I do not understand.

I do not understand all of the pride in a foreign leaders influence in our US government by those who claim to be the most patriotic in America....

Anyone care to enlighten me on how this makes any sense?

True American leaders have supported Israel from its beginning because we share the same ideals.....however BO is our first muslim marxist...historically both muslims and marxists have been diametrically opposed to the Western ideals of freedom, peace and prosperity...

I do not understand all of the pride in a foreign leaders influence in our US government by those who claim to be the most patriotic in America....

Care to be a tad more specific?

Personally, I'm a huge fan of non-entangling alliances. But somewhere along the line we picked sides.

WW1 and WW2 sealed the deal and lead to the Cold War.

Umm Reagan ended the cold war. We must adjust and move on.
My point is "patriots" celebrating undue influence in OUR government by foreign countrys.

Name one that doesn't have influence; U.S. Foreign Aid Summary

Israel Egypt Colombia Jordan Pakistan Peru Indonesia Kenya Bolivia Ukraine India Haiti Russia Ethiopia West Bank/ Gaza [That's Hamas, a terror group] Liberia Bangladesh Bosnia

I underlined the countries that have an actual need. So why are we giving aid to them? B/c they have influenced us to be thier parents. Americans have a vast amount of guilt.

We do it right. For all our dickering, people wish their country was run like ours. But then we see little Raul, with flies on his face and someone asking us to send money, so we feel guilty and ask our reps to send our tax money there, then the neighbors say they are hungry, so we send blah blah on and on..

True American leaders have supported Israel from its beginning because we share the same ideals.....however BO is our first muslim marxist...historically both muslims and marxists have been diametrically opposed to the Western ideals of freedom, peace and prosperity...

A muslim who hates Israel has personally signed a bill to send Israel $30 billion.

These are the thoughts our 2 parties put into the brains of their followers.

Personally, I'm a huge fan of non-entangling alliances. But somewhere along the line we picked sides.

My point is "patriots" celebrating undue influence in OUR government by foreign countrys.

Israel Egypt Colombia Jordan Pakistan Peru Indonesia Kenya Bolivia Ukraine India Haiti Russia Ethiopia West Bank/ Gaza [That's Hamas, a terror group] Liberia Bangladesh Bosnia

I underlined the countries that have an actual need. So why are we giving aid to them? B/c they have influenced us to be thier parents. Americans have a vast amount of guilt.

We do it right. For all our dickering, people wish their country was run like ours. But then we see little Raul, with flies on his face and someone asking us to send money, so we feel guilty and ask our reps to send our tax money there, then the neighbors say they are hungry, so we send blah blah on and on..

NIve post but totally evaded answering my post.

I have no problem with people sending their own money to foreign countries by their choice, it's the federal gov't forcing us to do it that's the problem.

Yep our leadership is lacking, esp in congress.

they are supposed to lead not kiss a foreign leaders ass.
But they are supposed to kiss the ass of the boy king?
We all support the ideals of those that most closely represent ours. obama seems to be throwing our only ally in the middle east under the bus.

Obama will pass just as have many other sucky presidents. But encouraging and endorsing foreign influence in our govt can end our country.
Fear driven partisanship is very destructive to America.

It's not fear driven. It's ideology driven. We are not endorsing foreign influence, we are endorsing sanity.

I admire Israel for all they've accomplished since 1948.

That being said, I can't understand why they picked the absolute worst place in the entire world the set up a Jewish homeland.

They had to know what they'd be up against going in.

They didn't exactly just randomly pick land surrounding Jerusalem. They have a few years history in that area.

Geeze Louise.

:eusa_drool:

But they are supposed to kiss the ass of the boy king?
We all support the ideals of those that most closely represent ours. obama seems to be throwing our only ally in the middle east under the bus.

Obama will pass just as have many other sucky presidents. But encouraging and endorsing foreign influence in our govt can end our country.

It's not fear driven. It's ideology driven. We are not endorsing foreign influence, we are endorsing sanity.

Yes Ideology driven Judeo/Christian religious ideology.

The President is giving them a heads- up to the new realities taking shape in the M.E. Anyone ever heard of the Arab Spring? :rolleyes:

I admire Israel for all they've accomplished since 1948.

That being said, I can't understand why they picked the absolute worst place in the entire world the set up a Jewish homeland.

They had to know what they'd be up against going in.

Very simply is was the Jewish homeland pre-Christ. The dumb thing is that there might possibly be peace in Israel today had the Arabs not gone to war with the Jews in 1948. No guarantee to that, but it seems that there would have been much better workable solutions at the time. Once the Arabs left the area in hopes of the Jews being driven out, all that was lost. And at this point, there is no workable solution for an Arab/Israeli state. If the Arab Palestinians ever figure this out, maybe they could work on building a livable state of their own.

You're getting bent outta shape over Israel, and not the rest of the countries on that list.

Basically, this is phoney outrage.

When Israel doesn't do as we ask, people get all phoney butthurt over it.

But when Russia, Hmas, Columbia, Bosnia, etc don't tow the line, well, that's ok, b/c we have no right to tell another country what to do.

Yep. Once again, the entire world gets to be held hostage to a bunch of made-up myths and fairy tales

You're getting bent outta shape over Israel, and not the rest of the countries on that list.

But when Russia, Hmas, Columbia, Bosnia, etc don't tow the line, well, that's ok, b/c we have no right to tell another country what to do.

so you are saying that all those other countries you mentionsed has as much influence in our government as Israel does?

It's anti-Semitism masked as American nationalism.

So you would rather our ideology was influenced by Islamic law?

so you are saying that all those other countries you mentionsed has as much influence in our government as Israel does?

No more, no less.

The President is giving them a heads- up to the new realities taking shape in the M.E. Anyone ever heard of the Arab Spring? :rolleyes:

The "new" reality is hardly "new." It's merely been invigorated.

Endorsing the Arab Spring was always a piss-poor notion when it involves scum like the Muslim Brotherhood seizing control of the actions of these Arab nations.

It makes the imminence of the threat to Israel that much more pronounced, perhaps, but doesn't fundamentally alter the precarious position they have almost always been in since their official creation.

The sin Israel is committing, if you boil down the rancid rhetoric here, is that they are too damn stubborn to agree to put their collective head in that nice hangman's noose.

Israel is right to decline the invitation.

Maybe the fucking springfest Arabs can start with the premise they don't like. Israel HAS a right to exist.

The 1967 borders don't work anymore. So stop the whining and just accept the current borders.

THEN -- and only then -- grant Palestine it's official statehood.

Forum List

Back