Hunger Strikes Escalate 12 Detainees On Hunger Strike

Status
Not open for further replies.

SherriMunnerlyn

VIP Member
Jun 11, 2012

by ADDAMEER - Prisoner Support and Human Rights Association 2/26/2013

Hunger Strikes Escalate 12 Detainees On Hunger Strike - International Middle East Media Center

Detainee Ayman Sharawna (36 years old) from Dura Al Khalil: Sharawna started his hunger strike on July 1, 2012 in protest of his re-arrest under Article 186 of Military Order 1651.

Detainee Samer Al-Issawi (33 years old) from Issawiya, Jerusalem: The Israeli Occupying Forces (IOF) re-arrested Issawi on July 7, 2012. He has been on hunger strike for over 200 days in protest of his arbitrary re-arrest.

Administrative Detainees Jafar Azzidine (41 years old) and Tarek Qa’adan (40 years old), from Araba, Jenin: Azzidine and Qa’adan started their hunger strike on 28 November 2012, in protest of their administrative detention orders. On February 24, 2013, they were transferred from Ramleh Prison Clinic to Asaf Harove Hospital as their health condition seriously deteriorated after their refusal to drink water. They have a hearing tomorrow, to confirm a three month renewal of their administrative detentions, that will be at the hospital due to their fragile health and their inability to move.

There are 8 new hunger striker prisoners:

Detainee Mona Qa'adan from Araba, Jenin: Qa'adan entered a hunger strike on February 20, 2013 in support of her detained brother, Tarek Qa'adan, who is also on hunger strike. She is presently in isolation as punishment for having joined the hunger strike.

Prisoner Maher Abdellatif Younis, age 54, the longest serving Palestinian prisoner in the Occupation’s jails: Younis began his hunger strike on February 24, 2013 and is currently in Gilboa Prison. He announced his strike with the goal of shedding light on the issue of pre-Oslo prisoners (who currently number 109), and the necessity of their release en masse without appeal. He has spent over 30 years behind bars.

Administrative detainee Hazem Al-Tawil, resident of the city of Al-Khalil (Hebron): He entered an open hunger strike on February 20, 2013 after one day of detention in protest of the issuing of a six-month administrative detention order against him. He previously spent 1 1/2 years in administrative detentions.

Detainee Samer Al-Barq (38 years old) from Jayyous, Qalqilia: He has been administratively detained since February 24, 2010. He has participated in prior hunger strikes, as well.

Addameer learned that detained Younis Al-Hroub announced a hunger strike in protest of his administrative detention. Prisoners Ayman Saker, Sofian Rabie and Omar Dar Ayyoub announced an open hunger strike in support of the other striking prisoners

Sherri

Hunger Strikes Escalate 12 Detainees On Hunger Strike - International Middle East Media Center

Detainee Ayman Sharawna (36 years old) from Dura Al Khalil: Sharawna started his hunger strike on July 1, 2012 in protest of his re-arrest under Article 186 of Military Order 1651.

Detainee Samer Al-Issawi (33 years old) from Issawiya, Jerusalem: The Israeli Occupying Forces (IOF) re-arrested Issawi on July 7, 2012. He has been on hunger strike for over 200 days in protest of his arbitrary re-arrest.

Administrative Detainees Jafar Azzidine (41 years old) and Tarek Qa’adan (40 years old), from Araba, Jenin: Azzidine and Qa’adan started their hunger strike on 28 November 2012, in protest of their administrative detention orders. On February 24, 2013, they were transferred from Ramleh Prison Clinic to Asaf Harove Hospital as their health condition seriously deteriorated after their refusal to drink water. They have a hearing tomorrow, to confirm a three month renewal of their administrative detentions, that will be at the hospital due to their fragile health and their inability to move.

Detainee Mona Qa'adan from Araba, Jenin: Qa'adan entered a hunger strike on February 20, 2013 in support of her detained brother, Tarek Qa'adan, who is also on hunger strike. She is presently in isolation as punishment for having joined the hunger strike.

