Zone1 I believe God is punishing the US

I believe you reap what you sew, as secularism, and deviancy progress, as a nation we will reap what we sew.
But are you saying the secularism and deviancy are themselves harming the nation or that god is punishing us because of increasing secularism and deviancy?

Dude just admit you are a believer in God! You are only here to argue because deep, deep down you know we are right.
There you go again telling me what I believe. And I know you are wrong

I post here because it's a distraction like it is for all of you.

No one here is going to change the world with their posts

There you go again telling me what I believe. And I know you are wrong

I post here because it's a distraction like it is for all of you.

No one here is going to change the world with their posts
You post here because deep down you believe in God, you are hoping something someone says will remind you of that, you also post here so liberals, and progressive will think you are enlightened

You post here because deep down you believe in God, you are hoping something someone says will remind you of that, you also post here so liberals, and progressive will think you are enlightened

I really don't care what any of you people think about me because you have no clue about me. This is an anonymous message board and some of you even have multiple sock puppets here.

I think what really is your problem is that people are realizing they don't need your god and your Iron Age philosophies anymore.

Last edited:
Another personal conversation going on, probably having nothing to do with OP.

In any case, I keep getting this strong feeling that God is punishing America.

America overall, for example, is not racist. HOWEVER, t here are plenty of White supremacists just here at usmb, so I know there are still plenty of them in the US. Fortunately, they are being put down by various parties/prominent persons. But that's not the reason I believe God is punishing us, or even a primary reason, except that it is a SYMPTOM of our chronic DISEASE known as

well, you could call it

Narcissim?
Materialism?
Selfishness?

and worst of all

Rejecting Christ.

If one truly follows Christ, one will not be a racist (even though people do prefer to be with their own group. people like them.. nothing seriously wrong with that unless said group rejects others for dumbass reasons like how they look)

It was an either/or question. "Yes" is not the answer.
Seems like he was answering yes to both questions. It really wasn't an either or question. It could be both. But in my mind God doesn't need to punish us as the predictable surprises of deviating from standards does that all by itself.

How so? Because I don't see God as needing to push any buttons or pull any levers. That would seem to negate free will.
As it says in the Word, God is not mocked. Whatsoever a person or nation sows, so shall he reap

And as Thomas Jefferson said

God's justice will not sleep forever (may not be verbatim)

case in point: Roe

We had that sick monster for something like 53 years

the after-effects are obviously still with us... people are now advocating murdering BORN children !

As it says in the Word, God is not mocked. Whatsoever a person or nation sows, so shall he reap

And as Thomas Jefferson said

God's justice will not sleep forever (may not be verbatim)

case in point: Roe

We had that sick monster for something like 53 years

the after-effects are obviously still with us... people are now advocating murdering BORN children !
That's not God pushing buttons though.

I have no idea what your concept of pushing buttons is so cannot respond
God authoring events on earth that are punishing America is what is meant by pushing buttons.

You are the one who is claiming God is punishing America. right? Don't you have an idea of what that means? It's your claim. So you should be able to say how God is doing that, right?

God authoring events on earth that are punishing America is what is meant by pushing buttons.

You are the one who is claiming God is punishing America. right? Don't you have an idea of what that means? It's your claim. So you should be able to say how God is doing that, right?
People are largely doing it to themselves and society. But God.. What He is doing is

allowing us to self-destruct

However, people are catching onto the insanity..

See (for one) my Politics post about how young people are rejecting the lawlessness of abortion 2024. It looks like the Rs don't have to write off the young vote after all! NOT hardly :)

People are largely doing it to themselves and society. But God.. What He is doing is

allowing us to self-destruct

However, people are catching onto the insanity..

See (for one) my Politics post about how young people are rejecting the lawlessness of abortion 2024. It looks like the Rs don't have to write off the young vote after all! NOT hardly :)
Right, so God isn't pushing any buttons. God allows us to suffer the consequences of our actions and behaviors. I don't see that as God punishing America.

well, you don't see it and I do

otay
Yes, I see people suffering the consequences of their actions and behaviors. Just as I see people avoiding the consequences of their actions and behaviors. It's statistical in nature. Keep doing it enough and they'll eventually suffer them. God isn't the author of these events though.

Another personal conversation going on, probably having nothing to do with OP.

In any case, I keep getting this strong feeling that God is punishing America.

America overall, for example, is not racist. HOWEVER, t here are plenty of White supremacists just here at usmb, so I know there are still plenty of them in the US. Fortunately, they are being put down by various parties/prominent persons. But that's not the reason I believe God is punishing us, or even a primary reason, except that it is a SYMPTOM of our chronic DISEASE known as

well, you could call it

Narcissim?
Materialism?
Selfishness?

and worst of all

Rejecting Christ.

If one truly follows Christ, one will not be a racist (even though people do prefer to be with their own group. people like them.. nothing seriously wrong with that unless said group rejects others for dumbass reasons like how they look)
So then why isn't your god punishing Sweden and Norway? Those countries are some of the least religious in the industrialized world.

Americans are punishing themselves because they are allowing the government, big corps and social media to control them.

Forum List

Back