I am pro gun but have expressed my questions about the need for the AR-15 in society

You're officially a liar. Better luck next time.
What am I lying about?

An AR-15 IS a gun. You are against the ownership of AR-15's by LAW ABIDING citizens.

Therefore, you are not fully FOR gun ownership. Just limited ownership as you feel "necessary", which is NOT the intent of the 2nd Amendment.
We're already not allowed to own certain weapons, felons can't have weapons, kids can't buy guns... The 2nd has been infringed upon many times already. So if we're making a list of outlawed weapons... What's a few more? You would still have the right to own a gun. It's not necessarily a black or white thing.

Heller, Miller, Caetano, Friedman already protect semi-automatic rifles, and the AR-15 by name.......
And a partridge in a pear tree

That's telling you, 2Aguy! Take That! o_O

The AR-15, first and foremost, is protected by the 2nd Amendment, and specifically by Supreme Court rulings in Heller, Caetano, Miller and Friedman v Highland park.

After that..... some think that the AR-15 is better for home defense because it can be customized in ways a shotgun can't, and several different shooters can use an Ar-15 in the same home while a shotgun isn't the best long gun for a woman or small man......

You don't get to choose the tool someone depends on for their life or the lives of their family members.
When you customize a gun designed to be full auto into a semi auto it's like putting a Toyota Prius engine into a Lambo Diablo, it's stupid

You can't customize a semiauto into a full auto

The only way you can make a semiauto a full auto is by changing the actual firing mechanism and that's not as easy as people think

some you can,,
Tell us more champ
Fat+guy+with+AR.jpg

is that your son or husband???

You should be prouder of your Mom...………………………

maxresdefault.jpg

You heard it first from the crackpot "pro-gunner:" The AR-15 isn't accurate enough for home defense (though its military counterpart is good enough to use in combat), yet the shotgun, the most inaccurate of all weapons which just sprays a blast of shot out hoping one or more will hit its target is better for home defense! :cuckoo:
So, you don't even NEED an AR-15 in society! And if you don't need that, you certainly don't need AK-47s and a hundred other carbine and assault style variants! The very weapons which if it ever came down to civil collapse with no power, food or water and it was every man for himself, or a military action by the government, the very thing the Founders sought to give the people the power to resist, these would be your FIRST choice of weapons.

And you heard it all here first, from your friendly pro-gun, pro-UFO, pro-relativistic Bigfoot black hole denying Lake Champlain loving person, FRANNIE, shooter-extraordinaire.
The military does not use semi auto pea shooters like the semi ar15 when in combat

I guess you never heard of the M16, you flaming butthole!

M16 rifle - Wikipedia

The M16 is the military counterpart of the AR-15 used ALL AROUND THE WORLD, you clueless twit.
All the m16 did in Vietnam is jam, the USA no longer uses the thing as it's functionally obsolete.

Vietnam War troops hated the M16 and called it a piece of garbage

Play on

You don't have to sell me. The AR-15/M16 platform is nothing I would buy for myself. As impervious as the AK is to dirt and abuse, the AR is sensitive to it. And the AK has a lot more stopping power. But then, the average american home isn't as dirty as the Vietnam jungle.

My real issue is not with gun ownership but with the people who view the ar15 as a sort of god inspired by the constitution.
-------------------------------- BUY whatever you like in a Free Country is what it is . Spend your money and take you chances Franny .

The military does not use semi auto pea shooters like the semi ar15 when in combat

I guess you never heard of the M16, you flaming butthole!

M16 rifle - Wikipedia

The M16 is the military counterpart of the AR-15 used ALL AROUND THE WORLD, you clueless twit.
All the m16 did in Vietnam is jam, the USA no longer uses the thing as it's functionally obsolete.

Vietnam War troops hated the M16 and called it a piece of garbage

Play on

You don't have to sell me. The AR-15/M16 platform is nothing I would buy for myself. As impervious as the AK is to dirt and abuse, the AR is sensitive to it. And the AK has a lot more stopping power. But then, the average american home isn't as dirty as the Vietnam jungle.

My real issue is not with gun ownership but with the people who view the ar15 as a sort of god inspired by the constitution.
-------------------------------- BUY whatever you like in a Free Country is what it is . Spend your money and take you chances Franny .
Then go buy some Mexican Fentanyl and party out

I have said that this gun is a watered down version of a military weapon that has no place in society as there are far better hunting rifles and the shotgun is typically better for home defense. However since I now know that Hollywood is hunting me, all I can say is lock and load, everything...…..hollow points, exploding rounds and laser targeting preferred
The Hunt - IMDb
OMG there is no connection between hunting and the second amendment

I have said that this gun is a watered down version of a military weapon that has no place in society as there are far better hunting rifles and the shotgun is typically better for home defense. However since I now know that Hollywood is hunting me, all I can say is lock and load, everything...…..hollow points, exploding rounds and laser targeting preferred
The Hunt - IMDb
Explain that to the NRA not me...………….

