Foods for the weight loss

Aleksander

Rookie
Apr 30, 2012
EGGS: Think of them as little protein bombs. Plus, they're a good source of iron and lecithin, which is critical for brain health,
BEANS: They're low in fat, and packed with protein, fibre, and iron - nutrients crucial for building muscle and losing weight...

Dat's why Uncle Ferd alla time nappin' - so's he don't gain weight...
:cool:
Sleep lessens the effect genes have on weight
1 May`12 - Sleeping more may help you fight a genetic predisposition to gain weight, a new study says.
"The less sleep you get, the more your genes contribute to how much you weigh. The more sleep you get, the less your genes determine how much you weigh," says lead author Nathaniel Watson, a neurologist and co-director of the University of Washington Medicine Sleep Center in Seattle. Previous research has shown the connection between sleep and weight, but this study looks at the role of genetics.

Watson and his colleagues analyzed self-reported data on height, weight and sleep duration of 604 pairs of identical twins and 484 sets of fraternal twins in the University of Washington Twin Registry. People were considered to get short sleep if they slept less than seven hours a night; normal sleep if they slept seven to 8.9 hours, long sleep if they slept nine hours or more. The average age of participants was about 37 years; average sleep duration was 7.2 hours a night.

Among findings published online today in the journal Sleep, from the American Academy of Sleep Medicine:

•Those who slept longer at night had lower body mass index (BMI), based on weight and height, than those sleeping less.

•People who sleep less increase their genetic risk of an elevated BMI, Watson says.

•For twins averaging more than nine hours of sleep, genetic factors accounted for about 32% of weight variations; for those sleeping less than seven hours, genetic factors accounted for 70% of weight variations. For those sleeping seven to nine hours, 60% of the variation was due to genetic factors. Other factors that affect BMI include environmental ones.

MORE

Americans keep gettin' heavier...
:eek:
Adult Americans Keep Getting Fatter, Gallup Survey Reveals
April 18, 2014 - – Despite government efforts to combat obesity, Americans keep getting fatter, especially those who live in the South and Midwest, according to a Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index released in March.
"More than two in 10 adults were obese in nearly every state in 2013, with the exception of Montana,” the self-reporting survey states. “Three in 10 adults were obese in 11 states -- Mississippi, West Virginia, Delaware, Louisiana, Arkansas, South Carolina, Tennessee, Ohio, Kentucky, Oklahoma, and Alaska -- compared with only five states in 2012.”

obesity%202%20AP.jpg

The survey was based on telephone interviews between Jan. 2 and Dec. 29, 2013 from a random sample of 178,072 adults aged 18 and older living in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. It found that the percentage of obese adult Americans increased from 26.2 percent in 2012 to 27.1 percent in 2013. The number of obese adults is up 1.6 percent since 2008 when Gallup started conducting the survey.

Mississippi weighed-in as the state with the highest obesity rate at 35.4 percent, while Montana’s 19.6 percent was the lowest in the nation. With the exception of Delaware (third at 34.3 percent), the states rounding out the Top 10 for the most obese adult population were all in the South or the Midwest, including: Louisiana (32.7 percent); Arkansas (32.3 percent); South Carolina (31.4 percent); Tennessee (31.3 percent); Ohio (30.9 percent); Kentucky (30.6 percent) and Oklahoma (30.5 percent).

MORE

Yep, if you want to lose your weight, it's necessary to eat an egg and beans every day and delect dessert, especially sweets added fat, such as cakes, icecream, milk candy etc. And then I'd also like to recommend a sort of food: myotonin. If you add myotonin into your red beans when you boil a pot of red bean conjee, the effect of losing weight would be more remarkable.

Wow holy resurrection Batman! The foods you eat to lose weight are the ones that have less calories than you burn.

Dat's why Uncle Ferd alla time nappin' - so's he don't gain weight...
:cool:
Sleep lessens the effect genes have on weight
1 May`12 - Sleeping more may help you fight a genetic predisposition to gain weight, a new study says.
"The less sleep you get, the more your genes contribute to how much you weigh. The more sleep you get, the less your genes determine how much you weigh," says lead author Nathaniel Watson, a neurologist and co-director of the University of Washington Medicine Sleep Center in Seattle. Previous research has shown the connection between sleep and weight, but this study looks at the role of genetics.

Watson and his colleagues analyzed self-reported data on height, weight and sleep duration of 604 pairs of identical twins and 484 sets of fraternal twins in the University of Washington Twin Registry. People were considered to get short sleep if they slept less than seven hours a night; normal sleep if they slept seven to 8.9 hours, long sleep if they slept nine hours or more. The average age of participants was about 37 years; average sleep duration was 7.2 hours a night.

Among findings published online today in the journal Sleep, from the American Academy of Sleep Medicine:

•Those who slept longer at night had lower body mass index (BMI), based on weight and height, than those sleeping less.

•People who sleep less increase their genetic risk of an elevated BMI, Watson says.

•For twins averaging more than nine hours of sleep, genetic factors accounted for about 32% of weight variations; for those sleeping less than seven hours, genetic factors accounted for 70% of weight variations. For those sleeping seven to nine hours, 60% of the variation was due to genetic factors. Other factors that affect BMI include environmental ones.

MORE

This makes some sense. People eat food sometimes for the same reason they continue to smoke. It's the habit of putting your hand to your mouth. Once you get the chemicals out of your system when you quit, you still have to break the other habits or triggers.

