I am Back

I have been to two different message boards and finally figured that this is probably the best I have seen. So you will need to deal with me again! :eusa_whistle:

Welcome back to the groove and thanks for making the move. :)

welcomeback12.gif

I do find it odd that finding a place where serious political discussions happen seems impossible.

I think the problem is free speech.

The moment its granted TROLLS take over, and if the board is censored, the prejudices of the censor inevitably traint the discussions and drive off people who feel like they aren't being treated honestly.

I suspect that this problem is but a small reflection of the flaws in human nature.

No matter how one tries to be unbiased, one's POV will color and influence one's attempts at honest and fair censorship.

I do find it odd that finding a place where serious political discussions happen seems impossible.

I think the problem is free speech.

The moment its granted TROLLS take over, and if the board is censored, the prejudices of the censor inevitably traint the discussions and drive off people who feel like they aren't being treated honestly.

I suspect that this problem is but a small reflection of the flaws in human nature.

No matter how one tries to be unbiased, one's POV will color and influence one's attempts at honest and fair censorship.

Not to forget distance and anonymity. It's a lot safer to call someone names and impune their characture if they don't have to face the consequences of their bad manners.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back