NRA Hunting | Home

They really need your education

The Hunt - IMDb

NRA Hunting | Home

I don't have to explain something that doesn't exist

The Hunt - IMDb

NRA Hunting | Home

You have to explain the inferiority complex that drove you to own that many guns...…..

Your Mother lock you in the closet for long huh?

The Hunt - IMDb

NRA Hunting | Home

You have to explain the inferiority complex that drove you to own that many guns...…..

I don't have to explain anything to you. My rights are not dependent on your need to feel safe

The Hunt - IMDb

NRA Hunting | Home

I don't have to explain anything to you. My rights are not dependent on your need to feel safe
Does owning 500 guns make you feel safe?

Cheap ARs are made in E. European countries.
Many parts are stamped instead of milled.
These pieces of shit are then smuggled into the US via Mexico and S. America.
The Cartels control ALL the gun/drug smuggling.
The 'tree dweller' who shot the cops in Pits. had one of these AR knockoffs.
He sure as shit didn't buy it legally.
"But if he'd only have gone through a background check!"
Ya fucking RIGHT!

NRA Hunting | Home

Does owning 500 guns make you feel safe?
It makes me wealthy and if a ban comes it will make me a millionaire thank you very much

The AR is an extremely accurate platform. Highly modular. It is no more lethal than many guns with the same capacity and different styling.

I wouldn't presume to tell someone how to choose the way in which they defend themselves.
Actually many AR-15 style weapons are krap that blow up in the faces of the users.

Link
What is it that you think you would get for this price

ATI Omni Hybrid Maxx AR-15 5.56 NATO Semi Auto Rifle 16" Barrel 30 Rounds M-LOK Hand Guard Carbine Alpha Collapsible Stock Matte Black Finish | Cheaper Than Dirt

I paid 800 dollars for a pistol 25 years ago

You get a cheap AR that wont last very long and will probably be prone to jamming.

The Hunt - IMDb
So if we didn't have this gun you think there would be less gun violence?
Idiots buy these because they look like military weapons, the fact is that there are far more accurate weapons and more dangerous as well for home users

But you're okay with say a Colt AR?

AR 15 is fine and while it is good for Self Defense , hunting and other Legal purposes even it it does blow up in some Purchasers faces that is NONE of my or other Gun Buyers Business . First thing is , let the Buyer Beware . Course if they want to follow your warnings as to the DANGER of the AR Gun types and what gun to buy . That's a Personal decision and should remain a PERSONAL Decision Frannie .
LOL so you would let your child shoot a gun that might take their face off.

You just demonstrated the ignorance that the ignorant own

Who said anything about letting kids shoot it?
And you still haven't demonstrated their so called propensity to blow up when fired.

The Hunt - IMDb
Idiots buy these because they look like military weapons, the fact is that there are far more accurate weapons and more dangerous as well for home users
This is what a cheap AR can do at 300 yards
IMG_20181211_170104504.jpg

The AR is an extremely accurate platform. Highly modular. It is no more lethal than many guns with the same capacity and different styling.

I wouldn't presume to tell someone how to choose the way in which they defend themselves.
Actually many AR-15 style weapons are krap that blow up in the faces of the users.

Link

ATI Omni Hybrid Maxx AR-15 5.56 NATO Semi Auto Rifle 16" Barrel 30 Rounds M-LOK Hand Guard Carbine Alpha Collapsible Stock Matte Black Finish | Cheaper Than Dirt

You get a cheap AR that wont last very long and will probably be prone to jamming.

Link

And?

The Hunt - IMDb
--------------------------------------------------------- once again , so what . Its a personal decision as to what LEGAL Gun to buy Frannie .

Where is the link to that model of firearm blowing up in user's faces?

I'd love to buy one and get in on that lawsuit.
Suing is not allowed gun manufacturers are protected. This however is my favorite link it is however a .50 cal and not an ar

Actually, you're wrong. You can't sue a company (any company, not just gun companies) for what people DO with their products.

You can sue a gun company if their product, while being used properly, blows up in their face.

You can sue for anything actually, you can also waste your time

Faces all intact.

Nope because the jam allowed the enemy to take off the ar15 shooters entire head.

Next fart

Reality is real

I've put thousands of rounds through my Sig AR without a single malfunction.

Forum List

Back