Zone1 I believe God is punishing the US

Have you read the Tao te Ching?

Get back to me when you can quote anything about reincarnation from it.

And everyone is eternal in the now but you don't get that either. It doesn't mean life after death or never dying.

All things return to the source (universe) like a raindrop returns to the ocean.
Yes, I see many similarities to what the other major religions teach.

Yes, I see many similarities to what the other major religions teach.

Quote me the chapter of the Tao that says anything about living forever or reincarnation and not what someone else tells you.

Ch 56

He who knows (the Tao) does not (care to) speak (about it); he who is (ever ready to) speak about it does not know it.

Quote me the chapter of the Tao that says anything about living forever or reincarnation and not what someone else tells you.

Ch 56

He who knows (the Tao) does not (care to) speak (about it); he who is (ever ready to) speak about it does not know it.
I'm afraid you are going to have to come to terms with your being just like every other religious fanatic that you hate.

I'm afraid you are going to have to come to terms with your being just like every other religious fanatic that you hate.
I'm afraid you're going to have to accept being wrong.

Until you can actually quote the Tao Te Ching to prove you points all you have is other people telling you what they think it says.

At least I actually read the bible and formed my own opinions on the crap it contains you have to have other people form your opinions for you.

Ch 56

Why does it bother you that others are Catholic?

I tend to think that means there's something going on in the old psyche that.. you have not examined.

It is, in the end, none of your business what people believe. Why do you act like it harms you somehow for someone to be Catholic?

I'm afraid you're going to have to accept being wrong.

Until you can actually quote the Tao Te Ching to prove you points all you have is other people telling you what they think it says.

At least I actually read the bible and formed my own opinions on the crap it contains you have to have other people form your opinions for you.
A simple google search proves you are wrong. I've provided the links already. My obligation is satisfied.

Why does it bother you that others are Catholic?

I tend to think that means there's something going on in the old psyche that.. you have not examined.

It is, in the end, none of your business what people believe. Why do you act like it harms you somehow for someone to be Catholic?
Where did I mention Catholics in that post you quoted?

I already told you IDGAF what you believe but I have every right to criticize any religious institution I want.

and a religious institution is not a person it's a business.

and a religious institution is not a person it's a business.
Jesus made the Church both. I'm sure he would prefer the Church being less business and more.. whatever... spiritual... but nowhere did Jesus ever say that everything would be perfect in His Church, that all his members would be perfect saints. He knew (knows) human nature better than anyone

A simple google search proves you are wrong. I've provided the links already. My obligation is satisfied.
Yup simple is all you can handle.

Why bother to read the actual book when you can have people you know nothing about tell you what it means.

Jesus made the Church both. I'm sure he would prefer the Church being less business and more.. whatever... spiritual... but nowhere did Jesus ever say that everything would be perfect in His Church, that all his members would be perfect saints. He knew (knows) human nature better than anyone

Jesus was dead when the RCC decided they were the sole arbiter of everything Christian.

Do you really think Jesus would have condoned all the murders committed by the Catholic Church? How about the hundreds of thousands or quite probably millions of children abused all over the world by priests and the Church protecting the pedophiles?

Yup simple is all you can handle.

Why bother to read the actual book when you can have people you know nothing about tell you what it means.

Jesus was dead when the RCC decided they were the sole arbiter of everything Christian.

Do you really think Jesus would have condoned all the murders committed by the Catholic Church? How about the hundreds of thousands or quite probably millions of children abused all over the world by priests and the Church protecting the pedophiles?
Plenty of Taoists who believe in reincarnation and immortality. Couldn't find one link opposing that belief. Found plenty which talked about reincarnation and immortality.

Plenty of Taoists who believe in reincarnation and immortality. Couldn't find one link opposing that belief. Found plenty which talked about reincarnation and immortality.

How many is plenty?

And if you bothered to actually read any scholarly writings you would know that there are actually 3 different types pf Taoism but you refuse to read because you know you need other people to tell you what words mean.

How many is plenty?

And if you bothered to actually read any scholarly writings you would know that there are actually 3 different types pf Taoism but you refuse to read because you know you need other people to tell you what words mean.

More than none.

More than none.

A lot of Christians believe all kinds of wackier shit than you so I guess you must believe all that too right?

At least I actually read the bible several times and have made up my own mind. You let other people tell you what something means.

so IF all those people you are quoting were actually following the Tao as written by Lao Tzu they wouldn't be on You tube telling you what the Tao is.

A lot of Christians believe all kinds of wackier shit than you so I guess you must believe all that too right?

At least I actually read the bible several times and have made up my own mind. You let other people tell you what something means.

so IF all those people you are quoting were actually following the Tao as written by Lao Tzu they wouldn't be on You tube telling you what the Tao is.
I'm just saying you are a religious fanatic is all.

I'm just saying you are a religious fanatic is all.

and you are certainly speaking a lot about it.

and you are certainly speaking a lot about it.
The best warrior leads without haste
fights without anger
overcomes without confrontation

Forum List

Back