Hyper-Partisanship Is Destroying America

So did you notice that, in response to your post, the partisans started right in on pointing the finger at each other?

One may as well laugh at this point.

I don't deny I am a "partisan" or an "extremist". When you know you're right about something you should stand on your principles and not back down.

On most issues, there is a right or wrong. All the important issues anyway. Queers, legal dope abortion... fuck all that. I barely care enough to do much more than ridicule the bed wetters on those threads. When it comes to foreign affairs and the economic issues though, I am concerned.

If the country is bankrupt, it can't defend itself and taxing pot and abortions won't help. Right now we are on the verge of insolvency and that's wrong. Democrooks are dead set against solving it, and republicrats just want to pull the band aid off slower.

Conservatives are pushing for a balanced budget and that's right.

As far as my "partisanship" goes, I have little use for republicrats but I'm stuck with the only opposition to the regressive insanity of the democrooks.

The abandonment of compromise is the death of democracy.

Compromise on a bad idea is still a bad idea.
No, it's compromise. Compromise is always messy and frequently disgusting. The Three-Fifths Compromise is a good example. Without it though, we wouldn't have a country. Luckily, we were led by great men back then, not the sick, stupid children who we elect to "lead" us today.

Anyone who advocates the abandonment of compromise is a traitor to the founding principles of this country.
But slavery led to the Civil War. Another great time of solidarity across the aisles!
The Civil War is a perfect example of the stupidity of abandoning compromise. Both sides were completely incapable of seeing the other's POV. The result? Chaos and misery. Death and destruction on a massive scale. The South is still the poorest region of the country as a result.
But it proves were have had hyperpartisanship before now so your hysteria doesn't cut it. That was the point. There are many cites in the south doing a whole lot better than Baltimore or Detroit. Still a thread fail, you can't rescue it.

Please quote the time in US history when we didn't have "hyper-partisan politics"?
I'm not sure what "quote the time" means. If you look at the list of so-called political topics discussed here, none of it is politics. It's all absurd name-calling, like a bunch of children in a schoolyard. A pretty good reflection of the hyper-partisan stupidity that substitutes for a true marketplace of ideas.

Do you think obstructionism is a valid political strategy? Do you celebrate the abandonment of compromise? Do you truly see no change in the level of partisan rancor in this country?
You answered some other question. How was this too complicated? "Please quote the time in US history when we didn't have "hyper-partisan politics"?"
You think we've always had hyper-partisan politics. I get it. You're wrong. You also don't know what the word "quote" means. I'd cite a source authority on the subject, but you'd just claim it's invalid because of some hyper-partisan reasoning.

Hyper-partisanship is the abandonment of compromise, the abandonment of the concept of a loyal opposition. In short, it's you.
In other words you can't answer the question. Thread fail!
You haven't asked a question. It is impossible to quote a time. Time doesn't speak. Try English.
You're an idiot. And a failure.

Someone needs to inform elvis that we live in a Republic.
You are a fool. Republicanism and representative democracy have nothing to do with one another. One is a system of power sharing between government entities, the other a means by which the will of the people can be expressed. They are not mutually exclusive. Your ignorance is truly disgusting. You are a traitor to the principles upon which this nation was founded.

The Founding Fathers had balls. They knew the risk of a popular vote, and they, very cautiously, experimented with it. Jefferson said it best (of course):

"Whenever the people are well informed, they can be trusted with their own government; that whenever things get so far wrong as to attract their notice, they may be relied on to set them to rights."

We've extended the franchise to far too many idiots. That's what's destroying us, not people who hold opinions you don't agree with.
When did they experiment with the popular vote?
When they instituted it? Do you know nothing about American history?
Another question you failed to answer. You throw out misinformation and back it up with stupidity and deflection. You're a failure!

The extremes of both parties have created this problem for our country.

No one can work together and any working together makes you a rino.

which means it's not the fault of the dems... who worked with the republicans even after the election was handed by scalia to baby bush.

it's the rabid right that requires purity.
LOL, a libtard still whining about Dims not being able to cheat their way to victory.

LOL, a libtard still whining about Dims not being able to cheat their way to victory.

