to make money by blatantly slandering other people?

Except that he didn't do that. a couple of other witnesses said, "Yup, he punched Ventura after Ventura started talking smack."

From what I could see, the juror believed that the trial damaged Jessie Ventura's reputation more than anything that Kyle did to him.

This rationalization gave 8 of the 10 an excuse to vote for Ventura's side. They couldn't believe that a former governor and movie personality could say what Kyle claimed he said. Also they couldn't believe that Kyle actually punched Ventura because he showed no physical damage from the alleged punch. If that is the case, and if Kyle never named Ventura in his book, what was Ventura complaining about? The damage seems to be that Ventura was upset about getting knocked on his ass. So basically his feelings were hurt, by a punch he claims was never thrown.

Seems to me that Ventura did all of the damage himself.

This is the only problem with jury trials. You expect a bunch of idiots to come to a reasonable verdict.

Ventura got dropped on his HEAD way too many times during his "wrestling" days.

Ventura got knocked on his ass by a Navy Seal, so instead of being the "tough guy" that he pretends to be and knocking Kyle on HIS ass, Ventura runs off and hires an attorney.

Ventura is nothing but a bald-headed half-wit bitch who can't find a legitimate occupation.

Remember, Ventura believes that 9/11 was an "inside job", that the U.S. government is building internment camps to "protect" U.S. citizens during civil unrest, and that all of the alien stuff is the real deal, among other things.

Congratulations, Jesse. Now you can go out and buy yourself a new tin foil hat.

Actually the event never happened as was just proven.

If it wasn't for that one paragraph I'd have no idea who Chris Kyle was and have no idea he wrote a book.

I would love it if the widow has the right to appeal the verdict and spends most of what
she has coming in sales and such so that Ventura has to wait years and years before he sees dime one.

Ventura worried about damage to career?
What career?
Reputation?.....

Pa leez!

So you support the right of people to make money by blatantly slandering other people?

Except that he didn't do that. a couple of other witnesses said, "Yup, he punched Ventura after Ventura started talking smack."

If there were any credible witnesses the widow of a vet would have won.

a huge douchbag

a huge douchbag

If anyone is a douchbag it would have to be the liar who put his wife in this position in the first place. He shouldn't have lie to promote his book.

Forum List

Back