Learning to sit down and read a book without a snack next to you for example, is something you have to learn. This is in addition to moving around more. It's a big undertaking, losing weight. More than just learning to eat less, it's an entire mindset.

Scientists have known for years that sleep deprivation increases levels of a hunger hormone and decreases levels of a hormone that makes you feel full. The effects may lead to overeating and weight gain.

It's a double edged sword, Obesity & Sleep 2 - National Sleep Foundation

Not only does obesity contribute to sleep problems such as sleep apnea, but sleep problems can also contribute to obesity. A 1999 study by scientists at the University of Chicago found that building up a sleep debt over a matter of days can impair metabolism and disrupt hormone levels. After restricting 11 healthy young adults to four hours' sleep for six nights, researchers found their ability to process glucose (sugar) in the blood had declined—in some cases to the level of diabetics.

Eat less than you burn to create a calorie deficit and you will lose weight. Exercise, both cardio and strength, to reduce muscle loss.

I agree on the Eggs, but not the Beans. Legumes are fattening.

• Thanks
Reactions: mal
Raw veggies and water foods can be helpful to lose the weight.
Eat more raw green leafy vegetables, fresh fruits, and nuts to burn your fat and lose unnecessary weight.
Green tea and citrus fruits juices are also very useful for the weight loss purposes.

Restrict your carbs and you'll lose weight.
Restrict them severely (can be dangerous) and you'll lose weight quickly.

It takes three months to establish a new routine. My advice is to get any carbs that you eat from fruit and vitamin rich fibers, like broccoli, sweet potatoes, etc.

Wow holy resurrection Batman! The foods you eat to lose weight are the ones that have less calories than you burn.

It's more complicated than that.

Yes and no. The general rule of thumb is eat portions according to the recommended FDA "Food Pyramid", a serving (portion) is the size of one's fist and never eat anything a couple of hours before going to bed.
Granted there are dietary restrictions some are faced with and some who literally have to eat more than three meals per day.
Whole grains are much better than highly processed and simple carbs.
If you feel you want 2nds, have more fruits or vegetables.
If you're mostly sedentary your fat/protein intake should be reduced to half and your simple sugar intake pretty much eliminated, ya don't need it, if the exact opposite is true then your fat/protein intake should be increased though I would still maintain a very low simple sugar intake.

I eat plain egg white omlettes or fill them with spinach or other greens , I also eat poached whole eggs . I eat lots of salad with cider vinegar and using greens that are nutritious like spinach , kale , swiss chard and any leafy green other than ice berg lettuce . I also add avocado and whatever else I have in the fridge . I eat lots of lean meat either boiled , broiled , grilled . I eat lots of poached or baked fish and chicken . Also for snacks i'll eat a 6 ounce can or 2 of Kippered Herring , sardines or a thick slice of chopped ham from one of those little 1 pound canned hams and a handful of pretzels . I count calories so I eat anything that is halfway healthy that has a low calorie count . I mostly stay away from all food that is white in color or that I know is refined . I eat Groats , whole grains , brown rice , boiled beans bought by bulk and I eat those things almost daily . I also eat some low cal vegetarian foods when I find them as I check stuff out at the grocery store . No one asked but I've lost 45 pounds in about 6 months and I have maintained my goal weight for 3-4 months . Next i'm going to lose another 20 pounds . Its my opinion that beer that I drink on weekends does nothing as far as my weight . I find that the biggest culprits in weight gain for me is starchy foods like potatoes and white bread .

EGGS: Think of them as little protein bombs. Plus, they're a good source of iron and lecithin, which is critical for brain health,
BEANS: They're low in fat, and packed with protein, fibre, and iron - nutrients crucial for building muscle and losing weight...

:thup: And..they contain no gluten. :thup: ( a protein counterproductive to weight loss )

Great thread, And also with protein in rich diet, you can loss weight in rapid way without any sort of hassle.

As long as you eat very few carb rich foods, such as bread or foods containing gluten. ( pasta, etc. )

Foods that contain the diet sabotaging protein, gluten:

GLUTEN FREE DIET

Chelsea Clinton's wedding got a lot of press play for the gorgeous locale, the esteemed guests, and her beautiful dress. But what also took the cake in terms of media coverage was, well, the cake. The gluten-free cake.

Just 10 years ago, barely anyone knew what the word gluten meant, let alone gave any thought to avoiding it. But now gluten-free diet menus are all the rage, and high-profile stars such as Gwyneth Paltrow, Rachel Weisz, and Victoria Beckham have been linked to the gluten-free diet lifestyle, which is said to contribute to increased energy, thinner thighs, and reduced belly bloat.

What It Is, Exactly?

Gluten is a protein found in the grains wheat, barley, and rye. Most of us unknowingly love it, because gluten gives our favorite foods that special touch: It makes pizza dough stretchy, gives bread its spongy texture, and is used to thicken sauces and soups.

Gluten-free eating has a basis in science, and it does help a genuine health problem. To people with a chronic digestive disorder called celiac disease, gluten is truly evil: Their bodies regard even a tiny crumb of it as a malicious invader and mount an immune response, says Alessio Fasano, M.D., medical director of the University of Maryland Center for Celiac Research in Baltimore. Problem is, this immune reaction ends up damaging the small intestine, which causes both great gastrointestinal distress and nutritional deficiencies. If untreated, these responses can then lead to intestinal cancers as well as complications such as infertility and osteoporosis.

Experts once thought celiac disease was a rare disorder,-------

Is Gluten Bad for Your Body? | Women's Health Magazine

Forum List

Back