I am Conservative and pro immigration. America is also pro immigration.

... an obvious sign is the predominant use of Spanish in common everyday encounters (signs, automated system: Press 1 to speak in English, 2 for Spanish, and ESPN Ocho, etc.)

Those are decisions made by English speaking executives of private companies to reach more customers. Do you want to tell private companies what they can and cannot do?

Immigrants today are assimilating just fine. The Melting Pot is still cooking.
We should listen to all opinions . But it stretches good and wise sense to let blind and deaf people be judges of the visible and audible .Let alone those that pretend to be blind and deaf to presumably gather cheap sympathy .

We should listen to all opinions . But it stretches good and wise sense to let blind and deaf people be judges of the visible and audible .Let alone those that pretend to be blind and deaf to presumably gather cheap sympathy .
???????????????

Those are decisions made by English speaking executives of private companies to reach more customers. Do you want to tell private companies what they can and cannot do?
So the Internal Revenue Service is concerned with reaching more tax payers? Or how about the Department of Justice? Or the zillion other government agencies?

So we can just ignore the millions of illegals pouring over the border as a nothing burger, and they will magically all be assimilated to American culture?

The "doors" to this country need to be slammed SHUT and LOCKED UP TIGHT!
Until the people can deal with the corrupt politicians, and then clean up this country and put it back in order.
Which could take 20-50 years at LEAST.

In the meantime, we DO NOT NEED immigration going on. Especially all the illegals slithering in.
WE NEED TIGHT, SECURE borders, with DEADLY consequences on entering illegally.
And get rid of all those that slithered in here since Obozo oozed into the White House.

I am pro migration.

I am ANTI ILLEGAL immigration.
It's people like you who can't see beyond what they post. They (you) cannot consider the "chain" Immigration that is what populated the United States in the 17th and 18th Centuries. The other take of not thought is they vote for members of Congress, those you support who are faux conservatives and out of touch with reality. They won't work an pass a practical immigration bill.

I am Conservative and pro immigration. America is also pro immigration.

But this needs a little tiny bit of unpacking.

In order to comprehend my meaning, as intended, it needs to be clear that there is a major and crucial distinction between “immigration” and “illegal immigration.”

I see the United States (in modern days at least) as being far more open to legal immigration (not even factoring in asylum cases) than any other nation on Earth.

There are considerations for immigration which are attended to by the legal immigration process. These considerations don’t get attended to at all via illegal immigration. These considerations include education, the social utility to America of an applicant’s qualifications, and it includes things like disease and mental health, etc.

If a would-be immigrant doesn’t give a damn about the considerations that undergird the immigration policy of the United States, then we don’t need to give a damn about the burden they will face on being deported. (Noting again the difference between immigration and asylum.)
The biggest problem with illegal immigration is that it's "ILLEGAL."
Oh, and then there's that other thing...No, not the race thing. Not the hugely ridiculous number of illegals crossing the border. Not even the drug/sex trafficking thing which are all quite bad enough. But the thing that should keep everyone up at night is the thing we don't know. Remember 911? Among many of the illegals are those with untraceable or even fabricated backgrounds from different parts of the world, including those that want to do the US harm, like spies from the Chinese government, or maybe a middle eastern terrorist. One person armed with a dirty bomb can take out several city blocks.

I support merit based immigration of highly qualifed individuals along with their immediate family (meaning wife and children only) but no chain immigration
H-1B Is the Fatcats' Kitty Litter

Instead, America should close the borders to skilled and educated foreigners and be forced by that to create more natural motivations for native-born talent to improve itself. The shortages are caused by that negligence, so it is irresponsible of them to ignore their snobbish and egoistical failure in motivating 90% of our talent because this 1% demands that we improve our opportunities by the restrictive and ineffective paths it tells us to follow. The ruling class must be overthrown because of its treason in blaming its own people for our imaginary need to coddle foreigners.

Of course the immigrants despise us for allowing ourselves to get pushed around by transnationalist traitors. They despise the American Way because we are not following it, so why should they?

Every lasting nation allowed new people to come in until it actually formed a nation. Then it shut its doors and worked on developing the talent it had accumulated.

Forum List

Back