I can has herb garden!

Sunshine

Trust the pie.
Dec 17, 2009
Well, the herb garden is planted. Wal Mart didn't have any flat leaf parsley, though. Gotta be sure and get that, may check Lowes.

Have the usual just like the song, parsley, sage, rosemary, thyme. But also have oregano in another location as it is invasive, and mint in another location. Today was warm, but still not too hot to get my plants in the ground!

Well, the herb garden is planted. Wal Mart didn't have any flat leaf parsley, though. Gotta be sure and get that, may check Lowes.

Have the usual just like the song, parsley, sage, rosemary, thyme. But also have oregano in another location as it is invasive, and mint in another location. Today was warm, but still not too hot to get my plants in the ground!

Sounds nice, in my area Wal Mart is STOCKED with garden supplies.

We got one going on the terrace..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kw1SYFSnw2U]TerraceGarden.3gp - YouTube[/ame]

That's what it looked like last year.

TerraceGarden.3gp - YouTube

Nice. Last year when I was so sick and couldn't dig in the dirt, I put a basil plant in a pot. The squirrels ate the leaves, then came back for the stems, then dug the roots out of the pot. If the do anything this in ground one, I'm having squirrel for dinner!

I'm thinkin' about starting a herb garden also...... :eusa_whistle:

104-Peyotebuttoncity.jpg

Psilocybe_semilanceata.jpg

buy-salvia-divinorum.jpg

220px-Hemp_plants-cannabis_sativa-single_3.JPG

Nice. Last year when I was so sick and couldn't dig in the dirt, I put a basil plant in a pot. The squirrels ate the leaves, then came back for the stems, then dug the roots out of the pot. If the do anything this in ground one, I'm having squirrel for dinner!

A dog would solve your squirrel problems..

:cool:

we got one going on the terrace..

terracegarden.3gp - youtube

that's what it looked like last year.

nice. Last year when i was so sick and couldn't dig in the dirt, i put a basil plant in a pot. The squirrels ate the leaves, then came back for the stems, then dug the roots out of the pot. If the do anything this in ground one, i'm having squirrel for dinner!

a dog would solve your squirrel problems..

:cool:

lol.

OK, so today I got the w flat leaf parsley plants at Lowes. Got another rosemary plant so I will have 3. I use compost, but couldn't find any in town. Will check where I work on Monday. I bought more mint too. And a few perennials for elsewhere. Think I will line the side of the deck with mint. Got Lowes to order me 18 blue reblooming hydrangeous. But someone else is going to plant those for me. All I do is herbs and perennials.

Great minds think alike! I'm planting mine after the 16th cause we have had some cold night in the last week up here with frost and freeze warnings. I am trying container gardening this year. I have a heated porch so I am going to try to keep the herbs going through the winter. I am looking for all of the above plus savory, cilantro,basil. I have mint but in a large tree planter so it can't go crazy in the yard. Just big enough for a little in the spice rack and some to put in my tea.:) Growing vegies?

Squirrels eat herbs? Maybe I should just keep the herb planter on the porch. Squirrel for dinner?????:cheeky-smiley-018:

Squirrels eat herbs? Maybe I should just keep the herb planter on the porch. Squirrel for dinner?????:cheeky-smiley-018:

There's something enticing about the pots. They've never eaten any that I set in the ground. I take it you don't care for wild game! LOL.

I accidentally bought some lemon balm along with another pot of mint, thinking I was getting two pots of mint. Don't know a thing about lemon balm, how to use it, whether I should plant out to itself or in the herb bed. Going to have to do some checking about that.

I've already had tomato basil salad. Just cut up tomatoes and onions, julienne some basil into it. Season with salt, sugar, balsamic vinegar, and a tad bit of olive oil.

Forum List

Back