hypothetical scenario- armed teacher

Add to that the chaos and confusion of the situation: students and teachers running in all directions, screaming, shouting, the sound of gunfire in the hallway absent hearing protection.

And we can assume teachers would be armed with semi-auto pistols, which require considerable experience and training to be even moderately proficient and accurate.

The idea that armed teachers can prevent school shootings is ignorant idiocy, resulting in only more dead students, shot by mistake by the inexperienced teachers who were supposed to protect them.
Why would you refuse training for the teachers? Nearly anyone can become proficient.
possibly ---with a lot of and continuous training...but even then you can't get REAL training with someone firing at you
even trained cops are notorious for inaccuracy
Good point about cops. I know several and most are not marksmen by any definition. I spend a lot of time in a very good simulator. I'm part of my church security team.
I've got nothing against cops--for sure.....
it's just that the physical realities of holding-aiming-holding, etc a pistol has many factors that can screw up the point of impact
...we fired at from 7 to 50 yards....at 7 yards you think it's so easy you can't miss--so that ''screws'' up you concentration and you can easily miss firing at a target at 7 yards--unless you concentrate
....that's aiming down the sights with pistols ...we also practiced quick fire without using sights with the M16A2

A school in I think Indiana has equipped their school with non-lethal security measures to stop a shooter. They won't disclose, but I'm guessing stun grenade or something of that sort at various points in the halls.

Listen, banning guns will NOT make schools safe so enough with this stupid nonsense. Melt every damn gun in America and these crazy freaks will go back to using bombs.

What is up with a gun safe? The firearm really needs to be on your person and ready to go. I sleep with a fucking 12 year old cat and a loaded .357 magnum for example. The cat is no watchdog, but it will look up when there is an unusual sound and stop purring. Plus I have Arlo Pro cameras so the "cloud" will capture the action, but still.

In NJ you can own a gun in your home, but it must be unloaded, locked up, and the ammunition must be locked up in a separate location away from the gun. Now a rapist murderous thug breaks in...this is where gun control leads.

What is up with a gun safe? The firearm really needs to be on your person and ready to go. I sleep with a fucking 12 year old cat and a loaded .357 magnum for example. The cat is no watchdog, but it will look up when there is an unusual sound and stop purring. Plus I have Arlo Pro cameras so the "cloud" will capture the action, but still.

In NJ you can own a gun in your home, but it must be unloaded, locked up, and the ammunition must be locked up in a separate location away from the gun. Now a rapist murderous thug breaks in...this is where gun control leads.

Here you used to have to leave your premises if an intruder broke in. If you optionally defended your home or family and an injury or death took place, you could be charged with a crime and held liable by the intruder or his family.

Our Castle Doctrine changed all that. Now if somebody breaks in, their ass is legally yours. You can't be held liable for anything you do to that intruder. Needless to say, criminals take great precautions to make sure nobody is in a home they plan to rob. Afterwards they extended the Castle Doctrine to your car if you have a CCW license. Breaking into my car is no different than breaking into my home as far as Ohio laws are concerned.

Here you used to have to leave your premises if an intruder broke in. If you optionally defended your home or family and an injury or death took place, you could be charged with a crime and held liable by the intruder or his family.

Our Castle Doctrine changed all that. Now if somebody breaks in, their ass is legally yours. You can't be held liable for anything you do to that intruder. Needless to say, criminals take great precautions to make sure nobody is in a home they plan to rob. Afterwards they extended the Castle Doctrine to your car if you have a CCW license. Breaking into my car is no different than breaking into my home as far as Ohio laws are concerned.

Sounds the same as Florida's castle law. Someone breaks into my home and I have to leave MY home? That's just freaking retarded. That's where the path down gun control leads, to absurd stupid shit like that.

I think most of the left is missing the point I regards to arming teachers.

The point of owning a gun is that you hope you never have to use it. It's called deterrence. You get staff in every school that is willing to train and have access to a firearm, then schools will no longer be perceived as an easy target by would be shooters. That alone would have quite a bit of impact on the number of shootings. Then, if one is brave enough to try it, then you have defenses there to counter.

How is it that the left cannot fathom the idea that gun bans will not stop these things, but only increase the number of defenseless people.

It is true, that new sales will stop for ar15 assault style weapons, but if the shooter cannot get his hands on that, he will move to the next closest thing, which will still have devastating outcomes.

Do you really think you will ever be able to get all guns off the street?

Why hasn't it clicked to you that all of these shootings are happening in gun free zones? I.e. having guns free zones invite trouble.

How is it that the left cannot fathom the idea that gun bans will not stop these things, but only increase the number of defenseless people.

The left gets their marching orders from the leftist politicians. The leftist politicians don't care about children. They've been using children, the elderly, the minorities for years as pawns to achieve their political goals. They know none of their suggestions will work, but it's not about making schools safer, it's about trying to disarm America baby step after baby step.

They just want to play dumb.

"Folks, liberals measure success by intent. Conservative measure success by results."
Rush Limbaugh

gawd - RW's live in simple little worlds all of their own.

Add to that the chaos and confusion of the situation: students and teachers running in all directions, screaming, shouting, the sound of gunfire in the hallway absent hearing protection.

And we can assume teachers would be armed with semi-auto pistols, which require considerable experience and training to be even moderately proficient and accurate.