Prisoner Maher Abdellatif Younis, age 54, the longest serving Palestinian prisoner in the Occupation’s jails: Younis began his hunger strike on February 24, 2013 and is currently in Gilboa Prison. He announced his strike with the goal of shedding light on the issue of pre-Oslo prisoners (who currently number 109), and the necessity of their release en masse without appeal. He has spent over 30 years behind bars.

Administrative detainee Hazem Al-Tawil, resident of the city of Al-Khalil (Hebron): He entered an open hunger strike on February 20, 2013 after one day of detention in protest of the issuing of a six-month administrative detention order against him. He previously spent 1 1/2 years in administrative detentions.

Detainee Samer Al-Barq (38 years old) from Jayyous, Qalqilia: He has been administratively detained since February 24, 2010. He has participated in prior hunger strikes, as well.

Addameer learned that detained Younis Al-Hroub announced a hunger strike in protest of his administrative detention. Prisoners Ayman Saker, Sofian Rabie and Omar Dar Ayyoub announced an open hunger strike in support of the other striking prisoners

Sherri
Does this mean the prison cooks will get more paid leave? Since no one is stuffing their gut. (Except Samer, he has delivery privilege)

Reading these posts and human beings laughing about others dying, I cannot help but think about the crowds who watched as Jesus was crucified and their cheers and their laughter and their mocking and cruel and inhumane words. It is kind of like each of the posters here by their words they write are crucifying Jesus one more time! We see the choices to love or to hate are the same now as then and many still making that second choice. Sherri

Reading these posts and human beings laughing about others dying, I cannot help but think about the crowds who watched as Jesus was crucified and their cheers and their laughter and their mocking and cruel and inhumane words. It is kind of like each of the posters here by their words they write are crucifying Jesus one more time! We see the choices to love or to hate are the same now as then and many still making that second choice. Sherri

Meanwhile you cheer when the terrorists launch missiles rockets and mortars at schools, day care centers, shopping malls and other civilian targets. You cheer when suicide bombers blow up school buses, public transport buses and pizza parlors. Talk about sick and disgusting?

You mean to tell me Samir is still alive after not eating for 7 months? How the hell does that work?

m0169.gif

Meanwhile you cheer when the terrorists launch missiles rockets and mortars at schools, day care centers, shopping malls and other civilian targets. You cheer when suicide bombers blow up school buses, public transport buses and pizza parlors. Talk about sick and disgusting?

Well said! Sherri believes one should not cheer when Perisoners in Israel die, people should never cheer others dying! UNLESS, they're Israelis.

In that case, it is even recommended.

Not True. None of that even happening except in minds of those who want to keep crucifying Jesus over and over and over again, like you!

Not True. None of that even happening except in minds of those who want to keep crucifying Jesus over and over and over again, like you!

No one is firing indiscriminately into Israel from Gaza? You want us to take you seriously and you post that? God you are stupider then I thought.

"I call this reaping what one has sown, to see bad things happen to people doing bad things.

I look forward to watching more of that reaping process unfold."

The same post as previously linked to. I hope sherri enjoys her meal of her words.

No one is firing indiscriminately into Israel from Gaza? You want us to take you seriously and you post that? God you are stupider then I thought.

STOP DISTORTING WHAT I SAID, and putting your words into my mouth. I did not say that. I have nothing to do with your filthy words and your filthy hate. I am Blessed to watch, in the acts of these hunger strikers, 12 men and women hunger and thirst for justice and righteosness like Jesus did. Nothing you say about them takes anything away from their acts of sacrifice. I just have to remember to keep my eyes on Jesus and limit my thoughts about hate like yours. You and your ilk of haters are not to hate or I become just like you, what you need is prayer! There must be a lot of hurting behind all that hate!

"I call this reaping what one has sown, to see bad things happen to people doing bad things.

The same post as previously linked to. I hope sherri enjoys her meal of her words.

Words taken out of context out of one poster's hate of another, I will pray right now for you and ask God to forgive you for wishing these 12 men and women to die.

Sherri

Great news. That means the food will last longer.

Words taken out of context out of one poster's hate of another, I will pray right now for you and ask God to forgive you for wishing these 12 men and women to die.

What is the name of the God you are praying to?

Sherri

Great news. That means the food will last longer.

And you call yourself a Christian? As you stand crucifying Jesus again, you call yourself a Christian!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back