I dont give a shit!

So the whining fucks dont want to skip out of paying the student loan debt are they? The hell they aren't!

The latest from obama:

They will only have to pay 10% of discretionary income.... cool... rent or buy a great house pay the bills and live the high life... and only pay 10% of what is left. Fuck that.

All debt forgiven after 20... cool! Be a BUM for 20 years and wright it all of.... RELAY fuck that!

FUCK THEM. They signed on the dotted line...they should have to pay every cent back including the interest.

The plan that Obama announced on Wednesday caps student loan payments at 10 percent of discretionary income and forgives debt after 20 years, compared to the previous program, in which the cap stood at 15 percent and debt forgiveness was granted after 25 years.

Bloggers debate Obama's student loan forgiveness plan - Tim Mak - POLITICO.com

Ya know what, i really don't give a flying shit about your college debts!

I am sick of their whining about the money THEY borrowed. No one forced them to go to college. No one forced them to borrow money.

They signed on the bottom line knowing full well how much they borrowed and that they would have to pay it back.... tough damn shit. It sucks paying your bills.

Bankers want us to pay their college loans? after we have given them what 16 trillion?

Last edited:
I think our higher costs for both HC and ED are more due to the very poorly run programs in those areas, which are rife with fraud, waste, and abuse. Going to a gov't run system for either or both will not solve the problem. Instead we should be trying to encourage free market competition in those areas and get the gov't the hell out of it.

Not sure what you meant about Bush's agreement not to use the bargaining power of Medicare, but that drug prescription bill was passed with dem support, was it not? In any case, there were many decisions and policies under the Bush admin that I disagreed with, he spent money like it was going out of style.

Yes, I love the free market and open competition, and would like to see a reduction in regulations that are unneeded, ineffective, or offer too little value for the cost. We always seem to swing from too much to too little IMHO.

when bush proposed his medicare drug plan, and that plan was passed by congress, it contained a provision that prohibited medicare from negotiating prescription prices with pharmaceutical companies. yet those companies sell those same drugs in other countries for far less.

is that free market? or is it a give-away to pharmaceutical companies. i'd say it's the latter. the problem with your pov is unrestrained capitalism creates what we're seeing... a few people in the top 1% and everyone else sytematically excluded from success. the middle class does not exist without regulation. it's really that simple. you can like it or not, but it's true.

i'll respectfully disagree as to the cause of high prices, because it simply doesn't exist in places where money does not run government.

get money OUT of government, and you'll see how quickly some of these things right themselves.

I do think Medicare should be required to negotiate prices for drugs, and everything else. Don't know for sure that Bush is the only one responsible for that, I'm guessing some senators and congresspersons with big pharma in their states or districts probably had something to do with it. Both Rs and Ds.

About selling drugs to foreign countries for less, those countries are going to bootleg and reproduce the drugs anyway so the big pharma companies might as well make another buck or two. It's not like they have patent rights in other countries like they do here, to protect their investment.

Re unrestrained capitalism, I'm not for that and I think most conservatives realize SOME regulation is necessary and even desireable. But it's gotta make sense, and be somewhst cost effective. No question that the rich folks and big corps have way too influence in politics, that's partly onthem but also onthe politicians for allowing the system to be what it is and also on us for not insisting on changes to campaign finance and more open transparency for appropriations in Congress. I'd say a flat or fair tax reform needs to be doen to remove all the special breaks and deals that currently exist. Getting money out of gov't is the key, which is one reason why I support less gov't. At least they don't have as much money to spend on crony capitalism.

I think our higher costs for both HC and ED are more due to the very poorly run programs in those areas, which are rife with fraud, waste, and abuse. Going to a gov't run system for either or both will not solve the problem. Instead we should be trying to encourage free market competition in those areas and get the gov't the hell out of it.

Not sure what you meant about Bush's agreement not to use the bargaining power of Medicare, but that drug prescription bill was passed with dem support, was it not? In any case, there were many decisions and policies under the Bush admin that I disagreed with, he spent money like it was going out of style.