The idea that armed teachers can prevent school shootings is ignorant idiocy, resulting in only more dead students, shot by mistake by the inexperienced teachers who were supposed to protect them.
Why would you refuse training for the teachers? Nearly anyone can become proficient.
possibly ---with a lot of and continuous training...but even then you can't get REAL training with someone firing at you
even trained cops are notorious for inaccuracy

So now cops shouldn’t have guns either?

And idk how you came to the conclusion that I’m a 2nd amendment “fanatic.”

Just a lucky guess
If a psychopath wants a gun he’s going to get his psychopath self a gun whether it’s from the free market gun shop on every corner or from wherever else. That’s why he’s called a PSYCHOPATH

Sure, but buying a gun on the black market would at least take some determination, planning and money. Not something an angry school kid with emotional problems could do so easily.. when you have a legally bought assault rifle handy in your closet though.....

:popcorn:
And idk how you came to the conclusion that I’m a 2nd amendment “fanatic.”

Just a lucky guess
If a psychopath wants a gun he’s going to get his psychopath self a gun whether it’s from the free market gun shop on every corner or from wherever else. That’s why he’s called a PSYCHOPATH

Sure, but buying a gun on the black market would at least take some determination, planning and money. Not something an angry school kid with emotional problems could do so easily.. when you have a legally bought assault rifle handy in your closet though.....

:popcorn:
What if it was an illegal assault rifle in the closet? Then what

Hallway_of_Reading_High_School-900x450.jpg

you're the Athletic Director, you're in your office (front left beside the sign over the door) - you hear shooting and kids screaming for their life .. you open the gun safe in your closet, get your Glock 23 semi auto 9mm pistol and start out the door ... at the other end of the hall theres a kid standing at the bottom of the stairs with a semi auto AR 15 spraying shots down the hall in your direction as fast as he can squeeze the trigger, and bullets whizzing by you one after the other .. lets say those stairs are at least 45-50 steps, probably more... a lengthy shot for a pistol whatever the exact distance ... under those conditions, students running every direction, crowded hallway - could

YOU

leave your room, stay under total control,take careful aim and kill or wound the shooter stopping him from killing students without hitting and injuring any kids yourself?

Ive been around guns all of my life. I started shooting .22 rimfire pistols when I was 6 - .357 mag pistols when I was 12. I rate the degree of difficulty in that exact scenario on a scale of 1-10 .. 100+

what would you do ?
I'd send you out. But what these lying scum never concede to is that carrying a gun does not mean you have to commit suicide. lol

you're the Athletic Director, you're in your office (front left beside the sign over the door) - you hear shooting and kids screaming for their life .. you open the gun safe in your closet, get your Glock 23 semi auto 9mm pistol and start out the door ... at the other end of the hall theres a kid standing at the bottom of the stairs with a semi auto AR 15 spraying shots down the hall in your direction as fast as he can squeeze the trigger, and bullets whizzing by you one after the other .. lets say those stairs are at least 45-50 steps, probably more... a lengthy shot for a pistol whatever the exact distance ... under those conditions, students running every direction, crowded hallway - could

YOU

leave your room, stay under total control,take careful aim and kill or wound the shooter stopping him from killing students without hitting and injuring any kids yourself?

Ive been around guns all of my life. I started shooting .22 rimfire pistols when I was 6 - .357 mag pistols when I was 12. I rate the degree of difficulty in that exact scenario on a scale of 1-10 .. 100+

what would you do ?

If there is no clear shot, take cover in the doorway and wait to see if the students clear the hall.

Once they do, start shooting at the shooter until he goes down.

THe range is not the bad, and you aren't trying to hit a small bullseye, just the shooter's torso.

I've never found semi-auto pistols to be that intimidating.

YOU

what would you do ?
I'd send you out. But what these lying scum never concede to is that carrying a gun does not mean you have to commit suicide. lol

I can out shoot you x 10 and the odds of me making that shot in a crowd, getting shot at are slim at best ... 99 out of a 100 couldnt hit that brick wall backstop under those circumstances ..

simple simon ...

You need a dog. The cat will become alarmed and jump on the dog who will stop snoring and start barking, that will wake you up in plenty of time to get to your gun.

YOU

what would you do ?

I can out shoot you x 10 and the odds of me making that shot in a crowd, getting shot at are slim at best ... 99 out of a 100 couldnt hit that brick wall backstop under those circumstances ..

simple simon ...
What does your reply have to do with what I posted, besides being your usual spinning lying liberal bullshit?

YOU

what would you do ?

simple simon ...
What does your reply have to do with what I posted, besides being your usual spinning lying liberal bullshit?

you said youd send me out - chances are I couldnt make the shot EVEN if I decided to take one .. which I wouldnt do with multiple students running away from the stairs and at me - between me and the shooter ...

better?

Last edited:

YOU

what would you do ?

simple simon ...

you said youd send me out - chances are I couldnt make the shot EVEN if I decided to take one .. which I wouldnt do with multiple students between me and the shooter ...

better?
So how many times have you seen me shoot then troll?

YOU

what would you do ?

If there is no clear shot, take cover in the doorway and wait to see if the students clear the hall.

Once they do, start shooting at the shooter until he goes down.

THe range is not the bad, and you aren't trying to hit a small bullseye, just the shooter's torso.

if youre standing in the athletic director's door and the shooter is standing at the foot of those stairs, the iron sight of your pistol completely covers up an entire torso target .. try it sometime

Forum List

Back