I am SOOO lucky to be living in Chicago.

I notice you ignore the part about the hate groups. Organized hate An enormously bigger danger to America than some poor people living in a poverty stricken area.
Even though you pretend to be as ignorant as possible, we both know that you know that to be true. Hate groups are nearly all white and are a much bigger danger to America.
Actually, the largest hate group in America is composed of liberals who are members of the Democrat party. ...... :cool:

I am reading that....... "of America’s three biggest cities, Chicago had the highest violent crime rate at 884.26 violent crimes per capita. New York City had a rate of 596.7 and Los Angeles had a rate of 490.71."

May be inside these cities here and there, are little pockets of sanity. :dunno:

But all and all the statistics are dire.

I just retired a few weeks ago. I live right across the street from Wrigley Field. Right now, Billy Joel is practicing for tonight's concert. People go sit on their front porches and listen to the show. Amazing how they set up the sound. He's singing and the band is playing and suddenly he says, wait, right there, there is a dead spot, and raise the base on the piano. It sounds like a toy.

A lot of young people live in the neighborhood. Take a $1800 a month three bedroom apartment, split the rent three ways and it's very affordable with a full size dining room, kitchen, living room and back yard.

They bring their friends over, sit on the front porch or back yard and barbecue.

It's nice hearing the sounds of people cheerfully talking and laughing and having a good time on three sides of my back yard. Of course, it's very diverse around here. And when you walk around people nearly always say hi or good morning. The guys hold the door open for the ladies at the coffee shop or one of the little food places all around the neighborhood.

I live in a building with three other retirees. One has cancer and probably only has a couple of months to live. He's in his 80's and is actually very lucky. His mom, sister and family members visit. Yea, mom. She's 103. He is very religious so he isn't afraid of dying at all. Of course he doesn't want to die, but he's excited he's going to meet Jesus. That's one of those things about religion I never thought about and was surprised to learn. Even though I have no religious beliefs, I have no problem with someone who does. Unless they try to shove it into my face. Or try to force their beliefs on me. Which he doesn't and never has.

One of the other retirees is black. I have gone to visit relatives all over Chicago since this person has 11 brothers and sisters and the mom had 12. I went to a wedding that was in an enormous banquet room seating hundreds and it was almost full. Some of the relatives live in all black neighborhoods, some in mixed. I never felt threatened in any of them. Of course there are bad places in Chicago. But it's not like it's half the city.

There are street fairs nearly every weekend all during the Spring, Fall and Summer. A couple of weeks ago, one had little blow up trampolines for the kids. With games and cooking. People in the neighborhood getting to know each other.
Weekend before last, there was an art fair down a different street. A really good one with absolutely amazing Art. Americans are so talented.

Last weekend (I think it was last weekend. Time runs different when you aren't ruled by an alarm clock.) was an air show right over my house with jets and all the noise. A lot of people don't like it, but I do. I love the US military. It's so hi tech.

So when these people go on about how dangerous Chicago is and how bad all the blacks are, I have only one word for them. "Deliverance". oink oink
Illinois and Michigan are opposite, or used to be because downtown Detroit is sweet again, but in Michigan Detroit is bad and the burbs are nice. In Illinois Chicago is nice but the burbs are bad. At least some of them are. Is that right? What are the worst cities in Illinois?

We have 3 of the most dangerous cities in America flint Saginaw and Detroit. Other than that Michigan is great.

Detroit downtown is pretty cool but it's no Chicago. Chicago is much better.

But we have up north. All that wilderness. Does Illinois have woods? Nature is very important to me. I love NYC and Chicago but could never live there. But I'd love to visit

hey come on give dean some credit....he did a long story and did not mention his arch enemies once....

Agreed. I was looking thru wondering what is up? Something in the air today?

Saw two car crashes w/i 1 mi. One nasty rear-ender at a light. Car hit in bak pushed out in intersection and then drove off muffler/ bumper scraping. I thought to go stop.....but I mean took off? Other car smashed to hell! Weird.

Then big jam.....down a side street looked like double head on? WTH?

Then dean? Maybe he just came back from cancer DR? He even soft on religion suddenly?

I just retired a few weeks ago. I live right across the street from Wrigley Field. Right now, Billy Joel is practicing for tonight's concert. People go sit on their front porches and listen to the show. Amazing how they set up the sound. He's singing and the band is playing and suddenly he says, wait, right there, there is a dead spot, and raise the base on the piano. It sounds like a toy.

A lot of young people live in the neighborhood. Take a $1800 a month three bedroom apartment, split the rent three ways and it's very affordable with a full size dining room, kitchen, living room and back yard.

They bring their friends over, sit on the front porch or back yard and barbecue.

It's nice hearing the sounds of people cheerfully talking and laughing and having a good time on three sides of my back yard. Of course, it's very diverse around here. And when you walk around people nearly always say hi or good morning. The guys hold the door open for the ladies at the coffee shop or one of the little food places all around the neighborhood.

I live in a building with three other retirees. One has cancer and probably only has a couple of months to live. He's in his 80's and is actually very lucky. His mom, sister and family members visit. Yea, mom. She's 103. He is very religious so he isn't afraid of dying at all. Of course he doesn't want to die, but he's excited he's going to meet Jesus. That's one of those things about religion I never thought about and was surprised to learn. Even though I have no religious beliefs, I have no problem with someone who does. Unless they try to shove it into my face. Or try to force their beliefs on me. Which he doesn't and never has.