She really said something even more profoundly stupid there,

a complete blithering idiot said:
the rabid right that requires purity

How many democrooks are known as "mavericks" who "reach across the aisle"? How many democrooks oppose or even suggest limits on abortion? How many democrooks cautioned the moonbat messiah not to act without congressional approval? Any democrooks out there well known for their 2A advocacy? How about a democrook concerned with the near $20 trillion debt?

Which is also funny because when the debt was $8 trillion shortly after the democrooks took congress and opened the vault doors, moonbats across the country where wailing about "Bush's spending". The meat muppet faggot himself called it "unpatriotic", said he'd cut it in half during his first term, and he's doubled it.

Where are the democrooks condemning THAT?

How about 7 years worth of crickets regarding the deficit?

Political purity?

That sniveling parasite proves bed wetters are weapons grade stupid.

obama is a perfect example of hyper partisanship. He demonizes his political opponents in ways Bush never thought of. And for doing shit no where near as bad. He called Bush unpatriotic for running up the debt so high, even though the /dims played a major role!

obama is a perfect example of hyper partisanship. He demonizes his political opponents in ways Bush never thought of. And for doing shit no where near as bad. He called Bush unpatriotic for running up the debt so high, even though the /dims played a major role!

I think being "partisan" to some people simply means not being a moonbat.

No, it's compromise. Compromise is always messy and frequently disgusting. The Three-Fifths Compromise is a good example. Without it though, we wouldn't have a country. Luckily, we were led by great men back then, not the sick, stupid children who we elect to "lead" us today.

Anyone who advocates the abandonment of compromise is a traitor to the founding principles of this country.

Actually, no.

That said, I do not favor abandonment of compromise, merely the abandonment of compromise for reasons of political expediency and political correctness.

But slavery led to the Civil War. Another great time of solidarity across the aisles!
The Civil War is a perfect example of the stupidity of abandoning compromise. Both sides were completely incapable of seeing the other's POV. The result? Chaos and misery. Death and destruction on a massive scale. The South is still the poorest region of the country as a result.

I am under no obligation as an American to acquiesce to your point-of-view.

The extremes of both parties have created this problem for our country.

No one can work together and any working together makes you a rino.

which means it's not the fault of the dems... who worked with the republicans even after the election was handed by scalia to baby bush.

it's the rabid right that requires purity.

Purity is a good thing.

Or, is it okay if I pee in your orange juice?

The thing is the left defines compromise as agreement with them.
If that isn't a hyper-partisan view, what is?
We have hyper-partisanship on both sides and the example of "compromise as agreement with them" is what we see everyday on these boards and in Washington by all parties.
Wrong. When ever we hear about wanting politicians to "reach across the aisles" it's the left that knows it doesn't have the votes. And there's the fact that is you are pro-traditional marriage you are a homophobe that wants to deny people "equal rights". If you oppose obama you are a racist. Against tax funded abortion you are waging a war on women. There are thousands of examples.

Hyper-partisanship is what the left does, all day, every day.

Maybe this mouse turd is right.

Maybe if 3 million jews committed suicide in 1939 we could have avoided WW2.

Democraps were super-pissed that they lost the White House in 2000 and for the next 8 years, and let the far left hijack their party afterwards while the concept of compromise completely left their vocabulary when they regained the WH. Repubs failed to nominate a real leader for the next two prez elections while Rinos' in Congress let the emboldened Democraps walk all over them (in reality, out-manuver them) with the help of a leftist media and a dumbed down electorate that ate up their propaganda like Tastykakes.
This is the general cliff-note version that has led up to these hyper-partisan dayz............

Last edited:
And to think this all started in earnest during the Reagan administration when the liberals wet their panties when he said no. The only problem liberals have is they just don't understand they can't always get what they want so they whine and cry like the little babies they are.

I'd say the undisputed last superpower has done pretty well in less than 250 years under Constitutional law and capitalism. The modern political translation of "compromise" is of course, republicans caving in to democrat demands. Lefties haven't stopped whining about the unfairness of only controlling 1/3 of the federal government since republicans won the most stunning victory in modern mid-term history last November. You never heard the word "compromise" when Hussein had control of the whole enchilada and as a matter of fact the arrogant SOB informed republicans that he had no intention of listening to their demands back in 09.

Forum List

Back