Humor

Questioner

Nov 26, 2019
What is your opinion on "good" or "bad humor". Some say there's a fine line between being too humorous and too serious.

In my opinion, most political humor is only "funny" if you agree with its variant of partisan politics, as is usually dishonest and misinformative.

What is your opinion on "good" or "bad humor". Some say there's a fine line between being too humorous and too serious.

In my opinion, most political humor is only "funny" if you agree with its variant of partisan politics, as is usually dishonest and misinformative.

If the humor is actually funny, and not just hateful "roasting", the humor can be appreciated even by people that do not agree with it's message.

IF the humor is just hateful "roasting" then it is not funny, even if hateful people enjoy it, because it belittles people or ideas or things they hate.

This is funny.

Political-Memes-call-her-monica.jpeg

If the humor is actually funny, and not just hateful "roasting", the humor can be appreciated even by people that do not agree with it's message.

IF the humor is just hateful "roasting" then it is not funny, even if hateful people enjoy it, because it belittles people or ideas or things they hate.
I second this.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I'll never forget how cruel they were to Sarah Sanders. It wasn't funny, it was barely even humor. It was just you are ugly, you are bad, you are terrible, and on and on and on.

Everyone knows, it was simply her job to say to the media what she was told to say.

It wasn't even a 'roast'. A roast is legitimate friendly digs. This was just brutalizing a woman for doing her job.

Ever since that time, I pretty much write off all 'political humor' from the left-wing as not having anything to do with humor, and everything to do with being cruel scum.

Forum List

Back