Yes, I love the free market and open competition, and would like to see a reduction in regulations that are unneeded, ineffective, or offer too little value for the cost. We always seem to swing from too much to too little IMHO.

when bush proposed his medicare drug plan, and that plan was passed by congress, it contained a provision that prohibited medicare from negotiating prescription prices with pharmaceutical companies. yet those companies sell those same drugs in other countries for far less.

is that free market? or is it a give-away to pharmaceutical companies. i'd say it's the latter. the problem with your pov is unrestrained capitalism creates what we're seeing... a few people in the top 1% and everyone else sytematically excluded from success. the middle class does not exist without regulation. it's really that simple. you can like it or not, but it's true.

i'll respectfully disagree as to the cause of high prices, because it simply doesn't exist in places where money does not run government.

get money OUT of government, and you'll see how quickly some of these things right themselves.
Definitely a givaway to Big Pharma, at the expense of American citizens.
Those same drugs are sold worldwide at a fraction of the cost that we pay for them.

He has a point about alot of these kids not knowing jack shit, most of the teenagers I encounter here in Birmingham can barely read and tie their damn shoes, and they want a loan in the tens of thousands to cover college? that will go over well.

For everyone of those people, I can point out someone that had a professional degree and career by the time they were 25 and were earning in the upper end of the income bracket and contributing to this country via taxes.

By the time I was 22, I was in charge of an infantry platoon of 30 men and at least $300,000 in equipment.

Delaying that process 12 years based on anecdotes is just silly and bad for the country.

$300,000 isn't much in the military. I was in charge of equipment in excess of $32,000,000.00. And explain to me how you made Plt SGT in 4 years or less.

Oh, you were a Butter-bar.

Fresh out of school.

You got it. I was fresh out of school until I wasn't, and if you think I give a shit about what you think of 2LTs or Officers in general, you are sadly mistaken. Needless to say, it serves to make the point that we don't have to wait until you are 30 to go to college.

So the whining fucks dont want to skip out of paying the student loan debt are they? The hell they aren't!

The latest from obama:

They will only have to pay 10% of discretionary income.... cool... rent or buy a great house pay the bills and live the high life... and only pay 10% of what is left. Fuck that.

All debt forgiven after 20... cool! Be a BUM for 20 years and wright it all of.... RELAY fuck that!

FUCK THEM. They signed on the dotted line...they should have to pay every cent back including the interest.

The plan that Obama announced on Wednesday caps student loan payments at 10 percent of discretionary income and forgives debt after 20 years, compared to the previous program, in which the cap stood at 15 percent and debt forgiveness was granted after 25 years.

Bloggers debate Obama's student loan forgiveness plan - Tim Mak - POLITICO.com

Do some research on income based repayment before looking silly. Aside from the other ways in which you massacred the truth, the percentage is based on your annual income. Not your income after you pay for beer.

If you slow roll your debt for 20 years and allow your principle to double, you are, quite simply, stupid.

But keep bitching about God knows what.

Last edited:
She is pretty awesome, isn't she?

Intelligent, articulate, and beautiful inside and out...the whole conservative package.:)

I don't believe I've ever seen an ugly conservative girl. Just saying.

At least I'm beautiful in somebody's eyes.

But seriously, the implication that you just go ahead and borrow whatever you want because you'll only have to pay a small payment for awhile and then we'll get the taxpayers to pick up the tab is really offensive. What is that teaching people other than it is okay to be irresponsible on the government's dime?

There was a time when those with healthy self esteem and a sense of responsibility waited until they could support a family before starting one, waiting until they had a down payment on a home and qualified for a standard mortgage before buying one, and worked during the day and took night classes if they couldn't afford full time college.

God forbid that we should suggest such values as being a good thing I guess.

I think college for be for those over 30.
18 yr. olds don't have a clue as to what they want to do for the rest of their working life.

A person should have some real life work experience under their belt before making that kind of financial commitment

Good fuckin point sir.

Why waste 12 years of a person's life where they could have a potentially higher income/earnability simply because some geezers think the "damn kids" are too irresponsible to read and sign a loan note?

Why go 100k in debt over a degree just to find out you fucking hate kids? or animals? or whatever profession one winds up in?

I see my wait staff going through college for this, that, or the other only to come back to serving because the nursing job (as one example) was not what they imagined.
:eusa_eh:

Good fuckin point sir.

Why waste 12 years of a person's life where they could have a potentially higher income/earnability simply because some geezers think the "damn kids" are too irresponsible to read and sign a loan note?

Why go 100k in debt over a degree just to find out you fucking hate kids? or animals? or whatever profession one winds up in?

I see my wait staff going through college for this, that, or the other only to come back to serving because the nursing job (as one example) was not what they imagined.

Whose fault is that? Why should the few anecdotes determine the course for the rest of the world?

