Hurricane Harvey Grows to Cat 4

It's all good here in Katy.
That this thing is going to last till Wednesday is nuts though.
Especially when you look at the forecasted track. We may get shit upon before it's all over.
upload_2017-8-25_22-4-42.png

Especially when you look at the forecasted track. We may get shit upon before it's all over.
View attachment 146108

Glad you're ok...ya, I was hearing it could sit over the area pouring down rain all week. One report said as much as 35 inches in places.

View attachment 146108

Glad you're ok...ya, I was hearing it could sit over the area pouring down rain all week. One report said as much as 35 inches in places.

We hold the record for the most rain in one day in the US so we're kinda used to it.
43 inches in 24 hours.....
Alvin, south of Houston, still holds U.S. record for most rain in one day

I hope you're far enough inland not to get too much damage - it's covering a huge area! I've never gotten flooded - one advantage of living on a ridge, even when though WV had some horrible flooding these past few years.

I couldn't imagine staying if I had the means to go...but then I think, how would I stuff 4 dogs, 2 cats, necessities and Mr. C into a car....we'd do it though.

I hope you're far enough inland not to get too much damage - it's covering a huge area! I've never gotten flooded - one advantage of living on a ridge, even when though WV had some horrible flooding these past few years.

We're just west of Houston in Katy.
We dont see any flooding because it's relatively new construction and in an affluent area.

Cinco Ranch by Newland Communities

We dont see any flooding because it's relatively new construction and in an affluent area.

I wonder if Alvin will break it's record?

View attachment 146108
It's odd how they (the forecasters) think it (Harvey) will loop back out to sea and then double back on Houston.

One of the weirdest tracks I've ever seen for sure.
I'm a skeptic when it comes to forecasting hurricane tracks though.

I couldn't imagine staying if I had the means to go...but then I think, how would I stuff 4 dogs, 2 cats, necessities and Mr. C into a car....we'd do it though.

In my 45 years in Houston I've never had to evac.
It really depends on if you live in flood prone areas.
My mothers place on Tiki Island got the beat shit out of it when Ike came in though.
upload_2017-8-25_22-35-6.png

My mothers place on Tiki Island got the beat shit out of it when Ike came in though.
View attachment 146113

That is so low looking - I can't imagine it surviving the waves! A lot of our graduates end up in the Houston area (no surprise since they're geology) - I'm hoping they'll be ok too.

View attachment 146113

That is so low looking - I can't imagine it surviving the waves! A lot of our graduates end up in the Houston area (no surprise since they're geology) - I'm hoping they'll be ok too.

I wonder if Alvin will break it's record?

Not likely.
We're looking at rain spread over a matter of a week rather than a day.
I suspect there will be flooding but it will be in low lying old construction.

View attachment 146113

Tiki Island is on the North side of the bay behind Galveston island which is a barrier island.
You'd be surprised the amount of punishment it can take.

View attachment 146108

We hold the record for the most rain in one day in the US so we're kinda used to it.

Holy Crap. Western Washington may be known for rain but not that much in such a short time. I think our record was just over 5 inches in 24 hours. But then our rainfall is more like a leaky faucet that never stops.

View attachment 146108

Holy Crap. Western Washington may be known for rain but not that much in such a short time. I think our record was just over 5 inches in 24 hours. But then our rainfall is more like a leaky faucet that never stops.

Lived in Pullman when I was a kid. Of course that was on the eastside of the range so we didnt get a shitload of rain.

View attachment 146108

Lived in Pullman when I was a kid. Of course that was on the eastside of the range so we didnt get a shitload of rain.

yep, Eastside is completely different from the Westside

Just be safe :thup:

Forum List

Back