One of the other retirees is black. I have gone to visit relatives all over Chicago since this person has 11 brothers and sisters and the mom had 12. I went to a wedding that was in an enormous banquet room seating hundreds and it was almost full. Some of the relatives live in all black neighborhoods, some in mixed. I never felt threatened in any of them. Of course there are bad places in Chicago. But it's not like it's half the city.

There are street fairs nearly every weekend all during the Spring, Fall and Summer. A couple of weeks ago, one had little blow up trampolines for the kids. With games and cooking. People in the neighborhood getting to know each other.
Weekend before last, there was an art fair down a different street. A really good one with absolutely amazing Art. Americans are so talented.

Last weekend (I think it was last weekend. Time runs different when you aren't ruled by an alarm clock.) was an air show right over my house with jets and all the noise. A lot of people don't like it, but I do. I love the US military. It's so hi tech.

So when these people go on about how dangerous Chicago is and how bad all the blacks are, I have only one word for them. "Deliverance". oink oink
Illinois and Michigan are opposite, or used to be because downtown Detroit is sweet again, but in Michigan Detroit is bad and the burbs are nice. In Illinois Chicago is nice but the burbs are bad. At least some of them are. Is that right? What are the worst cities in Illinois?

We have 3 of the most dangerous cities in America flint Saginaw and Detroit. Other than that Michigan is great.

Detroit downtown is pretty cool but it's no Chicago. Chicago is much better.

But we have up north. All that wilderness. Does Illinois have woods? Nature is very important to me. I love NYC and Chicago but could never live there. But I'd love to visit

Read the list bo.....bo don't know.

RankCity30Chicago Heights, IL29Baton Rouge, LA28Buffalo, NY27Hattiesburg, MS26East Chicago, IN25Birmingham, AL24Desert Hot Springs, CA23Compton, CA22Myrtle Beach, SC21Fort Pierce, FL20Harvey, IL19Bridgeton, NJ18Flint, MI17Rocky Mount, NC16Pine Bluff, AR15Petersburg, VA14Newark, NJ13Baltimore, MD12Harrisburg, PA11Jackson, MS10Wilmington, DE9Trenton, NJ8Riviera Beach, FL7New Orleans, LA6Camden, NJ5Detroit, MI4Gary, IN3St. Louis, MO2Chester, PA1East St. Louis, IL

I am reading that....... "of America’s three biggest cities, Chicago had the highest violent crime rate at 884.26 violent crimes per capita. New York City had a rate of 596.7 and Los Angeles had a rate of 490.71."

May be inside these cities here and there, are little pockets of sanity. :dunno:

But all and all the statistics are dire.
The way bigger danger to America. Hate groups. The Alt-Right, Extremist White Nationalists and racist Republicans.

The following are the top twelve states with the most hate groups by population. Exactly the states we would expect, don't ya think?

12 States With the Most Hate Groups

12. Texas
11. Pennsylvania
10. Missouri
9. Virginia
8. Georgia
7. Oklahoma
6. Louisiana
5. Alabama
4. South Carolina
3. Tennessee
2. Mississippi
1. Arkansas

Some poor blacks in poverty stricken neighborhoods are not going to cause civil war or bring down the country. Only organizations as big as the KKK and the Aryan Nation and the other hundreds of White Wing hate groups have the power to do that. That's why I listed states with the most hate groups.

But if you want to look at poverty stricken groups, sure, you can pick out a section of a city here or there, but with Republicans, you have Appalachia, coal miners in West Virginia and poor whites spread across the entire deep south. And, we know the number one cause of people dying from guns are right wingers committing suicide. We've posted those statistics before. Many times.

The following are the top twelve states with the most hate groups by population. Exactly the states we would expect, don't ya think?
Had all the hate groups in country combined shot as many people as had been shot in Chicago by July?

The answer to that would be "no". They were probably too busy comparing butt cracks and drinking Hamm's.

Black lives only matter when people like you can leverage them for political gain.

Last edited:
And, we know the number one cause of people dying from guns are right wingers committing suicide.
Deanie boy, just because a white person uses a gun to commit suicide, doesn't make him a right wing Republican. ........ :cuckoo:
If they are mostly white men and mostly in the deep south, then it's a pretty good indication.

hey come on give dean some credit....he did a long story and did not mention his arch enemies once....

Arch enemies (ie republicans)
They're not my enemies. They are enemies of America. "Law and Order" is Trump code for "Police State".
They're not my enemies
you are right dean.....your posts tell us that....
You know who else used to love living in Chicago? Dwayne Wade's cousin. But now she's dead because she got caught in some crossfire. Pushing her baby in a stroller.

Rdean, what say you?

I have a friend who lives in Chicago and describes the same thing. He says there are lots of neighborhoods where people look out for each other. I've visited quite a lot over the years and believe its an exciting city. Problem is, I don't like cities anymore.

About concerts - a millennium ago, friends and I spread a blanket and had a picnic in Central Park, NYC for the Simon and Garfunkle free concert. Lots of wine and grass on a warm summer night. Loved it.

While I don't ever want to live in a city again, I do enjoy visiting them for the concerts, restaurants, museums ... Several times a year, we get tickets to a show and go for a short vacation and to catch up on shopping for things we can't get here and/or don't want to order on line. Last time, we picked up some wine making supplies we ran short of and hit the Whole Foods store.

Arch enemies (ie republicans)
They're not my enemies. They are enemies of America. "Law and Order" is Trump code for "Police State".
They're not my enemies
you are right dean.....your posts tell us that....
You know who else used to love living in Chicago? Dwayne Wade's cousin. But now she's dead because she got caught in some crossfire. Pushing her baby in a stroller.

Rdean, what say you?

Gosh. You mean that never happens any place but Chicago?

Forum List

Back