By this logic, a physician would be 41 before they could even start their practice if they did the bare minimum for surgery. Neurosurgeons would approach retirement age before they could practice. It's just silly.

I am sick of their whining about the money THEY borrowed. No one forced them to go to college. No one forced them to borrow money.

They signed on the bottom line knowing full well how much they borrowed and that they would have to pay it back.... tough damn shit. It sucks paying your bills.

This is a ridiculous mindset. No one forced them to go to college? True but misguided! We as a society push people towards education, AS WE SHOULD. You want a better country? You need smarter citizens. Or do you think China and India are just going to wait until we get over our uneducated dumb phase? They have more HONOR ROLL students than we have TOTAL students. To do anything to discourage higher education in this country is a great disservice.

As for loans: it's easy to claim "they accepted the loans so they need to deal with it." It's easy because it doesn't apply to you and you don't know the actual burden today. So let's play hypotheticals. What if college tuition were $70,000 per year? $100,000? $250,000? At what point do we change from "well it's your choice to take those loans!" to "ok the cost of educating our country is getting a little steep?"

We subsidize corn, much to the health detriment of our society, because otherwise it would be too expensive. No one forces you to eat corn, yet the government pays for it. But education is crazy idea? Let's have ever growing financial restrictions on education? Let's keep our country a little bit dumber?

Obama figures as long as we're fighting over his empty promises we won't be focusing on what he's doing to cause most of our problems

Whose fault is that? Why should the few anecdotes determine the course for the rest of the world?

By this logic, a physician would be 41 before they could even start their practice if they did the bare minimum for surgery. Neurosurgeons would approach retirement age before they could practice. It's just silly.

By the same logic that your few rhetorical anecdotes nullify my idea.
:razz:

What prompted this chain of thought, for me, was I overheard some students discussing what they were going to do after high school.
One girl was talking about being a veterinarian because she loves animals.
What if she doesn't like seeing them in pain or having to put them to sleep after she has made such a commitment?
I'm really just considering an earlier internship for these types of fields of study. Don't wait until they're almost ready to "go live" to show them the ugly parts.

Last edited:

By the same logic that your few rhetorical anecdotes nullify mu idea.
:razz:

What prompted this chain of thought, for me, was I overheard some students discussing what they were going to do after high school.
One girl was talking about being a veterinarian because she loves animals.
What if she doesn't like seeing them in pain or having to put them to sleep after she has made such a commitment?
I'm really just considering an earlier internship for these types of fields of study. Don't wait until they're almost ready to "go live" to show them the ugly parts.

And it reminds me of all the "pre-meds" in my class freshman year. Most of them never went to med school, because they realized it wasn't for them.

Instead you get stuck with screwballs like me.

When it comes to professional school, if you jump into something you don't know you want to spend your life doing, you really have no one to blame but yourself. There are plenty of opportunities to stick your foot in the water.

And as a single mother who worked 3 jobs to help her kids who were also working in college, neither do I. For all I care they can wait tables at the local greasy spoon. I didn't owe them the loan, nor do I owe it to them to pay it back. :evil:

Last edited:
You're also not realistic. I went back to school at age 22, with a 2-year old daughter, and earned my degree in education...4 1/2 years later and $60,000 in debt, I sucked it up and paid back ALL of my loans by the time I was 40. I knew going into it that there would be sacrifices, and not just while in school, but afterwards as well. Now if we're going to talk about being "fair", then I want that fucking money returned to me if these little shits get out of paying their debt back.:evil:
I paid all my student loans back too. So will these kids once they get over the shock.

You're all complaining about today's youth. They are a great generation of kids. You're all a bunch of old fogies.

Pay attention...we're specifically discussing the group of youth who are demanding a free fucking ride. Now stop trying to be the cool old lady.:D

There is no such thing as a cool old lady. I am one. I should know! She is not cool. She is supremely confused about many things.

I paid all my student loans back too. So will these kids once they get over the shock.

You're all complaining about today's youth. They are a great generation of kids. You're all a bunch of old fogies.

Pay attention...we're specifically discussing the group of youth who are demanding a free fucking ride. Now stop trying to be the cool old lady.:D

Pay attention. You're all ranting about bullshit.

I am a cool old lady. Just ask my students.

Passing students who should fail doesn't make you cool. And when I taught those were he ONLY profs the students considered 'cool.' Oh, yea, and those who dressed very inappropriately!

Forum List

Back