"human Sexuality Is The Most Natural Thing In The World"

"I'm often asked when to begin sex education in the home...

dr. ruth shartheimer said:
Just outta sheer curiousity, who the hell's askin' you that???

deltex1 said:
It's a good question....but no one has ever asked me that question....either.

And my question to him still stands.

I hardly think that I'm alone in wanting to know who is asking him when to give his/ her kids a lecture about the birds and the bees.

That was part of the link. He should have put in quotes so that people would not mistake it for HIS words.

Here is a quick sketch of what I hope to convey to you:

1. Sexuality is at the core of our human existence. Therefore, we have a responsibility to equip our children with a comprehensive view of sexuality.
# If our children are to have a healthy respect and appreciation for the gift of sexuality, parents must both teach and model the precepts and principles that lead to greater sexual health and integrity.
# As for timing and when to get started, there's no time like the present."

People's reaction to this should be hillarious considering the source,
How to Start Early - Focus on the Family

crusaderfrank said:
OMFG!! You need help!!

hossfly said:
Yeah, I remember in biology class when the teacher explained the functions of the pistil and the stamen how that caused a lot of wet dreams. Assisted of course.

delta4embassy said:
Judaism teaches noctural emission (aka wet dreams) are caused by Lilith coming at night when Jewish men and boys slumber stealing their seed. Developed amulets of protection to ward her off over it. :)

We'll see about that — officially.

The Rabbi

Lilith stealing little boys' seed?

BBBBRRERAAAAACCCCCCKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Splatter ?,(!$)&&??,,,

Yes, that was me puking again, violently this time. Either I have Ebola or I just read another crazed sex post from Delta.

1. Sexuality is at the core of our human existence. Therefore, we have a responsibility to equip our children with a comprehensive view of sexuality.
# If our children are to have a healthy respect and appreciation for the gift of sexuality, parents must both teach and model the precepts and principles that lead to greater sexual health and integrity.

OMFG!! You need help!!
Yeah, I remember in biology class when the teacher explained the functions of the pistil and the stamen how that caused a lot of wet dreams. Assisted of course.

Judaism teaches noctural emission (aka wet dreams) are caused by Lilith coming at night when Jewish men and boys slumber stealing their seed. Developed amulets of protection to ward her off over it. :)
Source?

Now the thread's about to get interesting.

Get 'im, Rabbi!!!

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
Im not saying there couldnt be a midrash or something to that effect. But it is largely irrelevent. What is relevant is that masturbation is a great sin and the rabbis put a huge emphasis on it.
Additionally human sexuality is very important. But only to married people who practice it. Therefore people get "chassan and kallah" classes (bride and groom) about a month or two before they get married, explaining the intricacies of the laws connected with marriage.
Why teach little kids something like that, unless you expect them to have sex at an early age, c'v?

the sharts said:

Get 'im, Rabbi!!!

The Rabbi said:
Im not saying there couldnt be a midrash or something to that effect. But it is largely irrelevent. What is relevant is that masturbation is a great sin and the rabbis put a huge emphasis on it.
Additionally human sexuality is very important. But only to married people who practice it. Therefore people get "chassan and kallah" classes (bride and groom) about a month or two before they get married, explaining the intricacies of the laws connected with marriage.
Why teach little kids something like that, unless you expect them to have sex at an early age, c'v?

Thanks. :thup:

And what is your position with regard to this thread's OP?

the sharts said:

Get 'im, Rabbi!!!

The Rabbi said:

Thanks. :thup:

And what is your position with regard to this thread's OP?
The author is an evangelical Christian writing for other evangelical Christians. As such it doesnt have much to do with me. He is right that parents ought to teach sexuality. He is right that parents ought to explain what is important about it. I disagree about the timing and some content but so what? It's not addressed to me.
Thanks for asking my opinion here, btw.

(Question for The Rabbi)

Yo Rabbi

Are there many Jews who consider the story about Lilith escaping the Garden of Eden before Eve's creation to be canon to their religion? Or do Jews tend to view it kinda like Paradise Lost, an interesting story inspired by the real deal but not the real deal itself?

Last edited:

Wow. You sort of have a "thing" about mixing the topic of sex with the topic of kids. I'm starting to wonder about you. Anything you'd like to share with the rest of us? Any secrets?

(Question for The Rabbi)

Yo Rabbi

Are there many Jews who consider the story about Lilith escaping the Garden of Eden before Eve's creation to be canon to their religion? Or do Jews tend to view it kinda like Paradise Lost, an interesting story inspired by the real deal but not the real deal itself?

It's a midrash. As such it isnt something a person is obligated to believe is literally true, any more than Adam and Eve were green.

OMFG!! You need help!!

Source?

Lilith in the Torah Talmud and Midrash

"BT Shabbat 151b also discusses Lilith, warning that a man should not sleep alone in a house lest Lilith fall upon him in his sleep. According to this and other texts, Lilith is a female succubus not unlike the lillu demons referenced above. The rabbis believed she was responsible for nocturnal emissions while a man was sleeping and that Lilith used the semen she collected to give birth to hundreds of demon babies. Lilith also appears in Baba Batra 73a-b, where a sighting of her son is described, and in Erubin 100b, where the rabbis discuss Lilith’s long hair in relation to Eve."

more on link

Wow. You sort of have a "thing" about mixing the topic of sex with the topic of kids. I'm starting to wonder about you. Anything you'd like to share with the rest of us? Any secrets?

Like others you seem to have missed where this comes from.

OMFG!! You need help!!

Source?

Lilith in the Torah Talmud and Midrash

"BT Shabbat 151b also discusses Lilith, warning that a man should not sleep alone in a house lest Lilith fall upon him in his sleep. According to this and other texts, Lilith is a female succubus not unlike the lillu demons referenced above. The rabbis believed she was responsible for nocturnal emissions while a man was sleeping and that Lilith used the semen she collected to give birth to hundreds of demon babies. Lilith also appears in Baba Batra 73a-b, where a sighting of her son is described, and in Erubin 100b, where the rabbis discuss Lilith’s long hair in relation to Eve."

more on link
Yeah not a very reliable source.
The Talmud quoted is aggadata so take it at your own risk.

Forum List

Back