I can not understand the laws regarding 'Right of Return.' The hypocisy seems prodigious. Experts?

If not, is this, from the video accurate:

Many international agreements guarantee the right of return to refugees even if there is a successor government--they cannot be left stateless. The UN divided Palestine, without legal basis, in 1947 and in 1948 seeing the refugees it did not condone or foresee took responsibility for them. The treaty of Lausanne, 1923 recognized them as citizens as the world did, including Israel until a Court case in 1950 and a Law in 1952 to 'denationalize' them. UN Resolution 194 however accepted their citizenship and Right of Return.

Stateless person should certainly not be left stateless. Fortunately, Jews returning to the successor government of Israel will have Israeli nationality. And Arab Palestinians returning to the successor government of Arab Palestine will have Arab Palestinian nationality. Not a problem. All those with other nationalities are already not stateless, so again, not a problem.

Those who lost property in the conflict should be compensated, of course. The Jewish people (or their descendants) by the Arab nations who expelled them and the Arab Palestinian people (or their descendants) by the Israeli government. Again, not a problem.

We agree that Arabs SHOULD have become citizens of Israel. They did. The CAUSE, however, was and continues to be their hostility towards the Jewish people and the State of Israel. The civil war which broke out between the Jews and the Arabs precludes those Arabs engaged in hostilities and the destruction of Israel from return.

So, I ask again. What is wrong with Jews returning to the Jewish state and Arabs returning to the Arab state?

So, I ask again. What is wrong with Jews returning to the Jewish state and Arabs returning to the Arab state?
The zionists are not returning unless they go to Europe , America or wherever else they came from. You cannot return to somewhere you have never been. That is just simple logic, something I know you stumble with.

The zionists are not returning unless they go to Europe , America or wherever else they came from. You cannot return to somewhere you have never been. That is just simple logic, something I know you stumble with.

Cool. Then the Palestinians who have never been to Palestine have no right to return. They can not return to somewhere they have never been. And we are pretty much finished with this thread because there aren't many left who qualify under your rules.

Cool. Then the Palestinians who have never been to Palestine have no right to return. They can not return to somewhere they have never been. And we are pretty much finished with this thread because there aren't many left who qualify under your rules.
We are not. As explained, their children have the same right of return under international law. Take off your blinders.

How is this one so difficult to solve? The Israeli government, through law, guarantees Jews, regardless of where they dwell, to move to Israel. They only need to claim one Jewish grandparent to qualify and Israel must facilitate their immigration.

On the other hand, even though the right of return is guaranteed by international law, the Palestinians cannot.

How does Israel keep skirting this simple issue? And is this just more evidence that the zionists do not want peace?

My understanding is, that the vast majority of the expelled Palestinian people as well as those who are still there require this simple step if there is to be a true and lasting peace. It is clear in international law and understood in the international community this way. What is the big deal?

Anyone who supports the right of return for palestinians, is trying to destroy Israel, almost certainly in a bloodbath of genocidal proportions.

DO you desire genocide, or only mass murder?

We are not. As explained, their children have the same right of return under international law. Take off your blinders.

Then the Jewish people have the same right of return. Both peoples or none. You can't have it both ways.

Then the Jewish people have the same right of return. Both peoples or none. You can't have it both ways.
You can because international law gives children the same right of return as their parents. The zionists' parents never lived there as they were from another continent entirely. You know international law, right? You certainly seem to pretend to preach it a lot.

This is actually a real easy one, no?

You can because international law gives children the same right of return as their parents. The zionists' parents never lived there as they were from another continent entirely. You know international law, right? You certainly seem to pretend to preach it a lot.

This is actually a real easy one, no?

Either international law gives the rights to descendants or it does not. If it does for Arabs, it does for Jews. Both or none.

Either international law gives the rights to descendants or it does not.
No, it only provides for the children of those who were ethnically cleansed originally.

I thought you knew this stuff.

Either international law gives the rights to descendants or it does not.
No, it only provides for the children of those who were ethnically cleansed originally.

I thought you knew this stuff.

Only the children? Not the grandchildren or further descendants? I just want to be clear what your rules are.

Only the children? Not the grandchildren or further descendants? I just want to be clear what your rules are.
That is how I understand it, but you are the international law expert here. Can you site international law giving the right of return to those returning after 1500 generations?

That is how I understand it, but you are the international law expert here. Can you site international law giving the right of return to those returning after 1500 generations?

Sure can. Israel Law of Return 5 July 1950. I can cite similar laws for about a dozen countries.

Sure can. Israel Law of Return 5 July 1950. I can cite similar laws for about a dozen countries.
That's funny, but how would that apply to the zionists?

That wasn't the question.

there is no right of return.

if there is, I want my family's property in Belarus.

No you can't.

That wasn't the question.
True. She doesn't generally answer direct questions to protect her narrative.

there is no right of return.

if there is, I want my family's property in Belarus.

You should see my family's property in Ireland!

I searched and didn't see any. Have a link?

Greece:

Greek Citizenship Code Chapter A ACQUISITION OF GREEK CITIZENSHIP I. De Iure, By Birth Article 1 1. A child of a Greek father or a Greek mother acquires Greek Citizenship by birth.

This can be passed on indefinitely from generation to generation regardless of residence.

Forum List

Back