I am boycotting Will Smith

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
As much as I want to see Suicide Squad I am skipping it.

Anything with Will Smith I am boycotting. Could it be, just maybe, there weren't any worthy black actress or actors for the Oscars this year. There are always snubs, but this year is no different.

Second, Smith's movie was a bomb. He deserved a razor not an Oscar!

I agree that this whole Oscar boycotting thing is dumb, but you have to watch Suicide Squad. :eek:

In fairness I haven't heard anything about Will Smith boycotting the Oscars. As far as I know it's just his wife, and she never stood a chance at winning an Oscar anyways.

I hope Will Smith can recover from this crushing blow. Perhaps I'll start a GoFundMe page. lol

I'll agree with Will Smith's being overrated. He's a good comedic actor, but when he tries to go serious....it's bad.

I don't care about Smith, but I gotta say something's whacked when Mad Max Redeaux gets a best picture nomination and Straight Out of Compton is ignored.

I saw a movie with a black leading character and he had a blonde wife. It was blockbustery. I don't remember the name because obviously it flopped.

The opening scene was them in a bed. I remember thinking, someone wanted to bankrupt this producer. I never looked into it though.

The opening scene! My heavens people are cruel.

I don't care about Smith, but I gotta say something's whacked when Mad Max Redeaux gets a best picture nomination and Straight Out of Compton is ignored.

Agree.

The Mad Max movie was just stupid. And what's up with Charlize Theron picking one bad flick after another?

We watched The Martian a couple nights ago. Good, well done, book is better. Watching Everest tonight with our World Famous Atomic Cauliflower Pizza.

As for the OP boycotting Smith, I'm sure Smith will be wounded to the core. Its likely to lead to his retirement and very possibly leaving the country.

Why is this in Politics?

Sometimes I think I'm the only one here who knows there's more than two forums.

Straigh Out Of Compton did land a nomination. For best screenwriting.

Both writers are...wait for it...white.

:D

Who the fuck is Will Smith?

Son of legendary actress, Dame Maggie Smith.
upload_2016-1-21_17-0-10.png

Agree.

The Mad Max movie was just stupid. And what's up with Charlize Theron picking one bad flick after another?

We watched The Martian a couple nights ago. Good, well done, book is better. Watching Everest tonight with our World Famous Atomic Cauliflower Pizza.

As for the OP boycotting Smith, I'm sure Smith will be wounded to the core. Its likely to lead to his retirement and very possibly leaving the country.

Why is this in Politics?

Sometimes I think I'm the only one here who knows there's more than two forums.

I disagree. Mad Max was a great movie, and kept my attention the entire time. I'd say it was your average action movie, but the imagery made it more than that. The Martian was a good movie, but slow at times. Haven't read the book. Maybe I'll watch Everest tonight. Been planning on it for awhile. If you want to see a very good newer film watch Trumbo.

Forum List

Back